Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Two tier SL on the way

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#541 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

because the championship clubs need more home games in lieu of decent tv money

dont think you have grasp it 10 ten super league to play each other 3 times for 27 games like wise super 2 so why cant the third tier of ten do the same
Chief Crazy Eagle

#542 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

what the hell are you talking about?? cartel?? immoral?? unfair??

give your head a wobble son!

irony dear boy irony
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#543 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

dont think you have grasp it 10 ten super league to play each other 3 times for 27 games like wise super 2 so why cant the third tier of ten do the same

fair enough..

i just think a 10,10,14,10 set up suits the structure better.....

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#544 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

fair enough..

i just think a 10,10,14,10 set up suits the structure better.....

your right if we can get enough teams but at mo we are struggling to get forty for four leagues of ten .It would be great to have four leagues of 14 quality teams in each league even three leagues of fourteen would do .
Chief Crazy Eagle

#545 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

irony dear boy irony

l'ange is good at irony 'spud. He practises it often enough.

rldfsignature.jpg

#546 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

ALL this talk of the two tier super league with ten teams in each I think its time the Rfl made some kind of statement. I would like to know the RFL agenda as to me there seems little planning long term. If we were to have two tiers of ten who will be invited in .
Chief Crazy Eagle

#547 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

What would the 2x10 strategy be aiming to achieve?

We it help expansion? Or are we aiming to get more full time players?

Where do the French and Welsh fit into this? Would Toulouse do better in SL2 than they did in the Championship? Would Catalans get relegated? They're my two main sticking points really. How will this new "Euro" SL help the strategy in France?

We need a stronger France to build the international game. We also need a stronger England. Is there a balance we can achieve here in a 2x10 structure? This is why I was questioning whether the Super XIII could be integrated if its still looking to happen as I think it could balance out the development for both.
Posted Image

#548 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Where do the French and Welsh fit into this? Would Toulouse do better in SL2 than they did in the Championship? Would Catalans get relegated? They're my two main sticking points really. How will this new "Euro" SL help the strategy in France?

We need a stronger France to build the international game. We also need a stronger England. Is there a balance we can achieve here in a 2x10 structure? This is why I was questioning whether the Super XIII could be integrated if its still looking to happen as I think it could balance out the development for both.

it's main achievement would beto get Featherstone into Super League: which is what this is all about.
and bring back a version of the long craved for auto prom and reg. Still nobody has said asnything about the clubs outside the twenty. I find this odd since the same people who have been bleating about the injustice, immorality, and unfairness of 'pulling the drawbridge up', 'leaving club to rot' blah de blah.

I don't believe in auto prom and reg to and from SL. It's a separate comp to he championship, and clubs should be admitted or chucked out according to a strategy of developing the game. But if people are goiung to go on about the justice, morality and fairness of the current system ten the same so called principles should apply to the new asyastem that the same people are championing. I've asked about this on here sveral times and had no reply.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 23 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Keeping it local

#549 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

it's main achievement would beto get Featherstone into Super League: which is what this is all about.

I thought it was to get Leigh in? Fev are already shoe-ins aren't they?!
Posted Image

#550 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

i believe a 2x10 setup will increase intensity...especially in the top tier

OLDHAM RLFC

#551 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

i believe a 2x10 setup will increase intensity...especially in the top tier

how?
Keeping it local

#552 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

dunno mate.
I've edited the post you quoted by the way.
Keeping it local

#553 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

how?

just will....

OLDHAM RLFC

#554 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

and bring back a version of the long craved for auto prom and reg. Still nobody has said asnything about the clubs outside the twenty. I find this odd since the same people who have been bleating about the injustice, immorality, and unfairness of 'pulling the drawbridge up', 'leaving club to rot' blah de blah.

I don't believe in auto prom and reg to and from SL. It's a separate comp to he championship, and clubs should be admitted or chucked out according to a strategy of developing the game. But if people are goiung to go on about the justice, morality and fairness of the current system ten the same so called principles should apply to the new asyastem that the same people are championing. I've asked about this on here sveral times and had no reply.

It's something I've said in the past. Those complaining about no P&R between SL and the Championship never used to feel so strongly about P&R between the Championship and the Conference. And with KPC1 (that's Kingston Press Championship One in case anyone was wondering!) being considerably weaker it's ironic that there are now talks of licensing the KPC so teams don't get relegated to "the league of death".

Personally if there are standards in place, I'd be happy to see P&R between SL1-SL2-KPC1-KPC2-NCLP-NCL1-NCL2...

The seasons are all aligned now. Could be doable. If there are teams in the NCL that want to get into the Championship, it provides a reasonable pathway.
Posted Image

#555 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Personally if there are standards in place, I'd be happy to see P&R between SL1-SL2-KPC1-KPC2-NCLP-NCL1-NCL2...

The seasons are all aligned now. Could be doable. If there are teams in the NCL that want to get into the Championship, it provides a reasonable pathway.

I totally agree. We need to build towards a genuine pyramid system. One that allows all clubs meeting minimum standards to advance up the pyramid as and when it's merited.

rldfsignature.jpg

#556 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

agreed

OLDHAM RLFC

#557 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

I totally agree. We need to build towards a genuine pyramid system. One that allows all clubs meeting minimum standards to advance up the pyramid as and when it's merited.

I agree.

But then how will this aid with expansion in France? French clubs can't be expected to get into SL through this system.
Posted Image

#558 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

We need to build towards a genuine pyramid system. One that allows all clubs meeting minimum standards to advance up the pyramid as and when it's merited.

I'd agree as well. How much real movement we'd end up with is another issue. Only rich chairmen coming in, or leaving, seem able to change the status quo........

#559 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,779 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'd agree as well. How much real movement we'd end up with is another issue. Only rich chairmen coming in, or leaving, seem able to change the status quo........

Nothing wrong with that. Clubs need investment to progress.
Posted Image

#560 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

leigh are dead now.
Best thing to do now would be to promote Fev,Fax and Sheffield to sl and then CLEARLY state only clubs from expansion or development areas will be allowed in.
All other clubs will be used to devolop sl players and give established sl players game time to get match fit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users