Two tier SL on the way

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#601 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,510 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Parky not arguing with any of that. As fans are be all and end all of a club. But I will give you the right info on mr Campbell and feisal. Yes they will have to dig deep but it just won't be them mr Campbell and feisal have said numerous times their is investors waiting in the wings too to join the club. They haven't come on board yet because like feisal as said we don't need them yet but they are prepared to help bankroll Fev along with mr Campbell and feisal to make us a top 6 team in SL. Whether we will be or not who knows but ambition like that as to be rewarded IMO. Because most go up and make the numbers up my club as said repeatedly they don't want to go up to make the numbers up.

I'm looking forward to it sir....

#602 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Halifax applied for SL but when asked how they would fund it they couldn't provide a plausible answer.

Where is the evidence to say that happened? Everything was done behind closed doors. One month they were deemed good enough for SL alongside Widnes. 2 months later slammed as not good enough. I am not saying that Fax coud have survived or done much in SL. But the way it was all done was wrong for me and its all guess work as to the real reasons. I have heard Fax worked on a realistic budget and refused to "Dream" of what could happen if such and such happened. Others like Salford and Bradford made ridiculous claims and ended up in serious problems. Again that is just a rumour. I dont think anybody on here can claim 100% the ins and outs of what really happened at licence time.

#603 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,510 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Where is the evidence to say that happened? Everything was done behind closed doors. One month they were deemed good enough for SL alongside Widnes. 2 months later slammed as not good enough. I am not saying that Fax coud have survived or done much in SL. But the way it was all done was wrong for me and its all guess work as to the real reasons. I have heard Fax worked on a realistic budget and refused to "Dream" of what could happen if such and such happened. Others like Salford and Bradford made ridiculous claims and ended up in serious problems. Again that is just a rumour. I dont think anybody on here can claim 100% the ins and outs of what really happened at licence time.

Lizzy,

Do you really want me to post the licensing summary for Halifax's bid in full?

"insufficient", "inadequate", "speculative".

That's what was published in the public domain. If it was completely wrong it was up to your chairman to do something about it. IIRC all he did was bleat about Wakefield, then was ticked off and shut up IIRC.

Yes Salford collapsed but do I really have to remind you that was because Wilkinson decided enough was enough?

Yes Bradford ended up in a mess, but are you really saying Halifax should be in SL before Bradford??

Because that's always been the point about licensing. They pick the best 14 clubs but it doesn't guarantee any of them are any good, all it does is keep even worse clubs out of Superleague.

The Bulls were on 10K crowds and Salford had Wilkinson. you had 2,000 crowds and no rich benefactor.

I love Halifax, I'm not having a go at them, but this is how it was........

#604 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Parky not arguing with any of that. As fans are be all and end all of a club. But I will give you the right info on mr Campbell and feisal. Yes they will have to dig deep but it just won't be them mr Campbell and feisal have said numerous times their is investors waiting in the wings too to join the club. They haven't come on board yet because like feisal as said we don't need them yet but they are prepared to help bankroll Fev along with mr Campbell and feisal to make us a top 6 team in SL. Whether we will be or not who knows but ambition like that as to be rewarded IMO. Because most go up and make the numbers up my club as said repeatedly they don't want to go up to make the numbers up.

I don't think any club wants to make the numbers up, and I think all clubs wanting SL have high ambitions. I can tell you now, Hull FC, Hull KR, Salford, Widnes, Wakefield, etc all want to be in the top half of the table and have plans for this but look way off the pace so far. It would take A LOT to get any of these, let alone Fev, into the top 6 so I wouldn't pin your hopes on it.
Posted Image

#605 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I don't think any club wants to make the numbers up, and I think all clubs wanting SL have high ambitions. I can tell you now, Hull FC, Hull KR, Salford, Widnes, Wakefield, etc all want to be in the top half of the table and have plans for this but look way off the pace so far. It would take A LOT to get any of these, let alone Fev, into the top 6 so I wouldn't pin your hopes on it.

