Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Coventry Bears

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Some great schemes launched by Coventry Bears this week, really making a good fist of preparing the club for life in the semi-pro ranks.

www.coventrybears.co.uk

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

You are going to have to be more specific. What schemes do you think are great?

#3 KEVVY

KEVVY
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Go the bears

#4 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Whatever happened to "Come on"? "Go" is American.

#5 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Whatever happened to "Come on"? "Go" is American.

Be a bit dangerous to "come on" a bear though.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#6 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

lol.....t'is rather vague!

#7 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Be a bit dangerous to "come on" a bear though.

A fair point, well made. :lol:

#8 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I would guess its the membership options. Nice professional looking website and getting people to be club members and buy season tickets is the way to get the necessary crowds in. With 12 months notice it's a chance, in fact it's a necessity, that the Bears take the opportunity to ramp up the publicity and get people down to watch them now. I think they'll do well at home and get a few wins in the NCL which will help hook people, if you can get them in in the first place.

I worry about the All Golds, who look like they will be the weakest team in the new CC1 - they haven't had time to build up a following and losing all the time won't help get people in.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#9 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I worry about the All Golds, who look like they will be the weakest team in the new CC1 - they haven't had time to build up a following and losing all the time won't help get people in.

Careful now you'll be labelled a fervent traditionalist! But you are right.

#10 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Careful now you'll be labelled a fervent traditionalist! But you are right.

Doesn't have to be a problem - Skolars are still here and I saw them absolutely demolished by Sheffield Eagles in 2003 (98-4 I think)
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#11 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Doesn't have to be a problem - Skolars are still here and I saw them absolutely demolished by Sheffield Eagles in 2003 (98-4 I think)

I agree but some folk like their labels.

#12 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

They came up to Wigan last weekend and got beat 34-28 off my local club Wigan St. Cuthberts who are now in their debut season in the National Confrence 3rd Division. Now ive watched Cuthberts for a good while now and they are an ok amateur team but that is it. They will struggle in their debut season in Division 3 so for the Bears to get beat of them isnt a good step i dont think. I went down and watched the game and for the bears sake i just hope they are able to recruit well because if they play like they did against Cuthberts, semi pro level is going to be a huge shock
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#13 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Membership Scheme
Lottery Scheme
Social Media and PR schemes

#14 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Very smart site
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#15 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,935 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

The bear logo is about 500 times better than the old Oldham one.

#16 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

They came up to Wigan last weekend and got beat 34-28 off my local club Wigan St. Cuthberts who are now in their debut season in the National Confrence 3rd Division. Now ive watched Cuthberts for a good while now and they are an ok amateur team but that is it. They will struggle in their debut season in Division 3 so for the Bears to get beat of them isnt a good step i dont think. I went down and watched the game and for the bears sake i just hope they are able to recruit well because if they play like they did against Cuthberts, semi pro level is going to be a huge shock

I doubt the team that took the field against WSC will be anything like the one that plays in C1 next year.

rldfsignature.jpg

#17 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I doubt the team that took the field against WSC will be anything like the one that plays in C1 next year.

They got a draw too 16-16 at the weekend up at Warrington against Crosfields who I think played either NCL 1 or 2 last year.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#18 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I saw Coventry a couple of times last year, as I saw Hemel a couple of times and they were very similar in standard. Coventry looked more of a 'footballing side', whereas Hemel were a bit of a 'blunt instrument', but if Hemel can step up, with another year to prepare there's no reason why Coventry can't.

Good luck to 'em.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#19 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Coventry suprised me when they played at North Wales Crusaders recently. Much better than I anticipated, but I don't know where all these new teams are going to get championship standard players from?

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I don't know where all these new teams are going to get championship standard players from?

Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Hertfordshire

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users