RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Keighley

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Will the real York City Knights please turn up next Sunday?.

#42 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Well that was the biggest bag of ###### I've seen

#43 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

at least you live in york.........

Yeah, you said...

York were p*ss poor today, no excuses, just didn't bother strapping our boots on. It was almost as if the fix was in tbh, never seen anybody look that uninterested in anything they do.

Ref was almost as poor - home advantage is all well and good, but blatant cheating and dangerous play should be stamped on regardless of who does it. Shoulder charges are banned now, you'd think everyone would have had that memo, and tripping has never been allowed. Flopping, lying on, offsides, ripping, high tackles - what a sh*t game of Rugby it was.

Leahy was rubbish, York were rubbish, that bagguette with mystery meat and gravy was rubbish.

But at least we put more on Workington last week than Batley did today...

AND we live in York...

Edited by AndyHall, 17 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#44 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just got back. Having a beer and attempting to comprehend the utter Krap I have just witnessed.

Always enjoy the trip over to Keighley and today was no exception, but you would have been forgiven for thinking that the players were still pi££ed up after last weeks good win against a woeful Worky.

Talking of which, I would never have believed that only one week later this team could perform just like Town did, against a very determined but average Keighley side. Cos they were so desperate for that first win I didn't believe we would prevail today but felt quite confident that a bonus point was in the offing. How wrong can one be.

Listened to G.Ts comments on way home and was pleased to hear that not only was he embarrassed but had told the players so.

Made a big mistake pre-match when talking about past visits to Keighley, especially being privileged to support the brilliant 1981 York team. Today we never had one single player who was fit to lace most of that sides boots!

Need another beer!!!

#45 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, you said...

York were p*ss poor today, no excuses, just didn't bother strapping our boots on. It was almost as if the fix was in tbh, never seen anybody look that uninterested in anything they do.

Ref was almost as poor - home advantage is all well and good, but blatant cheating and dangerous play should be stamped on regardless of who does it. Shoulder charges are banned now, you'd think everyone would have had that memo, and tripping has never been allowed.

Leahy was rubbish, York were rubbish, that bagguette with mystery meat and gravy was rubbish.

But at least we put more on Workington last week than Batley did today...

AND we live in York...

Oh well you must be better than us then.

Tribalism aside, what happened today? I thought you would win today after last week, and I thought Keighley were really struggling. The wonder of sport I suppose.

#46 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

An utterly woeful performance ensured that York City Knights were brought back down to Earth with a heavy bump in a bitterly cold Keighley today.

A match report there if you want to read it. I won't be offended if you don't though.

I'm off to go and put more cotton wool in my ears to see if that will stop the bleeding...
Posted Image

#47 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Just the other week we were asking how to get more people through the gates, and I think the most important thing is consistency, something we are lacking in spades at the moment. It doesn't help when GT can't field the same seventeen from one week to the next, but that can't excuse the poor effort we saw today. We must put some consistent performances in to keep away from the bottom and get the crowds back.

#48 David

David
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

For the first time in many, many years, my friend and I left 10 minutes before the final whistle. We'll give the coach his due in that being interviewed on Radio York he said the performance was unacceptable.

#49 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

thats some consolation to being trounced by bottom of the table keithley and nilled :D ........considering Batley had 10 players out and only had 17 fit players I will take that score up there every day of the week thanks. I dont think you should be comparing us and you.....after the mauling already dished out to you...enjoy your relegation dogfight this season :lol:

Surely you'd have more fun giving Dewsbury supporters grief or something? We've been consistently poor for the past 8 years which hurts this loyal supporter a damn sight more than any supposed "banter" from some ###### hiding behind a username on an internet forum, so give it a rest eh?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights & Hunslet Hawks RLFC.

Official Player Sponsor of Danny Nicklas Ben Johnston for the 2013 season
alldesignandprint.co.uk

Linkedin

Twitter

#50 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

thats some consolation to being trounced by bottom of the table keithley and nilled :D ........considering Batley had 10 players out and only had 17 fit players I will take that score up there every day of the week thanks. I dont think you should be comparing us and you.....after the mauling already dished out to you...enjoy your relegation dogfight this season :lol:

You won up at Workington so you celebrate by winding up York fans?

