Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Dewsbury

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

36 - 22 to barrow. 30 unanswered second half points against a strong wind. Brilliant second half performance about 15 minutes left.

#2 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

superb effort to turn it around keep it up barrow

#3 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

what a result....... get in!

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

well played barrow.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Great result. Well done barrow. Made up for you lot.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well done Barrow it may of just took you a few matches to adjust to the championship but to beat Dewsbury the way they have been playing is a good result you must of been great in the second half

WELL DONE

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well done Barrow a great come back and win

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Outstanding, the last 10mins of the first and all of the second half, 36 unanswered points; after 15mins of the 2nd I found my self with a semi, havn't been that exited for a long time :D

#9 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

36 unanswered points. At 22-0 it looked like we were in for a cricket score. Kurt Haggerty's cheeky try to get us on the scoreboard just before half time set is up. I'd love to know what Holty said at the break cos it certainly fired us up
Attendance was 89? So a lot of fans missed an absolute treat. Well done boys you were brilliant. Onward and upward !
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#10 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well done barrow,hopefully onwards & upwards now

#11 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

great win for you guys ,well done.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#12 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Yyyyyyesssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#13 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

So boo sucks yah to all the 'Fair Weather Fans' who were calling for Holty's head just before half time and some of who actually walked out!
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#14 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Bloody marvelous result, great turn a round, the lads must be buzzing :D Right fella's you have just showed us that you have adjusted to the pace and guile of this league so our season started today lets keep up this new found intensity & show the rest that Craven Park is our house, you don't come to Barrow and take liberties, not in OUR HOUSE you don't ;)

Buzzing from this result.

#15 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

I really would like to know what Holty said at half time. They came back out just as a completely different side. My MOM has to go to Brennan. In the second half he was absolute class. He seemed to run with more conviction and was a real handful. Harrison and Haggerty class as always.

The sending off IMO it wasn't intentional but still very dangerous. I don't think his size difference between himself and Campbell helped either. Whoever walked out at half time it serves you right!

Roll on the haven game.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 10 March 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

After being at the game against the bulldogs i knew barrow had it in them to do us s favour against our old enemy. Well done

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#17 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

good to see casey converting all as well
If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough, when you get knocked down you gotta get back up...

#18 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well done Barrow and really pleased for you especially as you dont use Dual Regs. Hopefully you push on from this. It is going to be a tough season for you especially when other clubs use SL players. But hopefully you will not just stay up but progress off the field as well and in the future be a much stronger club on and off the field.

#19 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Thought Mossop killed it the 2nd half. Also nice to see Brennan run like we know he can.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#20 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

So boo sucks yah to all the 'Fair Weather Fans' who were calling for Holty's head just before half time and some of who actually walked out!

Seriously......walked out???

I wasn't there due to work but wish I could have been.
When the Mrs text me in the second half I did have to ask her if she had left and gone to another game.

Great result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users