TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield V Featherstone.Thurs14th March.7.30pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Sheffield To Win (10 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (21 votes [61.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.76%

3. Draw (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Too many mistakes against a very good side. I thought we tackled well but the problem was we were left with too much tackling to do.

I just don't feel comfortable with
Hardman at centre but at full back yes. Bostock had a shocker tonight after being outstanding off the bench all year. Feel sorry for England he did not deserve to be on the losing side.

Heads up lads it's a long season, its all about how you finish which we have found to our cost before.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#22 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Awful. Simply awful.

Ref, us, pitch, the sudden change of venue. Awful.

Cummins Out.

#23 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Awful. Simply awful.

From a neutral perspective it was great, tight rugby played between two well matched teams which could have gone either way. The referee was just a referee, not perfect but did not alter the result. Not a great result for Featherstone but great for the competition.

#24 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Awful. Simply awful.

We were poor but we were still in with a shout of winning the game. We missed Briggs big time and bussey going off injured didn't help either. It was just one of those games we can't play top class rugby week in week out. We will be in both finals when it matters I'm sure of that just hope we lift the trophy's this time.

#25 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Team selection, Has Andy Kain done something wrong. Last week I could understand with Benny Kaye missing. But to put him on the bench when Benny is starting and Ellis is on the bench why put Andy there as well.. It seems as if Daryll is determined to play Bussey anywhere as long as he is on the field. I have no objection to him being in the 17 but it seems as if we have to have him at the start. We have seen him as second row and now stand off when we have players who in my humble opinion are better equiped to play in these positions. I wait with bated breath to be shot down or as usual have this thread now ignored.

#26 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

From a neutral perspective it was great, tight rugby played between two well matched teams which could have gone either way. The referee was just a referee, not perfect but did not alter the result. Not a great result for Featherstone but great for the competition.

Got to agree. The ref was shocking especially in the build up to their try just before half time. However the ref did not make as many mistakes as we did with the ball in our hands.

The only excuse I have for tonights defeat is too many mistakes, simple as that.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#27 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Team selection, Has Andy Kain done something wrong. Last week I could understand with Benny Kaye missing. But to put him on the bench when Benny is starting and Ellis is on the bench why put Andy there as well.. It seems as if Daryll is determined to play Bussey anywhere as long as he is on the field. I have no objection to him being in the 17 but it seems as if we have to have him at the start. We have seen him as second row and now stand off when we have players who in my humble opinion are better equiped to play in these positions. I wait with bated breath to be shot down or as usual have this thread now ignored.

I agree and I can understand DP trying new options but not in games like this like you say I think DP dropped a clanger tonight with his team selection but to be fair I didn't notice kain was on the field until he knocked on near the end of the game.

Edited by thundergaz, 14 March 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#28 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Got to agree. The ref was shocking especially in the build up to their try just before half time. However the ref did not make as many mistakes as we did with the ball in our hands.

The only excuse I have for tonights defeat is too many mistakes, simple as that.

Spot on Ian but we missed Briggs tonight big time and bussey getting injured didn't help either. But why bussey as to play week in week out I will never know he as to be one of the most over rated players I've seen in a Fev shirt. He isn't good enough to get in our team yet especially at stand off. DPs tactics were all wrong tonight IMO and that cost us the game I reckon.Ive said it for two seasons now I think DP as took us as far as he can and when it comes to the crunch he hasn't got the tactical brain. Hope he proves me wrong come the end of the season when it matters.Before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not calling for his head etc as he's done/doing a fantastic job for us I just think when it becomes a tactical game he gets out thought especially by Aston who as had his number for quite a while now.

Edited by thundergaz, 14 March 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#29 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Spot on Ian but we missed Briggs tonight big time and bussey getting injured didn't help either. But why bussey as to play week in week out I will never know he as to be one of the most over rated players I've seen in a Fev shirt. He isn't good enough to get in our team yet especially at stand off. DPs tactics were all wrong tonight IMO and that cost us the game I reckon.Ive said it for two seasons now I think DP as took us as far as he can and when it comes to the crunch he hasn't got the tactical brain. Hope he proves me wrong come the end of the season when it matters.Before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not calling for his head etc as he's done/doing a fantastic job for us I just think when it becomes a tactical game he gets out thought especially by Aston who as had his number for quite a while now.

sack the coach
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#30 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Whoops!

whooops indeed!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#31 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

If fax n batley win sunday 4 teams seperated by 1 point. Interesting.

Ps we can't beat em either!

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#32 Mustafa

Mustafa
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I am one of Fevs worse critics !! But to Fev were killed tonight by the Ref !!! Not one grapple tackle pulled up or offside against Eagles !!! Saying we were poor with ball in hand is fair enough but anyone with half a brain or has played the game knows skils levels drop when a team is tired and with the penalty count against Fev in the second half the Ref was by far a greater influence on the game than any player on the pitch !!!

#33 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I am one of Fevs worse critics !! But to Fev were killed tonight by the Ref !!! Not one grapple tackle pulled up or offside against Eagles !!! Saying we were poor with ball in hand is fair enough but anyone with half a brain or has played the game knows skils levels drop when a team is tired and with the penalty count against Fev in the second half the Ref was by far a greater influence on the game than any player on the pitch !!!

Nonsense, and you might be one of Fev's worst critics but you are clearly a Fev supporter. Tonight the best team won, and the referee did not change that!

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Nonsense, and you might be one of Fev's worst critics but you are clearly a Fev supporter. Tonight the best team won, and the referee did not change that!

As another neutral I agree. I thought the ref could have pulled BOTH teams up more for offside and there was as many grapple tackles by Fev players as there was by Eagles. I think one area you lost it was not having a big man in front of Yere who at one point just bundled Lamont Bryan out of the way so how a much smaller player was expected to stop him was silly.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

He penalised us out of sight.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 14 March 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Cummins Out.

#36 Mustafa

Mustafa
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Could you please tell me the penalty count ?? or explain how it is not possible to be offside for a full 80 mins ?? Oh and if you did watch the game look in the second half at how many times Sheff used the grapple tackle with their arms clearly around a Fev players neck without being penalised!!!
Darryl Powell was just a touch sarcastic when saying Sheff are by far the most discaplined team in the world !!!! Do you not think ???

#37 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

No!

#38 Mustafa

Mustafa
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Kieth it would have been nice to get 1 penalty for offside !!!! What do you think the penalty count was ?? Biggest factor in game was when he gave knock on against Fev when their player clearly kicked ball out of players hand 30 mins first half !!! Changed game on its head

#39 Mustafa

Mustafa
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

You have answered your own question it is impossible not to be offside at least once !!! And not to know penalty count and claim ref did not influence game is embarrassing !!!

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

You have answered your own question it is impossible not to be offside at least once !!! And not to know penalty count and claim ref did not influence game is embarrassing !!!

How embarrassing you mistook my answer to the wrong question. The difference is, you are clearly biased and I am not. Sheffield were the better team, they really were in my opinion. Whether you accept that or not I couldn't care less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users