Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup draw?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

Celtic Rooster I hear on the grapevine your putting on 3/4 coaches for the game tomorrow should make it very vocal be almost like a home game, looking forward to it now should be a good match may the best team win

#62 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Does anyone feel they're being ripped off by the pro clubs by their admission charges ? and how do East Leeds followers feel about having to pay 18 quid by Leigh to watch their game ? .

#63 Spankster

Spankster
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

To be honest i think the rules need relaxing when playing a Championship 1 club at home, i have great sympathy for West Hull in this instance. There's a thread about Egremont having 1480 paying adults for their game with Wath Brow which is fantastic, i cant imagine North Wales bringing more than 100 fans to West Hulls ground, they could easily accomodate that where they are. The RFL need to be a little more pragmatic about the situation, i'm sure Egremont dont have to jump through as many hoops to accomodate Wath Brom

I couldn't agree with you more. You wouldn't believe the amount of work Siddal have put in to stage the game at Huddersfield YMCA, it's been a full time job. The red tape etc is unbelievable. I just hope it's worth it & we get a bumper crowd there on Sunday.

#64 Harrison's barmy army

Harrison's barmy army
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

We played at Leigh few years back and think the admission prices were around the £12 mark. £18 pound seems very steep

#65 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

We played at Leigh few years back and think the admission prices were around the £12 mark. £18 pound seems very steep

Can Leigh reduce the price without agreement from the club they are playing. Obviously as some of the gate money is shared in the cup it doesn't just affect the home side. Seem to remember saints having to get an agreement from the club they were playing to reduce the prices.

#66 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. You wouldn't believe the amount of work Siddal have put in to stage the game at Huddersfield YMCA, it's been a full time job. The red tape etc is unbelievable. I just hope it's worth it & we get a bumper crowd there on Sunday.

Did you enquire about playing at the shay fri evening....or even Old Crossleyans ?

#67 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

Rammo23, as far as I know there is only one coach from the official supporters club, but Warrington is less than an hour from Wrexham and easy enough by train. We average 700 at home and would have taken 100 to Hull. I expect we will have more than 200 at Wilderspool. I won't be there. I only ever miss Crusaders games when Eccles are playing and Eccles are at home to Hunslet Warriors today. Have a great day. The Crusaders fans a good bunch. Hope West Hull do the amateur game proud but I obviously want Crusaders to progress and, hopefully get Salford in the next round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users