Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Where was George Elliot

Out with groin injury

#63 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Ref was almost as poor - home advantage is all well and good, but blatant cheating and dangerous play should be stamped on regardless of who does it. Shoulder charges are banned now, you'd think everyone would have had that memo, and tripping has never been allowed. Flopping, lying on, offsides, ripping, high tackles - what a sh*t game of Rugby it was.

I take it the ref never gave a penalty to York?

#64 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

geoff was there today pete

Bluddy hell, hope the club treated him, after the euphoria of the previous evening it must have been like watching a plank warp!

Like the rest of us, Geoff might consider sueing the players under Trade Descriptions, we all presumed we were paying to see a match between two similar sides.

#65 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, you said...

York were p*ss poor today, no excuses, just didn't bother strapping our boots on. It was almost as if the fix was in tbh, never seen anybody look that uninterested in anything they do.

Ref was almost as poor - home advantage is all well and good, but blatant cheating and dangerous play should be stamped on regardless of who does it. Shoulder charges are banned now, you'd think everyone would have had that memo, and tripping has never been allowed. Flopping, lying on, offsides, ripping, high tackles - what a sh*t game of Rugby it was.

Leahy was rubbish, York were rubbish, that bagguette with mystery meat and gravy was rubbish.

But at least we put more on Workington last week than Batley did today...

AND we live in York...

It certainly was, for the reasons you give plus I didn't think we saw all that much skill from either side, ultimately an average team beat a very poor team.

Also thought the Knights were fortunate that Marchy left the game quite early, in the second half think he would have settled his side who were at times very impatient to score mixed with some terrible handling. If Marchy had been there to scheme and steady the ship, and IF we had taken a couple of half chances the score might have been something like 52 - 12. But still a million miles from a bonus point.

#66 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

It certainly was, for the reasons you give plus I didn't think we saw all that much skill from either side, ultimately an average team beat a very poor team.

Also thought the Knights were fortunate that Marchy left the game quite early, in the second half think he would have settled his side who were at times very impatient to score mixed with some terrible handling. If Marchy had been there to scheme and steady the ship, and IF we had taken a couple of half chances the score might have been something like 52 - 12. But still a million miles from a bonus point.

I thought Keighley actually played much better when March went off if I'm honest.
Posted Image

#67 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I thought Keighley actually played much better when March went off if I'm honest.

We'll have to agree to differ on that one Gav. Danny Jones was allowed to do as he liked by our inept aces but at times I still thought that Keighley were racing around like headless chickens in the second half only managing to score 16 pts in the process. Going down the slope I believe a half decent side would have been able to claw back much of the first half deficit and gain at least a bonus point.

Talking of Marchy, just had a laugh reading the League Weekly, in which P.M. is claiming mistaken identity in using foul and abusive language to the official. Nice one Paul!

#68 MICKY1920

MICKY1920
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Visit my Rugby Video highlights page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920

#69 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Not even going to watch that. Wasted enough of my life seeing it live on Sunday.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#70 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

me to still fuming about it wont be doing anymore away games exept that lot down the road an i get that p33333d i never know the result

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users