Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

I agree with Barnie, if it is true then firstly let's see what the terms are in which he has joined and secondly...give the bloke a chance. What will people do if we become a top side under him.

#62 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

One of the reasons I was behind the partnership was because Steve Mac was behind it. With a Warrington coach in charge, basically looking to progress the Wolves youngsters and not Swinton Lions, I'm not sure I agree with that at all. I want an independant Swinton Lions coach, I personally don't care at all about Warrington (other than when they smash Salford).

#63 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Just another nail in the coffin for our once great club, their even dual registrating the coach now, we are now just a warrington reserve side in all but name "ITS A COMPLETE JOKE" i agree with what greengrass posted. On another note I thought it was rather telling in the bobbie goulding interview on GMR that he felt sure steve mac's reason for leaving was more to do with ridiculous dr system in place than anything else

#64 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Speculation, speculation, speculation!!!!!!
When the club release its decision then it is so. Nailing the bloke up now is disgraceful. Will he be dual reg or purely Lions coach? We don't know.
Lets see who it is and why first!!!!"
And if the club is reading this.......tell us now and stop this shilly shallying about!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#65 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just another nail in the coffin for our once great club, their even dual registrating the coach now, we are now just a warrington reserve side in all but name "ITS A COMPLETE JOKE" i agree with what greengrass posted. On another note I thought it was rather telling in the bobbie goulding interview on GMR that he felt sure steve mac's reason for leaving was more to do with ridiculous dr system in place than anything else

I can accept a post from Greengrass as he actually attends, but from you it is laughable.
When was the last time you actually turned up to a game...the 12th of never.
As for Steve Mac, have you spoke to him...no,did Bobby Goulding say he had spoken to him...no so yet again your on here trying to be the sensationalist as usual.
I understand there is a spare seat waiting for you at Leigh.!

#66 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I can accept a post from Greengrass as he actually attends, but from you it is laughable.
When was the last time you actually turned up to a game...the 12th of never.
As for Steve Mac, have you spoke to him...no,did Bobby Goulding say he had spoken to him...no so yet again your on here trying to be the sensationalist as usual.
I understand there is a spare seat waiting for you at Leigh.!

got to love the keyboard warriors Marshy. lol
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#67 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Bobby Goulding wouldn't come out with any other statement than a contentious one
If he just came on being agreeable he wouldn't be making a name for himself or raising his profile
His opinions count for little to me...in fact I switched the interview iff quite quickly. ..him and jack dearden...what hard work they are

The club really do need to let us know . The match tomorrow is a must win
Lets hope behind the scenes is more in order than our media output!

Edited by mark richardson, 16 March 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#68 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Have to say I'm surprised but also encouraged by the reaction of regular forum contributors to this speculation.

It had seemed to me that virtually everyone else was perfectly happy with the way the club had pushed the limits of partnering to the absolute maximum. Now it seems if this appointment were to be confirmed, it would be a step too far for most.

Good on you, chaps. I have asked before - if Swinton Lions isn't to become a full blown feeder club - "Where would you draw the line?". It seems this speculation has given an answer.

Will be interesting now to see whether John and Paul Kidd go through with it or not.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#69 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

My view is that if it wasn't Watty and Marlon then it should be a big name established coach
If its a reserve coach from Warrington then I wonder and worry about their position at the club

If you think that any I ,and possibly many of the people with whom you have locked horns , were entirely happy with everything then as I have said many times before you are misunderstanding my stand point

#70 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Have to say I'm surprised but also encouraged by the reaction of regular forum contributors to this speculation.

It had seemed to me that virtually everyone else was perfectly happy with the way the club had pushed the limits of partnering to the absolute maximum. Now it seems if this appointment were to be confirmed, it would be a step too far for most.

Good on you, chaps. I have asked before - if Swinton Lions isn't to become a full blown feeder club - "Where would you draw the line?". It seems this speculation has given an answer.

Will be interesting now to see whether John and Paul Kidd go through with it or not.

I was wondering at what point you would reappear, bet you have been shaking with excitement at this bit of speculation.
Have you solved Leigh's money troubles for them now and are a little bored.

#71 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

My view is that if it wasn't Watty and Marlon then it should be a big name established coach
If its a reserve coach from Warrington then I wonder and worry about their position at the club

If you think that any I ,and possibly many of the people with whom you have locked horns , were entirely happy with everything then as I have said many times before you are misunderstanding my stand point

To me the writing was on the wall when the team selection for the Workington match was announced.

