TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Anyone any ideas as we need to put it to bed and start concentrating on winning games. We don't half like dragging our feet at this club.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Maybe Wednesday. ...

wayne

#3 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Ok I wait with baited breath

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#4 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

I was also told by someone yesterday at Halifax it would be Wednesday too.

#5 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Cool

Edmund Burke

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

So who do you want it to be?

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Surely it will be Ian Watson..By all accounts the team has played well since he has taken charge.

#8 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

As much as I love him I don't think Watto at this moment. I would prefer a nailed on coach with modern tactics and a big personality who can not only do a job on the field but also influence the council to show our ambition off it too!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#9 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Tim Street. you heard it here first.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Good grief Barney, this isn't Prizefighter!

#11 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

I too don't think Watto at this crucial moment even though he has galvanised the side well in the interim I am also of the opinion that we need a proven coach at what will be a very important time for us. We will need Watto to be able to take more of a back seat with not as much off field responsibility as a head coach would have to ensure we can move onwards and upwards. P.S I'm hoping for Paul Cullen.:)

Edited by TIM THE LION, 12 March 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Edmund Burke

#12 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I do however think he will be an excellent head coach in the near future though, hopefully for us!

Edmund Burke

#13 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Watto seems to be rejuvenated this season and I would like him to see it out on the field. He's Blue, through and through and would be an excellent choice for the future, learning all he can whilst staying with us if possible.

Paul Cullen? He has a wealth of experience and close links to Warrington so he would be instantly called "Tony Smith's puppet" so I'm not too sure about him + he seems to have a language all of his own on TV. He is no doubt full of fight, as I once witnessed when he and Ellery Hanley were sent off and continued their exchange of gifts in the tunnel!

Brian Noble? Must have other means of financial support inc TV punditry so he may take the job on a part time basis similar to Steve Mc but would he want to bother? Les pressure than the Salford job!

Bobby Goulding? I listened to his interview on Talk Sport and he definitely believes in himself even after his own issues hopefully have been resolved.

I am on the edge of my seat..........I hope I don't fall off!

#14 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

My vote would go to Ian Watson. He fully deserves to be given his baptism in the coach's role for the Lions.

#15 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

My vote would go to Ian Watson. He fully deserves to be given his baptism in the coach's role for the Lions.

You just secretly hope its an Australian coach Keith!

#16 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Not trying to make mischief but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from Warrington .Swinton seem to have embraced the dual registration more than any other club so it would be a logical step.

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

You just secretly hope its an Australian coach Keith!

G'day Bruce, how did you guess?

#18 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Anyone any ideas as we need to put it to bed and start concentrating on winning games. We don't half like dragging our feet at this club.

Just after the new stadium opens
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#19 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Not trying to make mischief but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from Warrington .Swinton seem to have embraced the dual registration more than any other club so it would be a logical step.

I agree, I don't think it'll be someone from Warrington. Watto/Marlon would be my shout.

#20 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Seeing Tim Street yesterday in Swinton convinced me it must be him. why else would he be walking past Wilkinsons smiling. unless Marshy has bagged himself a new customer. ;-)
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users