TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 OneKing

OneKing
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Watto/Marlon with Cullen in advisory role (I hope not! )

#22 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

I agree with whats been said about Watto, id love to see him manage Swinton in the future, but I think definitely for this season we need him fully focused on the field. Who do I think it will be? Richard Marshall. Who do I want it to be? Cullen/Goulding.

No disrespect to Marshall, as he had a good couple of seasons with us and no doubt has all his coaching badges, but I dont think he would bring anything to the side that Watto/Marlon can't. I think we need an established personality for us to improve on what we have already.

Edited by Furryenzo, 12 March 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#23 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Not trying to make mischief but I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't someone from Warrington .Swinton seem to have embraced the dual registration more than any other club so it would be a logical step.

I agree Dave I think a link with Warrington would be a logical step. I think Watto would be a good one for the heart and the fans would react well but I think he should concentrate playing on the pitch this season. I think he would certainly get a chance in the near future if he gained even more experience in the assistant role.
The problem I can see with the logical step is that it would add fuel to the fire of some of the people on this forum and I would have to avoid reading a number of posts from the anti-"use the rules to your advantage" moralist faction!!!.....then again when did the logical decision ever make people popular! I don't want our Board of Directors to be popular, just backing a winning team.

#24 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

So it's win at all costs for you then Paul?

#25 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

A win at all cost situation is far better than a lose at all cost one don't you agree.?

#26 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Anyhow it looks like the final decision has yet to be made reading the latest statement from the club updating us on the coaching position.

#27 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Definitely not, but winning is one of the main priorities isn't it? That's what professional sport is about and I expect the Board to have a great say in that. If you are a winning club and can combine that with attracting bigger crowds that will allow you to develop the game in the local area and bring on local players etc then wouldn't that be fantastic!
I think we've all probably established the ideal scenario is a squad of home grown Swinton players coached by a local hero, playing at a ground in M27 with crowds of 10,000+, playing exciting, flowing rugby with coaching staff going into local schools to help develop and spot talent to play for Swinton Lions. So much so that every fan is so happy that they all agree on everything that the club, coaches and players do.....
but we all know that that's not going to all happen (not soon anyway) so we just have to hope we can get there bit by bit. A winning team is one of the many pieces of the great jelly jigsaw of rugby league. :rolleyes:

#28 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Anyhow it looks like the final decision has yet to be made reading the latest statement from the club updating us on the coaching position.

Perhaps PhillH's application has only just been spotted at the bottom of the post sack! :D

#29 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Maybe we'll find out on thursday........lol

Wayne

#30 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Paul Cullen on Boots n All.......is that new haircut for a job interview?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#31 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

I hope for Paul Cullen, that would be a good signing for me.

I really hope its not a up and coming academy coach from warrington who no one as heard of.

#32 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Great interview with Bobbie Goulding on Radio Manchester,Interesting to hear his views on dual registration and the damage it's doing to our game.Some very forthright opinions as well as his thoughts on why Steve McCormack left us.I think the interview is available as a podcast on the Radio Manchester website from 10pm,well worth a listen.

#33 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Great interview with Bobbie Goulding on Radio Manchester,Interesting to hear his views on dual registration and the damage it's doing to our game.Some very forthright opinions as well as his thoughts on why Steve McCormack left us.I think the interview is available as a podcast on the Radio Manchester website from 10pm,well worth a listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p015lw3r
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#34 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have just listned to radio Manchester ( thank you Phil for your guest appearance in posting the link) I have to say I felt that whilst you have to admire the fact that Goulding is still here and with luck has his life back on track, that was an hour of him advertising himself for a job.
I still wouldn't take a risk on him since sadly alcoholics remain just that and are prone to slipping back off the straight and narrow, Paul Gasgoine the classic example along with a few more.

He is entitled to his opinion on DR and that will be down to the RL to decide what they do for next season..the lack of any ammendments so far suggest they are happy with the situation.

Good luck to Bobby Goulding and from what it seems his heart is set on the Salford job so lets hope he gets his wish to coach them.

#35 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

I think his heart is set on a job within Rugby League full stop Al.The RFL have stated that they will review the situation at the end of the season which isn't the same as saying they are happy with it.They are a laughing stock as it is,to implement further legislation at this stage would only damage the credibility of the game even further.

#36 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well iv just listened to the Bobby Goulding advertising hour! Firstly well done to him for getting his life back on track off the field but hes got to slow down a touch, he openly says hes the best man for the Salford job (or any other job) which right now he clearly isn't.

As for his view on SM reasons for leaving us, he should not be saying it on radio, SM as stated his reasons and thats that. But if he did quit because of the DR system then I think he should come out and say so, its not a dig at swimton but it would show the rfl that respected coach doesn't think it works.

Ps... WHOS OUR NEW COACH!!

Wayne

#37 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Oh my god COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!
WHO IS IT FFS.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#38 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

No white smoke from the chimney yet ?

#39 Tess

Tess
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Can't believe I've been looking regularly all day and nothing!
I bet it'll be Monday now...... But which Monday? Who knows...?
Fed up.com
Posted ImageScorecast Champion 2005!!

Come on You Lions!!

#40 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Same here, battery going now so they are bound to announce it! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users