TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Two tier SL on the way

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#721 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

No matter what you do the top 5 teams will always be the top 5 teams. Ever since I started watching RL the saints.leeds.and wigans of our game have always been the top dogs. Wire have always been a big team just not as big as they are now. As the salary cap and no P&R closed this gap? I personally don't think it as it as just stopped the wigans of this world winning everything in sight like they used to. The small clubs are still the small clubs.

So who are the top 5 sides in NRL? And the small sides?

Saints, Leeds and Wigan bullied the rest in the free market era. You are completely missing the point.

#722 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

the bunnies are a classic example of a club which has been transformed by a rich backer, they have signed some of the nrls best players as well as 4 superb brits. hence from years as perpetual wooden spoon contenders they are now a genuine threat to the likes of storm, bulldogs and the sea eagles.

Edited by Viking Warrior, 26 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#723 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

That's a massive statement don't get me wrong Tomkins is in a league of his own but so is billy slater and with slater being an Aussie I will go for him just because they are always better . But if one English player could break into the Aussie international team it would be him.

In my opinion, even Tomkins shouldn't be assured his position in the starting line up for England. Lomax has been brilliant at fullback for Saints so far (defensively better than Tomkins in my opinion as well as being very good in attack) and Hardaker is excellent at Leeds. I know McNamara would never have the courage to do this but whoever is playing better towards the end of the season should be the fullback in Oct at Cardiff.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#724 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

How come your not ar3e licking the RFL this aft anyway gav?

Can I ask you to confirm? Is this just banter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users