Bit weird.
Posted Image

#51 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

For the first time in many, many years, my friend and I left 10 minutes before the final whistle. We'll give the coach his due in that being interviewed on Radio York he said the performance was unacceptable.

We saw you and John escaping David, and know full well that leaving early is out of character for you guys, but enough was enough and we also headed for the exit just before the hooter sounded. Its well worth repeating the old adage, " its not the losing, its how you lose".

Didn't make the bash last night but was just wondering what on earth Gary Smith and Geoff Pryce would have made of the York players " efforts" today, hope they weren't there. :o

#52 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've got to admit that score line came as a big shock today probably the biggest shock of the season so far. I feel sorry for you guys not just for losing but by the sound of it the York team didn't get off the bus. But after last weeks result I'm sure it was only a blip for you guys.

#53 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Just the other week we were asking how to get more people through the gates, and I think the most important thing is consistency, something we are lacking in spades at the moment. It doesn't help when GT can't field the same seventeen from one week to the next, but that can't excuse the poor effort we saw today. We must put some consistent performances in to keep away from the bottom and get the crowds back.

Same thing I said to GT in interview after the game... and he agrees..

#54 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I've got to admit that score line came as a big shock today probably the biggest shock of the season so far. I feel sorry for you guys not just for losing but by the sound of it the York team didn't get off the bus. But after last weeks result I'm sure it was only a blip for you guys.

We hope so, Gaz. Thank God I had the perpetually entertaining and knowledgeable Mr Ford alongside to keep me sane after watching that..

#55 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Gaz,

I hope you are right, however think there will be a few tough weeks ahead, we never quite seem to have that grittiness that others have to dig deep, we knew Cougars were desperate and would be tough yet appears we stayed on the bus today. Same old York put in a great showing one week then sh&&e the next, so frustrating for all concerned. Not sure what GT will do to turn it round, at very least we need BPs. Donny away won't be easy either then you lot.
Posted Image

#56 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

We hope so, Gaz. Thank God I had the perpetually entertaining and knowledgeable Mr Ford alongside to keep me sane after watching that..

Wish Fordy had been on the pitch, in fact after seeing Keith Senior last night think he would still do a job as well, very comical guy with a real passion for the game, him and Fordy at 3 & 4, yes please.
Posted Image

#57 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Gaz,

I hope you are right, however think there will be a few tough weeks ahead, we never quite seem to have that grittiness that others have to dig deep, we knew Cougars were desperate and would be tough yet appears we stayed on the bus today. Same old York put in a great showing one week then sh&&e the next, so frustrating for all concerned. Not sure what GT will do to turn it round, at very least we need BPs. Donny away won't be easy either then you lot.

I think you guys will be safe come the end of the season andy. Your home form seems very good over the last month and as long as that continues I'm sure you will be playing in this comp next season. Home form for the so called lower teams in our league will determine whether you stay up or go down and I think at the moment you have one of the best home forms of the teams you are competing against to remain in this league. Yes you have us coming up soon but playing us won't effect your season in anyway and with a bit of luck you might get a bonus point from our visit.At least you haven't got us next weekend when I think we will be looking to right a few wrongs from Thursday night so I fear the worst for town.

Edited by thundergaz, 17 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#58 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

i have been to all 3 away games and to be fair we have been C33P tried hard at sheffield after a pathetic start which has convinced me to go to Keighley WONT HOLD MY BREATH ON A PERFORMANCE THOUGH but if hs is a fortress we will stay up PS AND BEAT THAT LOT DOWN THE ROAD TWICE :D :D :D :D

i told you we are appauling away from home but that was even worse no more for me away spend my hard earned pension in the boozer

#59 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Worst performance of the season, thought Keighley were pretty average, but did the
basics very well. Too much trying to get the ball wide from a standing start after basically
very little or no go forward.

Won't mention individuals, but think there's room for Brining off the bench to add some
urgency at the play the ball & give some tough tackling down the middle next week.

#60 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

We saw you and John escaping David, and know full well that leaving early is out of character for you guys, but enough was enough and we also headed for the exit just before the hooter sounded. Its well worth repeating the old adage, " its not the losing, its how you lose".

Didn't make the bash last night but was just wondering what on earth Gary Smith and Geoff Pryce would have made of the York players " efforts" today, hope they weren't there. :o

geoff was there today pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users