RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

The RFL Match Review Panel has charged five players with disciplinary offences committed during Super League Round 6 fixtures.

Four players have been charged with punching in the match between Hull FC and Castleford Tigers at the KC Stadium on Friday:

- Weller Hauraki (Castleford) - Grade B (EGP available)

- Justin Carney (Castleford) - Grade C (EGP available)

- Mark O'Meley (Hull) - Grade B (No EGP)

- Danny Tickle (Hull FC) - Grade B (EGP available)

O'Meley will appear before the RFL Disciplinary Committee on Tuesday evening: Hauraki, Carney and Tickle have until 11.00am on Tuesday to submit Early Guilty Pleas.

Widnes Vikings forward Gareth Hock has been charged with the Grade B offence of using foul and abusive language to a match official during his club's fixture against Bradford Bulls. Hock, who was dismissed for the offence, does not have the option of submitting an Early Guilty Plea and will appear before the Disciplinary Committee on Tuesday.

The Match Review Panel also handed down a formal caution to Micky Paea of Hull Kingston Rovers for raising his knee in a tackle during the fixture against London Broncos.

John Ledger
Communications Manager

Edited by Honor James, 11 March 2013 - 11:46 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Gareth Hock annoys me. All the talent in the world, yet he has to continually self destruct, making his team mates pick up the slack. He could have been the best 2nd rower in the world. Instead he's just a good player who is a liability.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#3 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Watching Super League Show last night, Justin Carney really went at it! He wasnt involved at the start of the fight, came flying in and went for it!

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

justice for the widnes one.............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

...year loanee.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

I don't condone swearing at officials, but to make an informed opinion we'd really need to know exactly what Hock said.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I don't condone swearing at officials, but to make an informed opinion we'd really need to know exactly what Hock said.

It'd be the best episode of Boots N All ever.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

It was bad enough for the in goal judge to run 30m to tell the ref

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ikram Butt is on the disciplinary panel.I've just asked him if he'll tell me what hock said,so far,no response :angry:
Got 1500 bass drum lugging,bug eyed monkeys!

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I'm sure I read somewhere this morning Tickle and Hauraki one game and Carney two games.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Interesting that Pellisier (sp?) wasn't cited for his hit on Sam, which sparked the brawl. I wonder whether the Wigan players over reacted becuase of the player hurt and some perceived "dirty French" mindset?

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Interesting that Pellisier (sp?) wasn't cited for his hit on Sam, which sparked the brawl. I wonder whether the Wigan players over reacted becuase of the player hurt and some perceived "dirty French" mindset?

The Wigan players over reacted because McIlorum was out there.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

It'd be the best episode of Boots N All ever.

It would be up there with Dale Laughton's excellent foul mouthed fusillade aimed at Robbie Paul that came over loud and clear on the BBC's coverage of a Bradford v Huddersfield-Sheffield CC game at Odsal.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hock, 1 game.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

O'Meley cleared.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 joe elliot

joe elliot
  • Coach
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

The refs continually giving red cards are damaging the game. I'm glad Cummings is going and they need a change of mindset.
waddell

#17 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 813 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

The refs continually giving red cards are damaging the game. I'm glad Cummings is going and they need a change of mindset.

How are red cards damaging the game. Players are being found guilty so the cards are accurate. Blame the players not the refs

#18 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

How many cards have been given this season.

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Or maybe the dumb players doing dumb stuff to get themselves sent off are ruining the game...
Posted Image

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

How many cards have been given this season.

7 red, 15 yellow.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users