Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield V Featherstone.Thurs14th March.7.30pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Sheffield To Win (10 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (21 votes [61.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.76%

3. Draw (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

To be fair gaz, what you've just posted is a bit different to this...

I do feel he is over rated mark but that isn't having a go at the lad. He's been put into the first team to make an impact and barring the dews game he hasn't made an impression on me yet. I personally don't rate him especially as a stand off. My head is spinning why our best playmaker sat most of the game on the bench.

#62 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think you're bang to rights gaz.
You post a bloody daft comment then when youre challenged you go quicker than tommy hodson in the opposite direction. You've done this shhh it loads of times. I guess you and your 16 mates didn't take up the wakey season ticket offer so we're saddled with your musings for at least another season?

Can you feel the love tonight......... :lol:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#63 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

You post a bloody daft comment then when youre challenged you go quicker than tommy hodson in the opposite direction. You've done this shhh it loads of times. I guess you and your 16 mates didn't take up the wakey season ticket offer so we're saddled with your musings for at least another season?

I've watched us for over twenty years robin and barring the newlove era this is the best I've seen us. But something isn't clicking for me when we entertain the big boys especially the eagles. I don't know what it is but I see another trophy less season for us yet again.

#64 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

But he keeps us entertained. ;) :D

There's plenty of post first, think later forum users about, same as in the real world where there are plenty of people you come across whose mouth is usually a step or two in from of their brain. Doesn't always mean any harm. ;)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#65 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

But he keeps us entertained. ;) :D

There's plenty of post first, think later forum users about, same as in the real world where there are plenty of people you come across whose mouth is usually a step or two in from of their brain. Doesn't always mean any harm. ;)

Spot on gaz I will admit I do over react when we lose maybe I'm a sore loser after us winning nearly every game 😄😄😄. But I believe kainy is our best playmaker along with Briggs but why was he sat on the bench for most of that game? That's what I can't get my head around. Our best 2 attacking options were on the bench more than on the field.

#66 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

After returning from the game and watching it again on my recording I have come to the conclusion that the game was played by two good sides who both made some mistakes and although Rovers gifted Sheffield with two tries we got ourselves into a winning position late in the game. This unfortunately was taken away from us by the man out there who probably was the worst perforfmer but had the most influence on the outcome of the result.So my vote for Man of the match goes to "Gareth Hewer"
If he is regarded as one of the better ones then dear oh dear.
M.J.Thornton

#67 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

This will be a hard game probably the hardest we will face all season. Aston seems to have DPs number at the minute as the eagles were the only team we didn't beat last season. I think the eagles will edge this one mainly because we are a few players light through injuries. So I'm going

Eagles 22 Fev 18

1st try hodson
Mom Kain
Att 750

Great prediction, only 4 points out.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#68 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

IBussey has had some good games in a Fev shirt I do agree he is not a 6 but was stand out at Dewsbury don't know if you went to that game Thundergaz

#69 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

IBussey has had some good games in a Fev shirt I do agree he is not a 6 but was stand out at Dewsbury don't know if you went to that game Thundergaz

I agree JT but that's the only game he as performed for me. I don't know he might turn out to be another Zak but at the minute he as yet to impress me. But that's just my opinion though.

#70 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Great prediction, only 4 points out.

I didn't want that to be the score line bill but Aston seems to have the edge over DP tactically and I just thought that's what would win the eagles the game. I got 1st try scorer right too 😛. Was the attendance anywhere near what I predicted? If so I'm doing the euro millions tonight 😄😄😄

#71 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

We were robbed blind in my opinion , they made many yards from inconsistant penalties than they were ever going to make past our great defensive effort pinning them in their own danger area.

Think they made more yards moving off the mark after the tackle than they did actually running.

Hewers a joke, he never changes. Cummins has a lot to answer for.

Cummins Out.

#72 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Team selection, Has Andy Kain done something wrong. Last week I could understand with Benny Kaye missing. But to put him on the bench when Benny is starting and Ellis is on the bench why put Andy there as well.. It seems as if Daryll is determined to play Bussey anywhere as long as he is on the field. I have no objection to him being in the 17 but it seems as if we have to have him at the start. We have seen him as second row and now stand off when we have players who in my humble opinion are better equiped to play in these positions. I wait with bated breath to be shot down or as usual have this thread now ignored.

Agree,Bazzer. Has not broken any pots IMO.

#73 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm not not knocking the lad robin as he's young and inexperienced I just think DP got the squad selection and tactics wrong last night like you say bussey isn't a 6 and I don't think he ever will be. We had probably our best playmaker sat on the bench while bussey played 6. I understand we have to try new things etc but surely not in a big game like last night was. I just think we have better players than the level bussey is at at the minute. I also feel we are playing too many players out of position and out of their comfort zones at the minute. Hopefully DP will prove me wrong when it really matters but I just feel when it becomes a tactical game he gets out thought especially against mr Aston who as had his number for quite a long time now.

Didnt we all hear such comments in the finals?. Our pack was tremendous throughout, but we appeared to lose our tactical heads in the support play.

#74 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

shocking!!! i think fev should be allowed to win every game. they allmost do ----------till it matters :lol:
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#75 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Team selection, Has Andy Kain done something wrong. Last week I could understand with Benny Kaye missing. But to put him on the bench when Benny is starting and Ellis is on the bench why put Andy there as well.. It seems as if Daryll is determined to play Bussey anywhere as long as he is on the field. I have no objection to him being in the 17 but it seems as if we have to have him at the start. We have seen him as second row and now stand off when we have players who in my humble opinion are better equiped to play in these positions. I wait with bated breath to be shot down or as usual have this thread now ignored.

I dont understand why Kain was on bench when Bussey has been used as a back rower all season.

Confusing night.

Cummins Out.

#76 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

shocking!!! i think fev should be allowed to win every game. they allmost do ----------till it matters :lol:

No criticism of the Sheffield lads. They used the right tactics and deserved the result. Annoying and frustrating to witness a championship team that appear to lose their way when it matters.

#77 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I am a Leyther first and foremost and I go to a lot of games as a neutral.

When you watch as a neutral you don't notice the ref as much but you do see the odd bad call but they usually even out over a game.

Last night me and my mates watched your game in the pub. We all agreed both sides were currently the best two in the Championship and that Sheffield deserved the win.

It is early in the season we all know you have more strength in depth when and if injuries bite.

My own team have not really performed to their potential let but I live in hope.

You lost a game big deal. Most teams do.

Edited by frankb, 15 March 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users