Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup draw?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Any further news from West Hull?

#22 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Heard a rumour St. Helens want £3000 for the tie to play played at langtree park! Not sure if there is any truth in that but seems a bit steep! Should let them play for nothing as it is a one off game!

#23 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I don't know how much it is costing but the game is at Langtree Park on Sunday 7th April.

#24 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'd suggest that the figure quoted is exactly a rumour. Saints hosted the St.Helens Cup final last September and didn't charge anything other than covering the costs of staging the event as far as i'm aware, struggle to see why they would change that stance for this game.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#25 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Oldham switched their Chall Cup tie to Langtree last season and cited "we are not allowed to play at Oldham" as the reason ......... if you have ever been to The Whitebank Stadium :rolleyes: you would understand this however .........
Posted Image

#26 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'd suggest that the figure quoted is exactly a rumour. Saints hosted the St.Helens Cup final last September and didn't charge anything other than covering the costs of staging the event as far as i'm aware, struggle to see why they would change that stance for this game.

I must admit I though the figure seemed a bit steep and unfair, but with the current climate as it is, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a few quid for the use. I know Liverpool U'21s play there and I'm dam sure it won't be for nothing. Good luck to black brook either way, I'm sure they will do the amature game proud and give them a tough game.

#27 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Does anybody know when & where Ince Rose Bridge will be playing Hemel on 6th/7th April?

#28 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Does anybody know when & where Ince Rose Bridge will be playing Hemel on 6th/7th April?

Rose Bridge are still trying to get full agreement on the date and venue. I will post as soon as everything is okayed.

#29 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Rose Bridge are still trying to get full agreement on the date and venue. I will post as soon as everything is okayed.

Thanks.

#30 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

INCE ROSE BRIDGE V HEMEL STAGS

This game will take place on Sunday 7th April kick off 2.30 pm

Venue
Wigan Rugby Union Club
Douglas Valley
Leyland Mill Lane
Wigan
WN1 2SJ

May I put on record our thanks to Wgan R.U.F.C and Kris Radlinski of Wigan Warriors for there help along the way.

#31 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

INCE ROSE BRIDGE V HEMEL STAGS

This game will take place on Sunday 7th April kick off 2.30 pm

Venue
Wigan Rugby Union Club
Douglas Valley
Leyland Mill Lane
Wigan
WN1 2SJ

May I put on record our thanks to Wgan R.U.F.C and Kris Radlinski of Wigan Warriors for there help along the way.

Great, thanks.

#32 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Have all the grounds been decided on to play the Challenge Cup games, noticed a few amateur clubs drawn at home?

#33 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Not heard about West Hull .v. North Wales Crusaders yet.

#34 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Why not play at home? Is there a reason why Ince have given up home advantage at Pinfold St? I'm sure Ince could have catered for whoever turn up?
www.procompress.co.uk

#35 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

From what I have been told grounds have to pass RFL inspection and have to have a stand/seating area. I think

#36 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

From what I have been told grounds have to pass RFL inspection and have to have a stand/seating area. I think

Is Pinfold St as good as Esher Rugger club's ground?

rldfsignature.jpg

#37 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Why not play at home? Is there a reason why Ince have given up home advantage at Pinfold St? I'm sure Ince could have catered for whoever turn up?

Pinfold St does not meet the RFL criteria, but it is frustrating trying to overcome all the hurdles along the way to stage this game in Wigan.

#38 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the reply, I can imagine, I've never been to the RU ground, was Orrell not an option where Wigan academy play?
www.procompress.co.uk

#39 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Thanks for the reply, I can imagine, I've never been to the RU ground, was Orrell not an option where Wigan academy play?

That option was discussed and Wigan Warriors were very helpful and accomodating. Unfortunately due to other fixtures and other commitments Sunday was considered the best option and Orrell cannot be used due to the Warriors fixture.

#40 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Have all the grounds been decided on to play the Challenge Cup games, noticed a few amateur clubs drawn at home?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users