TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

early contenders for man of steel.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

mine is cory patterson of hull kr, superb ball playing second row who is also a proverbial man mountain, i've been really impressed by him so far....

and my young player contender is the lad who has been brilliant so far this season in every game he has played in both defence and attack,......joe mellor
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Liam Farrell?
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Brett Kearney.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

i've always been a fan of liam farrels since he was on dual reg with widnes...brilliant player.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

It's funny, as I never rated Farrell when he was with us..........
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#6 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Patterson is something else, isn't he? Apparently he'll be playing for Scotland in the WC. With him and Brough they'll be competitive.

#7 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Danny Brough is surely the leading contender at this early stage?

#8 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Sean O'Loughlin, been outstanding already this season.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#9 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

The Wigan captain, he is improving season on season and now epitomises the role of leader. Massive engine and does all the basic skills efficiently with no frills time and time again. He looks like a top class Aussie forward in his fitness, drive and skills. Modest, and a nice guy as well, his interview after the gutting defeat by Leeds in the play offs last season did him and the game credit.

#10 MikeTommo

MikeTommo
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I think Joel Moon will have a good shot at Man of Steal this year. He was amazing for us (Salford) last season. Now he's at Leeds he'll get the exposure from the fans and press. He'll put a load of scores on a plate for Hall this year if he stay's fit.

Patterson has also been brilliant from what I've seen of him. Always get the feeling that he will create something when he's got the ball which is amazing for a man of his size!

#11 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Have to agree with Danny brough and cory Patterson but with his move to fullback johny lomax is starting to hit some form, which can only be good for saints and England.

#12 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

O'Loughlin has been very good in all games this season, is consistent and is my bet for the award.
Patterson is playing well.
Brough can be brilliant when on form but can suffer from inconsistency.

As it's decided by the players at present I thionk they'd go for Lockers as many see him as a players player!

#13 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Liam farrell for me at the moment. But early days.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Kevin Sinfield :ph34r:

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Kevin Sinfield :ph34r:

Tut,tut,tut
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Tut,tut,tut

:D

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think Sinfield will win it. But that's for September, now, it's Brett Kearney and I'll stop my feet and go blue in the face until someone at least agrees with me! 8 tries in 6 games and pretty faultless at the back, both under the high ball and what is usually pretty shaky defence, is a great indicator.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Just thought i would put this little stat up for Liam Farrell i saw today, i think hes had an awesome start to the season.

"Liam Farrell has now gone 488 mins & 188 tackles since his last missed tackle in SuperLeague".

When he first came into the team i really didnt think he had these types of performencies in him, but proved me wrong. Hope he carries on like this.
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#19 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think Sinfield will win it. But that's for September, now, it's Brett Kearney and I'll stop my feet and go blue in the face until someone at least agrees with me! 8 tries in 6 games and pretty faultless at the back, both under the high ball and what is usually pretty shaky defence, is a great indicator.

Keep going.

[attachment=4023:Till Your Blue In The Face-M.jpg]
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Keep going.

[attachment=4023:Till Your Blue In The Face-M.jpg]

*thud*

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users