League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#81 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Phillh, another thread hijacked with your pathetic whining, superior diatribe. Whenever I feel you may have a point you immediately surprise me with a literary suicide bombing. If you had been a disciple guess who you would have been??

Spend the silver wisely.

The sale of Station Road and quite a few other big errors that have taken the club to its current day position amply demonstrate those in charge don't always get it right. It was only a last minute protest that prevented John making the mistake of taking the club to Darwen - presumably you're glad that 'whinge' happened, no?

The heart of the club ought to rest not in the boardroom, but with the supporters. If the majority of supporters don't want to resist a steady evolution to become Warrington's feeder club, what's the point?

Its a prospect that I personally find deeply depressing, but thankful that the speculated appointment of Gary Chambers has at last provoked a reaction.

While the speculation has done this, we should not pretend that appointment of a different person would mean the underlying problem is solved. What matters is that whomever has the Swinton Lions coaching position has total authority over team selection and his only priority should be to take Swinton Lions forwards on the field.

No coach of Swinton Lions should have to balance that responsibility with developing young Warrington players, be that Steve McCormack, Gary Chambers, Ian Watson or Uncle Tom Cobbley.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#82 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

The sale of Station Road and quite a few other big errors that have taken the club to its current day position amply demonstrate those in charge don't always get it right. It was only a last minute protest that prevented John making the mistake of taking the club to Darwen - presumably you're glad that 'whinge' happened, no?

The heart of the club ought to rest not in the boardroom, but with the supporters. If the majority of supporters don't want to resist a steady evolution to become Warrington's feeder club, what's the point?

Its a prospect that I personally find deeply depressing, but thankful that the speculated appointment of Gary Chambers has at last provoked a reaction.

While the speculation has done this, we should not pretend that appointment of a different person would mean the underlying problem is solved. What matters is that whomever has the Swinton Lions coaching position has total authority over team selection and his only priority should be to take Swinton Lions forwards on the field.

No coach of Swinton Lions should have to balance that responsibility with developing young Warrington players, be that Steve McCormack, Gary Chambers, Ian Watson or Uncle Tom Cobbley.

. Agree with this two hundred percent!

#83 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yeah its all well and good
It is still a csse of stating the bloomin obvious
I find no development in this oft repeated argument

And as for the majority being agsinst DR...WHO SAYS?

#84 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

The fans,look at the attendances in the league

#85 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

The fans,look at the attendances in the league

Eh?

#86 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Despite much of what you say making some sense, how can you come on here with such a post when your withdrawal of support both in in person and financial causes as the club as much trouble as any of what you have put.

#87 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

This is getting quite crazy now. How can they say we'll know in 48hrs and here we are 5 days later and all we have is definite speculation. If anyone is nailed on for the job then what's the hold up? Is it that they needed to check references?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#88 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Despite much of what you say making some sense, how can you come on here with such a post when your withdrawal of support both in in person and financial causes as the club as much trouble as any of what you have put.

Cart before the horse there, Alan.

The instigator is poor management - that is what's damaged the brand of Swinton Lions, which in turn has led to chronically low attendances. Our crime as supporters over the years, if there is one, is that we have given several rogues far too much rope to wreak their damage.

Nobody is obligated to give the club unconditional support. People's support is there to be earned. But to do so, the club has to chime with people and offer something people want.

To reach this point the remaining supporters have already put up with one hell of a lot of turmoil, a 20 year identity crisis, precious little success and a nomadic existance. Nobody could reasonably be blamed for losing interest in such circumstances - people's loyalty has been very severely tested.

Personally I've reached a point where I don't want to watch a team in Swinton Lions shirts that everyone knows in their heart-of-hearts is made up of 50% Warrington players. Its upsetting to witness, so I'd rather not do it. Especially not the spectacle of the likes of Wood, McCarthy and Bridge walking into the side for a game "here and there" as nothing more than a means of keeping fit for Warrington - its an insult to the heritage of Swinton Lions. There ought to be more substance to Swinton Lions than being a glorified Warrington reserve team.

Paul Kidd predicted that having Warrington first teamers in the Swinton side would be great for attendances. I think its clear, with only 460-odd reportedly there yesterday, that he has misjudged that one rather badly. Where is the realistic vision to build Swinton Lions up in its own right?

Paul and John have said a lot of things about Agecroft since the front page splash on the Advertiser in May 2006, the latest being that planning permission for Agecroft would be submitted in mid-January. We're now in mid-March, and guess what? Delivery on that front thus far is sadly no better than what Malcolm White gave us. There is no tangible crumb of comfort to cling too, just more promises that follow on from lots of other promises that have not been followed by any actions.

If we don't want to follow in Bramley's footsteps with Leeds and end up as Warrington Lions playing at the Halliwell Jones, supporters need to show some of the collective backbone they did back in 2008 when the Darwen move was mooted. Else there is a very real danger of sleep walking step by step into total oblivion. At some point the signal needs to go to the top - this is a step too far.

