Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Two tier SL on the way

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#641 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,463 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm not worried Richie.we will be fine we've got all sorts of assets if worse comes to worse.

Well, that's fine then.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#642 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

A very reliable source.

Take it or leave it, believe it or not, I don't really care.

I just thought you should all know.

where will the players come from?

TotalRL's very own chuckle brothers!

#643 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Your club will have to sign another squad
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#644 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Why? But if we do we have said numerous times we will use the salary cap up.Widnes didn't in their first season c@s didn't in theirs why would we have to be any different?.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#645 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm not worried Richie.we will be fine we've got all sorts of assets if worse comes to worse.

It's the potential loss of your assets (whatever they are) that would be the main worry! Is it a gamble, against those assets, going into SL or a well thought out investment?

#646 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

It's the potential loss of your assets (whatever they are) that would be the main worry! Is it a gamble, against those assets, going into SL or a well thought out investment?

I'm in no doubt mr Campbell will have been through every nook and cranny by now. So its a well thought out investment he's a successful business man along with feisal and no doubt the other investors waiting in the wings will be of similar profile too.

#647 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

'My' club - you still fallen out with the BOD?

#648 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

'My' club - you still fallen out with the BOD?

The very same BOD who bestowed him with an award not so many weeks ago!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#649 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

As I said, take it or leave it.
Posted Image

#650 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Why? But if we do we have said numerous times we will use the salary cap up.Widnes didn't in their first season c@s didn't in theirs why would we have to be any different?.

how many of your current squad would be good enough to fulfil the entirely legitimate and essential demands you mention in your previous post?
Keeping it local

#651 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

The very same BOD who bestowed him with an award not so many weeks ago!!!

I have no problems whatsoever with the board of featherstone rovers some of whom are close friends of mine

The event you mention as you can imagine meant a great deal to me
Keeping it local

#652 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

how many of your current squad would be good enough to fulfil the entirely legitimate and essential demands you mention in your previous post?

I can't answer that angelo because I don't know.Obviously it wouldn't be all the squad but I would think some would be kept. A full time contract is totally different to a part time contract.

Edited by thundergaz, 24 March 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#653 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

I can't answer that angelo because I don't know.Obviously it wouldn't be all the squad but I would think some would be kept. A full time contract is totally different to a part time contract.

well it's going to be a lot, if not everybody fi Featherstone are going to do more than make up the numbers.

There's a good chance als that some of the best players wont even want to be full time.

My point is that the systm that is in place to address this-the 'seasons of grace' has been denounced by Rovers fans including the ones on yur 'forum'.
Keeping it local

#654 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

well it's going to be a lot, if not everybody fi Featherstone are going to do more than make up the numbers.

There's a good chance als that some of the best players wont even want to be full time.

My point is that the systm that is in place to address this-the 'seasons of grace' has been denounced by Rovers fans including the ones on yur 'forum'.

Yes true angelo about the seasons grace. Fev need the 3 years in SL like every other team that gets promoted from the champ. I think the game as a spectacle needs P&R but for Fev rovers no chance as all the hard work we have put in to get into SL would all hinge on that one season. Anyone that thinks we would go up and stay up in our first season must be nuts (pardon the pun). When the champ finishes most of the players in SL are already signed up so who ever Fev would replace in SL they would be left with their players to pick from but obviously them players weren't good enough for SL.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#655 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,141 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Yes true angelo about the seasons grace. Fev need the 3 years in SL like every other team that gets promoted from the champ. I think the game as a spectacle needs P&R but for Fev rovers no chance as all the hard work we have put in to get into SL would all hinge on that one season. Anyone that thinks we would go up and stay up in our first season must be nuts (pardon the pun). When the champ finishes most of the players in SL are already signed up so who ever Fev would replace in SL they would be left with their players to pick from but obviously them players weren't good enough for SL.

how does the game as a sprctacel need p and r?

What you are saying points ro large cadre of journeymen southern hemisphere players with EU passports, british grandparents and so on: again denounced by fans of Featherstone.
Keeping it local

#656 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

how does the game as a sprctacel need p and r?

What you are saying points ro large cadre of journeymen southern hemisphere players with EU passports, british grandparents and so on: again denounced by fans of Featherstone.

Angelo I personally see SL after 5 games into the season as a friendly comp for at least 4 clubs in SL. I personally find watching SL boring unless the big 5 are playing each other. There is too many blow outs in SL and too many boring games. For these 4 clubs in question I can see why they are struggling because why would new fans want to go and watch any of these teams when they play at least 15 friendlies a season? I personally think having no P&R gives the comp less attraction just my opinion though of course.Also you keep referring to Fev fans not wanting etc and yes they probably don't but I want the best for my team and i do believe P&R isn't the best thing for my team no matter what other Fev fans think.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#657 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

for me if we have the ten team super league we need to use it to expand. We need to sit down with all our media partners and see what value is out there. Would we for example get more tv revenue having a london team even may be two. Catalan are a great side but sky isnt in france so im told . An alternative league could be
1, bradford
2, huddersfield
3, hull fc
4, hull kr
5, leeds
6, london kiwis
7, london roos
8, st helens
9, warrington
10, wigan
Would be interesting to see what kind of tv deal that could be worth. If each club were to get 2m a season then this league could happen.The two london clubs with name changes could have an impact of tv down under in aus and nz. Also would if each club had a 50/50 ratio of british and aus or nz players strenghten the Exiles team . We could have a three match serries eng v ex one game in the three areas lancs, london and yorks. Also build up the magic weekends to three again one in lancs, london and yorks. The two london clubs could also have a few extra double headers during season.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#658 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

You make me laugh. Changing the London names isn't going to get fans through the gates. Also London are in trouble financially are they not? Also where would you get this other London team from who could finance a SL campaign?. It is nice to see who you also don't think should be in SL but I bet your team is in the SL1. Personally I think the 2 leagues will not happen as their isn't enough teams to finance both leagues.You are also kicking out probably the richest team in RL in Salford are you mad?.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#659 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

its not just about changing names it a whole new media marketing plan to bring in investment to the two clubs. Offering london more big high profile matches with England v exiles in london . Having a magic week end down there . Making london feel like a major part of rugby league instead of a spare part. the london roos and london kiwis could be a big benifit to our league marketing plan world wide especially in australia and new zealand bring in potentionally more tv revenues. Plus northern teams playing the broncos is a poor fixture at the moment but northern teams playing an london roos team well every knows how we like to beat the aussies.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#660 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Like I've said London are skint and where would you get this other London team from who could finance SL?Also like I said kicking probably the richest team out of SL in Salford to accommodate another London team is madness.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 March 2013 - 10:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users