Wellsy I'm not. Parky was interested so I told him what us Fev fans have been told. Can we fund SL? What we have been told yes we can. Can we be a top 6 team? From what we have been told that is the aim. Whether I believe it or not is another thing entirely. However I do believe we could fund SL and become one of the elite teams in time. But Im sceptical whether we could establish ourselves as a top 6 team but maybe over time we could as we've been told the funds would be their to use up the full salary cap. That's more than half the SL clubs can do at this present time. But I live in hope without hope you don't have a sport IMO. I just hope we get the chance to prove ourselves with the big boys and the rest would be a bonus IMO.

#606 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

. I just hope we get the chance to prove ourselves with the big boys and the rest would be a bonus IMO.

What do you mean by "prove ourselves", Gaz ?

Win some games ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#607 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Lizzy,

Do you really want me to post the licensing summary for Halifax's bid in full?

"insufficient", "inadequate", "speculative".

So why did the RFL say Halifax met the RFL's criteria and can carry on with their application in the hope of also being admitted to Super League for 2012? http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/9441316.stm
Either they were not ready and should have been told in the April alongside Barrow or they were fit. The licences were all done behind closed doors and whether Halifax were ready for SL or not is not that important. Buthow did Bradford get a grade B? How was the major problems at Bradford and Salford missed or ignored?

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 24 March 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#608 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

So why did the RFL say Halifax met the RFL's criteria and can carry on with their application in the hope of also being admitted to Super League for 2012? http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/9441316.stm
Either they were not ready and should have been told in the April alongside Barrow or they were fit. The licences were all done behind closed doors and whether Halifax were ready for SL or not is not that important. But how did Bradford get a grade B? How was the major problems at Bradford and Salford missed or ignored?

#609 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

What do you mean by "prove ourselves", Gaz ?

Win some games ?

Just to get a crack at it griff for starters. I don't want us to go up and end up the whipping boys (which after the first season I don't see that happening anyway). I want us to establish ourselves with the elite and over time become a top 8 team. Their is no point in us going in and ending up like Widnes c@s etc. ( nothing against them teams but on evidence they are bottom of the table teams year in year out).

#610 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Id rather see the money spent on this being spent on a new reserves league system, think this would benefit our game more than a reduction of the top tier.

Cummins Out.

#611 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Just to get a crack at it griff for starters. I don't want us to go up and end up the whipping boys (which after the first season I don't see that happening anyway). I want us to establish ourselves with the elite and over time become a top 8 team.

I think it's very difficult to set criteria against which you can say you've "proved yourselves".

#612 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think it's very difficult to set criteria against which you can say you've "proved yourselves".

You could be right Richie. But I just hope we get the chance to prove the people wrong that we can survive and compete with the elite as so many people think we can't and won't.

#613 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just to be clear, Halifax only met the published criteria to be able to apply for a license. That they were able to do so had no bearing on the quality of the application itself.

#614 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Halifax wanted to spend less on their SuperLeague squad in 2012 than Leigh did in 2005. That isn't a rumour either.
Posted Image

#615 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Halifax wanted to spend less on their SuperLeague squad in 2012 than Leigh did in 2005. That isn't a rumour either.

Isn't it? how did you get the info?

#616 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Isn't it? how did you get the info?

From someone who I trust.
Posted Image

#617 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

You could be right Richie. But I just hope we get the chance to prove the people wrong that we can survive and compete with the elite as so many people think we can't and won't.

What I mean, Gaz, is that I wouldn't think you've proved yourselves as a club if you win enough games to - say, get in the playoffs - but borrow a load of money and blow it on wages. Any fool can throw his money away.

Presumably we're not talking here about the players proving themselves in $uperleague ...........

#618 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

What I mean, Gaz, is that I wouldn't think you've proved yourselves as a club if you win enough games to - say, get in the playoffs - but borrow a load of money and blow it on wages. Any fool can throw his money away.

Presumably we're not talking here about the players proving themselves in $uperleague ...........

I don't think that would happen Richie. I mean mr Campbell and feisal are very good business men that's why they are rich๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. They are not going to throw all their hard earn money away Richie. Plus we have more investors waiting in the wings if we do get SL so with all these successful business men on board I can't see anything other than a successful and fruitful business when we get ourselves established. Which yes we would need the 3 year grace to do this.

#619 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

wheres your evidence?

#620 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

wheres your evidence?

It will be true LRL. One thing I will say about gav is when he does give info its normally 100% correct.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 March 2013 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users