Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

When will we hear about who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Ah yes, sorry Julian, you're posts are brilliant. I hate Swinton...sorry, Warrington Lions as well (Not really, I'm a Swinton supporter).

#102 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Not that it matters now - but does anyone actually know who were the applicants from which Mr Chambers - was selected ? The appointment can only be measured by how the team plays and hopefully success on the field.........but having said that I too feel it no coincidence that Mr Chambers has got the job - not least because he should know all the DR players well have presumably coached them at one time or another............

I am not happy with the DR system - but will still support Swinton..........

#103 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

If that is the case Julian then I apologise
But to be honest your posts sound a bit kevin and perry....everything is rubbish but I dont know why ....

Give us some ideas if you have such a strong hetitage
Shouting swinton are rubbish rip is not helping. ..

#104 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

It's a real shame we all love the club but are so divided on our opinions at a time when in reality we should be united.

#105 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

The opinions don't seem too different, it's the reactions that are different.

#106 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Its true bryce we all pretty much feel the same
...its how we all choose to deal with it which differs

#107 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Unfortunately we are all working with a lack of knowledge and many unknowns. We also have a natural fear of change and the past history of the club has increased suspicion and paranoia levels.

If the furore over DR/partnership does result in it being changed at the end of the season then where will it leave Swinton ? If Warrington do push this to the limits of forcing the RFL to re-instate reserve teams as Super League then what?

No ground - same as this year

No players signed on - same as this year

New coach who has loyalties elsewhere(?) - same as this year

Dwindling fan base...

An alternative view of this would of course be very different and would see us as having stripped Warringtons assets for our own greedy purposes.

What we really want to know is who is "running" the club, selecting the team and tactics and what level of independence/dependence do we have - I am not sure anyone knows the answers to that if they are truthful.

On a brighther note we have just employed (part time as I understand that Gary Chambers is also a teacher) a coach who has worked under some first class coaches at Warrington for many years, has a background of developing young players and has significant playing experience in the game. The indication is that the "back room" staff will remain unchanged with Watto and Marlon continuing as we would all wish.

In other circumstances we could be delighted by the appointment.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#108 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

How exactly do any of the posters on here know who was the best man for they job at the interview, were you there? Or does it just fit your diatribe better if you say it is so. Mr Chambers could have outshone them all at interview or he could have had the most reasonable salary demands of the candidates. But no your probably right again its a big conspiracy were all doomed, the dead are rising from the grave, cats and dogs are living together in harmony. All the experts on here should be running the country then we would be the best at everything. Still you would probably find something else to moan about and that would be the Kidds fault too I guess.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#109 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

True Tim

I agree

Its all nonsense and conjecture.

Time to move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users