Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup draw?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Apparently West Hull have conceded home advantage because they can't get a suitable venue in Hull, but Crusaders can't have The Raceourse ground as Wrexham FC are at home. It could be played at Collwyn Bay or even as a warm up match to Widnes .v. Salford at Widnes.

#42 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

The Crusaders game is taking place at Wilderspool on Saturday 2.30pm. That rules me out. Eccles .v. Hunslet Warriors at same time.

#43 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

West Hull unfortunately talked to the wrong person at the YPI ground who told them it was unavailable to them for the weekend without the authority to do so by the time they got to talk to the right person it was too late the decision had already been made to take the fixture elsewhere. So looking forward to meeting your players and having some good banter with the fans.

#44 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

Forgive my ignorance but what is the YPI ground? Are you involved with West Hull Rammo? I won't be there but you will find our fans are a real friendly crowd. Very vocal but up for a laugh and they appreciate good RL from the opposition. The players are a good bunch too. Half of them came from the amateur ranks and they are very closeknit, like an amateur club, and they always have time for the fans.

#45 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Looks like Ince .v. Hemel for me then on Sunday.

#46 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm Hearing West Hull will play the Tie at YPI in Hull or they will refuse to play at all , Why should they give up home draw ??

#47 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Forgive my ignorance but what is the YPI ground?

YPI or Young People's Institute, is a sports ground in Hull that is used by Hull FC for their academy games. http://www.hullypi.com/

rldfsignature.jpg

#48 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm Hearing West Hull will play the Tie at YPI in Hull or they will refuse to play at all , Why should they give up home draw ??

You got a source on that or is it just speculation? That would result in the club not being paid the money the are owed for reaching this stage of the comp, getting banned from it for at least 2 years and making a holy show of the NCL and as a result damaging the chances of future amateur participation which I believe is up for review in the near future.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#49 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info deluded pom the latest info at the minute is the RL have said no to West Hull playing at YPI and keeping the game at wilderspool see what happens next

#50 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info deluded pom the latest info at the minute is the RL have said no to West Hull playing at YPI and keeping the game at wilderspool see what happens next

The RFL Challenge Cup Official website gives all the kick off and stadia details for this weekend.

The YPI facility seems acceptable to the RFL as Skirlaugh host the All Golds there on sunday.

Has it been a case of West Hull being beaten to the ground by their Humberside colleagues , or did they abandon home advantage only to want to rethink their position after other arrangements have been put in hand?

Most of the other amateur clubs seem to have got sorted in good time - Rose Bridge will for instance play at Wigan RUFC courtesy of some help by Rads from the Warriors.........

Methinks Statman makes some valid points.......

#51 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

You got a source on that or is it just speculation? That would result in the club not being paid the money the are owed for reaching this stage of the comp, getting banned from it for at least 2 years and making a holy show of the NCL and as a result damaging the chances of future amateur participation which I believe is up for review in the near future.

Just speculation really , seen a few of the West Hull lads talking about the subject on Twitter! Could be absolute rubbish for all i Know

#52 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Crusaders and our fans were ready and willing to play the game in Hull and I know that for a fact. West Hull were told, mistakenly, that they could not play at the YPI ground as it was unavailable. They conceded home advantage to Crusaders but we can't play at the Racecourse this weekend because of work being done there. We looked at playing at Colwyn Bay (Where we played you in a friendly Statman), Cefn Druids FC and as a curtain raiser to the Widnes .v. Salford game but opted for Wilderspool when we found out it was available. After arrangements were finalised, West Hull found out that the YPI ground was available after all, but since then Skirlaugh have arranged to play All Gold there. I support Crusaders but am a huge fan of the amateur game too and I hope this does not cause any friction between the clubs because Crusaders players, officials and fans are a really friendly bunch. I think Thatto Heath will testify to that.

#53 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yeah we've developed a good relationship with the Crusaders club since their re-conception (not sure if that is a real word?) Had a good trip down to Colwyn Bay before last season to a really great facility at Parc Erias and then hosted North Wales this year. They've got a good bunch of people down there that are doing things the right way.

#54 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Skirlaugh v Gloucester All Golds is being played Sunday 7th April at Hull Rugby Union Chantlands Ave Hull 3pm ko

#55 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

To be honest i think the rules need relaxing when playing a Championship 1 club at home, i have great sympathy for West Hull in this instance. There's a thread about Egremont having 1480 paying adults for their game with Wath Brow which is fantastic, i cant imagine North Wales bringing more than 100 fans to West Hulls ground, they could easily accomodate that where they are. The RFL need to be a little more pragmatic about the situation, i'm sure Egremont dont have to jump through as many hoops to accomodate Wath Brom

#56 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Del Capo the only reason West Hull have to travel to wilderspool is due to been told the YPI ground was unavailable for the saturday by someone unauthorised to do so why would they play out of Hull if they didnt need to it doesnt make sense

#57 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Del Capo the only reason West Hull have to travel to wilderspool is due to been told the YPI ground was unavailable for the saturday by someone unauthorised to do so why would they play out of Hull if they didnt need to it doesnt make sense

Even if that is the case the venue has been agreed upon and published by the RFL. It is West Hull's responsibility to arrange the venue. They weren't able to do so within the required time frame (be that whether Joe Bloggs gave them duff info or not). The opposition need to make arrangements to travel, the RFL have to appoint match officials on certain days and the competition has to be publicised. I feel for Wests that they have been given the wrong info by the unauthorised person but that isn't the fault of the RFL or NW Crusaders, who obviously have had to scoure around for a ground themselves and ended up playing 30-40 miles away from their home.

#58 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

The game is going to be played Its just a pity that neither team will be at home meaning both sets of supporters have to travel which will no dought affect the size of the crowd shame really.

#59 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Even if that is the case the venue has been agreed upon and published by the RFL. It is West Hull's responsibility to arrange the venue. They weren't able to do so within the required time frame (be that whether Joe Bloggs gave them duff info or not). The opposition need to make arrangements to travel, the RFL have to appoint match officials on certain days and the competition has to be publicised. I feel for Wests that they have been given the wrong info by the unauthorised person but that isn't the fault of the RFL or NW Crusaders, who obviously have had to scoure around for a ground themselves and ended up playing 30-40 miles away from their home.

Could have gone to Goole Towns ground.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#60 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone feel they're being ripped off by the pro clubs by their admission charges ? and how do East Leeds followers feel about having to pay 18 quid by Leigh to watch their game ? .