Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Was talking to a 'little bird' this afternoon who said the new coach is to be Gary Chambers, a member of Warrington's 'performance team'.

#42 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Are they still interviewing?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#43 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

The office is empty. cannot be today. might get a pitch side announcement on Sunday.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#44 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Was talking to a 'little bird' this afternoon who said the new coach is to be Gary Chambers, a member of Warrington's 'performance team'.

Knock, knock, anybody home? the new coach will be Gary Chambers, repeat, Gary Chambers.
Does anybody know anything about him?

#45 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Before anyone starts jumping for joy or in anger we would need to know how you know this Keith?

#46 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think its the worst kept secret in RL to be honest. I'll give the guy a chance. lets face it its an improvement on some of our previous coaches lol
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#47 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Knock, knock, anybody home? the new coach will be Gary Chambers, repeat, Gary Chambers.
Does anybody know anything about him?

Former Warrington player, was a prop forward. Cumbrian born.

Had a stint coaching the Cumbrian county side.

Been Under 18s coach at Warrington for quite a while.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#48 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I think its the worst kept secret in RL to be honest. I'll give the guy a chance. lets face it its an improvement on some of our previous coaches lol

....and he will know the younger players in our squad very well. How do you know this Barney?

#49 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I have to say that if it is him I'm not impressed.

However I'll still be there on Sunday and will relish him taking the opportunity to prove me wrong.

#50 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

To be fair I have heard the same rumour a couple of days ago. There is to much smoke about this appointment. If it is true this warrington link up is a joke, the quality of people who have applied for the job and he as got it.

Give it Watson he has said in the advertiser he wants the job and we give it him (a under 18's coach ) what an embarrasment we are has a club, to me this shows Johns amibtion as a chairman, I will be attending sunday for the last time to personally give him my season ticket and shove it up his wire ######.

Sorry folks 25 years and it is the end for me, I can not take any of this ###### anymore. The club is a total joke.

#51 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

How do we know it's him?

If it is, it's a ridiculous appointment. Having the Warrington lads in the squad will benefit the team on the pitch IMO. Having a Warrington youth team coach is not of any benefit to the club I love.

I'll wait and see what's announced, in the hope that this isn't true and that it's a manager that wants to take SWINTON forward, just as Steve Mac did.

#52 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Before anyone starts jumping for joy or in anger we would need to know how you know this Keith?

How do I know? Like I said, a 'little bird' told me. Come on, do I have to draw you a picture? Draw your own conclusions.

#53 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

you will do for me Blue Monkey

Very sad day for this historic and wonderfull club.

Edited by greengrass, 15 March 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#54 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

How do I know? Like I said, a 'little bird' told me. Come on, do I have to draw you a picture? Draw your own conclusions.

Kylie Minogue told you? I thought you hated all things Australian?

My conclusions drawn would be...we've had 8 people apply for the job and I find it highly unlikely (Watto being at least 1) that all 8 work for or are affiliated with Warrington. And so, I find it difficult to believe we'd choose him. As I say, a poor appointment if it's true.

#55 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

How do we know it's him?

Look, just take it from me, the source of my information is VERY reliable, so much so, that it's virtually from the 'horse's mouth' as they say. I just don't want to drop a certain someone ('little bird') into the proverbial pile of manure.
The club needs to confirm this asap.

#56 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

You're right there. Announcement needed ASAP.

#57 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I have to say I heard this rumour on Monday so maybe with no announcement being made that they have had a rethink?

#58 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

If a decision has been made I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have been announced.

#59 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

And I hope you're right Duffy!

#60 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

To be honest seems a perfectly logical appointment to me.He will have first hand knowledge of most of the players as he will have coached them .He will also know the other Wire juniors coming through ready for when they become Wolves in Lions clothing next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users