Knights v Keighley

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Have just been reading on Keighley forum , They have mixed views on sundays game ,Mostly win for Keighley though hhmm

Who will we have this week to choose from , Will March be dictating to ref or will he be watching from stand ?

Carnt remember the last time we took a win at cougar park , Will it be this weekend,

Am counting the days already

#2 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Have just been reading on Keighley forum , They have mixed views on sundays game ,Mostly win for Keighley though hhmm

Who will we have this week to choose from , Will March be dictating to ref or will he be watching from stand ?

Carnt remember the last time we took a win at cougar park , Will it be this weekend,

Am counting the days already

March wont be up before the R.L. till the following Tuesday, he's still a good player even if he is a gobby so and so, we will have to play like we did yesterday it's no good playing great one week and then playing like we did at Batley and Sheffield the next, a hard game.

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

They haven't won yet this season and I would really rather us not be the team they get that win over.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#4 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

i have been to all 3 away games and to be fair we have been C33P tried hard at sheffield after a pathetic start which has convinced me to go to Keighley WONT HOLD MY BREATH ON A PERFORMANCE THOUGH but if hs is a fortress we will stay up PS AND BEAT THAT LOT DOWN THE ROAD TWICE :D :D :D :D

#5 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

If we play like we did on Sunday no doubt we will win ! But if we don't turn up then we may struggle .

#6 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think it has to be a combination of playing like we did last Sunday and them playing like they did last Thursday. If that happens, we'll put 40 on em, otherwise it'll be a close call.

#7 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Can't expect a consistent performance each week when you can't get a consistent set of players together, no time to gel as a team
and Garry Thornton has the same opinion jugding by his comments in recent weeks (strange me saying i was not happy with the set up and got shot down from all angles,now looks like our coach isn't either) one wonders ?, and noticed no one berating our o.a.p. signing from Batley must have stronger bones than Kingy (knives ready )

ala

#8 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Can't expect a consistent performance each week when you can't get a consistent set of players together, no time to gel as a team
and Garry Thornton has the same opinion jugding by his comments in recent weeks (strange me saying i was not happy with the set up and got shot down from all angles,now looks like our coach isn't either) one wonders ?, and noticed no one berating our o.a.p. signing from Batley must have stronger bones than Kingy (knives ready )

ala

Eh?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#9 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

No doubt in my mind that we are in for one tough game at Cougar Park.They are hurting and will see next sunday as an ideal way for them to get off the mark.We need to make sure we are right on the ball.Couldnt get to the Sheffield game.Sounded on radio as though we would have been value for a bonus point at 28-14.Fell away badly in last 10 mins.We just simply cannot afford to do that in this league.Whitehaven away could have been a win,nothing in it for most of the game.Batley away,well 6-4down just before half time,then what look like a perfectly good ty chalked off.They go up the other end and score off a forward pass.Could have been 10-6 up,went in 18-4 down.Injuries galore in the Batley and Sheff games.So i dont think its been all doom and gloom away from home.Just need to try and get some sort of consistency going.Two massive away games now,we are more than capable of winning then Fev at home and Barrow away.So a couple of wins going into the Fev game would be rather nice.Heres hoping.Gone for a very tight 18-16 win against Cougars.Please,please,please
Posted Image

#10 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

No doubt in my mind that we are in for one tough game at Cougar Park.They are hurting and will see next sunday as an ideal way for them to get off the mark.We need to make sure we are right on the ball.Couldnt get to the Sheffield game.Sounded on radio as though we would have been value for a bonus point at 28-14.Fell away badly in last 10 mins.We just simply cannot afford to do that in this league.Whitehaven away could have been a win,nothing in it for most of the game.Batley away,well 6-4down just before half time,then what look like a perfectly good ty chalked off.They go up the other end and score off a forward pass.Could have been 10-6 up,went in 18-4 down.Injuries galore in the Batley and Sheff games.So i dont think its been all doom and gloom away from home.Just need to try and get some sort of consistency going.Two massive away games now,we are more than capable of winning then Fev at home and Barrow away.So a couple of wins going into the Fev game would be rather nice.Heres hoping.Gone for a very tight 18-16 win against Cougars.Please,please,please

Saw a few Donny games last season play fast pacy rugby will be no push overs a the Moat Brett, Waller going very well for them a couple of m.o.m awards so far this season, will be up for it against us me thinks.
ala

#11 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

More worried about the Hull FC outcome of having a prop & 2nd row up for fighting
before the RFL tonight I assume, also Heremaia having a rib cartilage popping out....

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

ala

You really are a glass half full kinda guy aren't you. Whats wrong with Craig Potter? He is exactly the type of player we need in the pack.
Posted Image

#13 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

ala

What's up with potter played well and gave us go forward . You have a big problem ala . Not getting any at home ????

#14 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

You really are a glass half full kinda guy aren't you. Whats wrong with Craig Potter? He is exactly the type of player we need in the pack.

NOT AT ALL
Absolutley nothing wrong with Potter excellent signing for me been calling out for an experienced prop for months, my comments
are directed at the hypocritcal many on here who condemed Paul King as an old over the hill brital boned prop, then we go and sign Potter 32 with less skill than King and hes the best thing since sliced bread, Potter will do a good job but then so would King .
ALA

#15 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

What's up with potter played well and gave us go forward . You have a big problem ala . Not getting any at home ????

WELL BADGER YOU ARE ANOTHER KETTLE OF FISH ?

ALA

#16 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

NOT AT ALL
Absolutley nothing wrong with Potter excellent signing for me been calling out for an experienced prop for months, my comments
are directed at the hypocritcal many on here who condemed Paul King as an old over the hill brital boned prop, then we go and sign Potter 32 with less skill than King and hes the best thing since sliced bread, Potter will do a good job but then so would King .
ALA

But Kingy didnt want to play for us and he's not fit, we only want players who want to play for the Knights and every one of the players who turned out for us on Sunday did, im more than happy with Potter.

#17 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

WELL BADGER YOU ARE ANOTHER KETTLE OF FISH ?

ALA

What the hell is up with you ???

Your so negative with everything you post .

#18 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Won't be many spare from Hull at this bl**dy rate:

Hull second rower Danny Tickle has also accepted a one-match ban for his part in the fighting
while team-mate Mark O'Meley will face a disciplinary hearing later today.
In other news, Hull FC will be without centre Kirk Yeaman for six weeks because the centre has
a broken thumb.

#19 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Won't be many spare from Hull at this bl**dy rate:

Hull second rower Danny Tickle has also accepted a one-match ban for his part in the fighting
while team-mate Mark O'Meley will face a disciplinary hearing later today.
In other news, Hull FC will be without centre Kirk Yeaman for six weeks because the centre has
a broken thumb.

Thats also 2 players suspended for Cas then who Keighley have their DR with, so kind of evens things out.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#20 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Referee for this one is Mr J Leahy.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users