Appointment of Gary Chambers, should it happen, would only be inkeeping with the overall vision that is emerging; one where Swinton Lions is so firmly under the wing of Warrington Wolves that any claim to having an independent existance is tenuous.

For me its the overall vision that is totally flawed and this appointment would be just one more manifestation of it.

You cannot have access to these players in this way without a knock on effect for the nature of the coaching position. Steve McCormack realised that.

#72 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

I really hope, as Mark says, that we either use our own loyal, proven staff or we get the biggest most experienced name affordable. If the latter then Watto can be mentored on the finer points of the coaching system and gain hopefully invaluable knowledge.
I too feel Phillh has misread the feeling of a lot if us. I love this club and have been brought up from pretty much birth following them. I would not feel the same if they disappeared from view as a separate entity. I don't mind the dr system if its nailed down better but I definitely don't want to be a pure feeder club for anyone!
Please think carefully about the appointment and any strings attached!!!

#73 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

I was wondering at what point you would reappear, bet you have been shaking with excitement at this bit of speculation.
Have you solved Leigh's money troubles for them now and are a little bored.

At least one good thing is that Swinton Lions are helping solve Leigh's money troubles by paying rent at LSV. The only feasible risk to that income stream in the near term being the threat of Swinton Lions taking another step closer to Warrington Wolves nand relocating not to Agecroft but to the Halliwell Jones.

So there is a huge irony whenever you invite me to "trot off to Leigh" - would have to do so anyway to watch a Swinton Lions "home" match

The worrying thing is that I suspect John and Paul Kidd have an equally dismissive attitude towards the support base as you portray on here. It is poor business to ignore the wishes of your potential customers. It is even worse business to have long established customers turning away.

And then Paul Kidd goes moralising in the paper on the topic of low attendances! If he doesn't want to listen, and has shown total lack of initiative to act on previous suggestions, why ask the question?

#74 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

At least one good thing is that Swinton Lions are helping solve Leigh's money troubles by paying rent at LSV. The only feasible risk to that income stream in the near term being the threat of Swinton Lions taking another step closer to Warrington Wolves nand relocating not to Agecroft but to the Halliwell Jones.

So there is a huge irony whenever you invite me to "trot off to Leigh" - would have to do so anyway to watch a Swinton Lions "home" match

The worrying thing is that I suspect John and Paul Kidd have an equally dismissive attitude towards the support base as you portray on here. It is poor business to ignore the wishes of your potential customers. It is even worse business to have long established customers turning away.

And then Paul Kidd goes moralising in the paper on the topic of low attendances! If he doesn't want to listen, and has shown total lack of initiative to act on previous suggestions, why ask the question?

Phillh, another thread hijacked with your pathetic whining, superior diatribe. Whenever I feel you may have a point you immediately surprise me with a literary suicide bombing. If you had been a disciple guess who you would have been??

Spend the silver wisely.

#75 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Still think it will be Paul Cullen as caretaker.

#76 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Oh Phil even you must know Swinton pay Leigh nothing, we may well rent from the LSV company.

#77 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Just going to put this out there, but could it be that the club have planned to leak this information in order to provoke a reaction from us? And then make an actual decision based on said reaction?
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#78 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Just going to put this out there, but could it be that the club have planned to leak this information in order to provoke a reaction from us? And then make an actual decision based on said reaction?

Cripes! Do you think we're being reverse psychologied!! ......or are they going to reverse reverse psychology us! ....and there was gullible me thinking that it was the usual indecision ;-)

#79 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Cripes! Do you think we're being reverse psychologied!! ......or are they going to reverse reverse psychology us! ....and there was gullible me thinking that it was the usual indecision ;-)

Haha perhaps im over-estimating our wise leaders. I think id just like to think that someone in the meeting regarding the decision said "seen as there are a lot of fans unhappy with the Warrington connection, maybe we should see what they think."

Id also like to think that there is some kind of masterplan behind all of the controversy this season, i.e. its all a temporary cost cutting measure to allow for the necessary funds to finally get the agecroft project in motion.

However, my faith in the running of this club was lost along time ago, and although I appreciate that without the Kidd's we would not have a club to support, I believe that I could run this club a hundred times better myself if I was deaf, blind and dumb.
Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#80 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I would call myself an optimist. but stone the crows, even i wouldnt think they had the intellectual nouse to come up with a plan like that. To me that sounds like one hell of a gamble. i may be wrong but perhaps JK has got fed up of funding the club. the only way he will get some money back is to palm the club off to wire. or maybe even the purse is empty. who knows.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users