#89 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

You says, by the looks. I certainly didn't.

#90 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Cart before the horse there, Alan.

The instigator is poor management - that is what's damaged the brand of Swinton Lions, which in turn has led to chronically low attendances. Our crime as supporters over the years, if there is one, is that we have given several rogues far too much rope to wreak their damage.

Nobody is obligated to give the club unconditional support. People's support is there to be earned. But to do so, the club has to chime with people and offer something people want.

To reach this point the remaining supporters have already put up with one hell of a lot of turmoil, a 20 year identity crisis, precious little success and a nomadic existance. Nobody could reasonably be blamed for losing interest in such circumstances - people's loyalty has been very severely tested.

Personally I've reached a point where I don't want to watch a team in Swinton Lions shirts that everyone knows in their heart-of-hearts is made up of 50% Warrington players. Its upsetting to witness, so I'd rather not do it. Especially not the spectacle of the likes of Wood, McCarthy and Bridge walking into the side for a game "here and there" as nothing more than a means of keeping fit for Warrington - its an insult to the heritage of Swinton Lions. There ought to be more substance to Swinton Lions than being a glorified Warrington reserve team.

Paul Kidd predicted that having Warrington first teamers in the Swinton side would be great for attendances. I think its clear, with only 460-odd reportedly there yesterday, that he has misjudged that one rather badly. Where is the realistic vision to build Swinton Lions up in its own right?

Paul and John have said a lot of things about Agecroft since the front page splash on the Advertiser in May 2006, the latest being that planning permission for Agecroft would be submitted in mid-January. We're now in mid-March, and guess what? Delivery on that front thus far is sadly no better than what Malcolm White gave us. There is no tangible crumb of comfort to cling too, just more promises that follow on from lots of other promises that have not been followed by any actions.

If we don't want to follow in Bramley's footsteps with Leeds and end up as Warrington Lions playing at the Halliwell Jones, supporters need to show some of the collective backbone they did back in 2008 when the Darwen move was mooted. Else there is a very real danger of sleep walking step by step into total oblivion. At some point the signal needs to go to the top - this is a step too far.

Right now you have got that off your chest perhaps you will kindly retreat back into your hole and allow the followers of Swinton to enjoy this forum without putting up with your constant repeats. I thought the BBC were bad but my God man you beat them hands down.

#91 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Not that phil H needs anyone to fight his corner but just get off his back, it really is a case of the truth hurts. Chambers' tenure is an absolute mockery to the proud heritage of our famous Lions, how can he have been the best applicant for the job?

Yes you can shout me down but this is an open forum, therefore all opinions have a right to be proposed. As I have said before if this is just an elaborate scheme to save money to keep us in the division and Agecroft is delivered come by the end of the year them I will accept it, if not then we are truly heading into feeder club territory. The one question I would like to know is and if not when is planning permission to be submitted?
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#92 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Not that phil H needs anyone to fight his corner but just get off his back, it really is a case of the truth hurts. Chambers' tenure is an absolute mockery to the proud heritage of our famous Lions, how can he have been the best applicant for the job?

Yes you can shout me down but this is an open forum, therefore all opinions have a right to be proposed. As I have said before if this is just an elaborate scheme to save money to keep us in the division and Agecroft is delivered come by the end of the year them I will accept it, if not then we are truly heading into feeder club territory. The one question I would like to know is and if not when is planning permission to be submitted?

. Well said Shizonay! Agree completely with your views and Phils for that matter.

#93 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I think one thing the club should do is call an open meeting and answer questions such as yours.

#94 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think one thing the club should do is call an open meeting and answer questions such as yours.

#95 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

So we are agreeing that this is an open forum and all opinions count BUT also to leave Phil alone and stop arguing with him because what he says is true?
That's one of those contradictions he'd delight in ridiculing someone for.

#96 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

#
We are not heading into feeder club territory, we are nothing but a feeder club NOW, it is extremely sorry to a see a once proud and mighty club reduced to this.

Edited by juliancaine, 18 March 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#97 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Being such a popular poster Julian, maybe you should form a breakaway club? The Swinton Trolls perhaps?

Trolls forever! I know I'd support such an outfit.

#98 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

We we we?

Im convinced youve never seen a match Julian

Edited by mark richardson, 18 March 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#99 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I have watched rugby league for many years both swinton and st helens, i only went to watch st helens as my maternal grandfather was captain of the side, and played rugby both league and union to a reasonably high standard.

Being such a popular poster Julian, maybe you should form a breakaway club? The Swinton Trolls perhaps?

Trolls forever! I know I'd support such an outfit.

Don't you mean the Warrington Lion's Dual Reg Trolls?.

Edited by juliancaine, 18 March 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#100 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

I have watched rugby league for many years both swinton and st helens, and played rugby to a reasonably high standard but unfo

Not divided loyalties there then!

Don't you mean the Warrington Lion's trolls?.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users