Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Days, Great effort

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Knight

Andy Knight
  • Coach
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Way hay, now that was a good Afternoon, Knights superb especially in that first 40 mins, second half a bit patchy but we deserved the win and played some excellent running Rugby.
Worky to be fair we're Awful, by way the poorest side I've seen this season, I expected a tough physical game but they never got going at all and at times it was all too easy for the Knights.
Some superb performances, Elliott strong on the wing, Briscoe a real threat and looks like he can score and open up sides every time he has his hands on the ball and Nicho a handful and he ain't even fit yet.
As for the pack today well.....take a bow, Thought Ed Smith was massive as was Sully and Jack Aldous but Dean Hadley was massive, everywhere in defence and attack, never misses a thing in defence and has a great brain and skill range any other day he would have been my MOM but just shading him was Jack Lee who I'm glad to say is getting back to the Jack Lee or a few seasons ago, he was terrific and was rewarded with a fine hat trick.
A great win and day out, really enjoyed it, nice to watch a game and think that the win was in the bag a long way from the end.
Well done All the lads, looking forward to Cougers away, another game we have to get something from, but with the same spirit and belief I'm sure we can.....onwards and upwards !

Edited by Andy Knight, 10 March 2013 - 05:41 PM.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"
Millican Dalton...1867-1947

#2 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

there was more in the bar than the ground i wonder why pm me if you want to know

#3 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Thought our pack got on top of theres from the K.O. theres were second best, well played all 17 on the pitch we just have to do it every week.

#4 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Great performance today and you can only beat what's in front of you, I agree that Ed Smith and Aldous are real pocket battleships and do lots of un-noticed work, however I have to say how nice was it to see some size and go forward in our pack today, Sully looks a very strong player this season and Nicholson and Potter have made a big difference, Tom Carr simply class and the kicking game of Nicklas was probably best I have seen since Broughy left us. On a cautious note Town were shockingly poor today and we should have nilled them, we have to take 6 points from next two games and then go into the Fev game on Good Friday aiming for a B.point.well done to all, great defence as well.

Edited by ANDYPK, 10 March 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Way hay, now that was a good Afternoon, Knights superb especially in that first 40 mins, second half a bit patchy but we deserved the win and played some excellent running Rugby.
Worky to be fair we're Awful, by way the poorest side I've seen this season, I expected a tough physical game but they never got going at all and at times it was all too easy for the Knights.
Some superb performances, Elliott strong on the wing, Briscoe a real threat and looks like he can score and open up sides every time he has his hands on the ball and Nicho a handful and he ain't even fit yet.
As for the pack today well.....take a bow, Thought Ed Smith was massive as was Sully and Jack Aldous but Dean Hadley was massive, everywhere in defence and attack, never misses a thing in defence and has a great brain and skill range any other day he would have been my MOM but just shading him was Jack Lee who I'm glad to say is getting back to the Jack Lee or a few seasons ago, he was terrific and was rewarded with a fine hat trick.
A great win and day out, really enjoyed it, nice to watch a game and think that the win was in the bag a long way from the end.
Well done All the lads, looking forward to Cougers away, another game we have to get something from, but with the same spirit and belief I'm sure we can.....onwards and upwards !

Agree with this summation so wont repeat too much, every Knights player from 1-17 deserves credit for a thoroughly professional demolition.

Over the years in matches against the Cumbrian sides we have seen too many occasions where the travellers have remained on the bus. Unfortunately this was one of them. It would be interesting to know how many sets Worky completed, especially in the first half?

But we'll let Town worry about that, well done Knights!!

#6 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Before the game I would have been happy with a bonus point,considering the patched up team we had out today,but from the kick off it was easy to see the York players were up for it.Hard to pick a man of the match today,as all the team put a good stint in,but great performances from Jack Aldous and Dean Hadley.The only dissapointing thing today was the attendance of 510.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users