Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

town vs batley bulldogs predictions

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

i think the boys are going to come out fired up with a point to prove on sunday. and with the possible return of matty and elliot we are more than capable of beating them up here. im going town 24 bulldogs 18
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Another tough one. We need to perform for the full 80 minutes. If we do we can win and i would say 26-20. If we don't turn up or if we only turn up for 40 mins then i think it will be a batley win.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

you should win this one lads if you perform like u did in the 2nd half against the raiders ;)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Not much difference between Batley and Sheffield and with Mattinson and Miller apparently back I think we can win...
Our defence has got to be better than it was on sunday though and we need to be smarter in the backs.

Town 26-22 Batley

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

We need to wait and see what the team is before making any rash predictions. It's all if's and but's and so many things to take in to account it makes it difficult to make any predictions. However, IF we put out the right team with the right attitude, tighten our defence and play 80 minutes like we played the first half against Sheffield and second half against Barrow then we will win by 6 or 7. Otherwise we could lose by quite a bit but I would hope we can pick up a bonus point at the very least.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

No idea with town , we could pull something out or we could get touched up ... Team sheet and attitude big part to play . Definite reaction needed and more than anything a consistent 80 minute performance .

#7 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

At least our home form is showing improvement so I expect another tight game. Can we win it ? Don't doubt it, we had Sheffield on the back foot but would depend on full 80 performance and what injuries we sustained at York. Will we win it? ... er... I'd be right chuffed if we did!

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Charlo looking for a BIG response

http://www.newsandst...errerPath=sport

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Batley seem to have struggled to perform to their full potential away from home so far this season - or perhaps that's just the opposition.
I'd like to think (with my Bulldog support's hat on) that this will be the week when the 'Dogs finally give their opponents a good hiding, but I doubt it somehow. 8-20 to Batley.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#10 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Batley seem to have struggled to perform to their full potential away from home so far this season - or perhaps that's just the opposition.
I'd like to think (with my Bulldog support's hat on) that this will be the week when the 'Dogs finally give their opponents a good hiding, but I doubt it somehow. 8-20 to Batley

i wouldn't rule out a batley win but a good hiding for town on derwent park i very much doubt mate and to limit us to 8pts at home is another doubt.

Edited by town4me, 12 March 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#11 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

i honestly havent the foggiest,but i will be there as usual :)
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#12 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

i wouldn't rule out a batley win but a good hiding for town on derwent park i very much doubt mate and to limit us to 8pts at home is another doubt.

I doubt you'll get a hiding, too!
That's why I went 8-20. Wet, cold conditions - lots of handling errors form both teams - and Batley currently with the meanest defence in the Championship.
As you imply, I'll probably be way off. I predicted beating Barrow by 20!
Unfortunately I have commitments in Yorkshire on Sunday, so won't be able to see for myself.

Edited by Sir Jekyll Stocking, 12 March 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Wasn't that roughly the result when we beat you up at Derwent Park last year?

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Last year the score on the board was relatively close but the difference on the pitch was huge ... Hopefully it's a lot closer Sunday . Should be , especially with a reaction to last week and us getting accustomed to this level . Last year was a one off from what we were used to.

Edited by DavidM, 12 March 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Was genuinely asking. For what it's worth l think it will be close but we should be good enough to scrape a win. However we were poor at Doncaster and if we play like that we will struggle.

#16 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

ive gone for 18-18, good look to yas...

#17 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

No idea with town , we could pull something out or we could get touched up ... Team sheet and attitude big part to play . Definite reaction needed and more than anything a consistent 80 minute performance .

looks like Thackeray will be available - there's nothing on the RFL disciplinary panel for him tonight so unless he has entered an early plea ( which I don't think he can) he should be available for Sunday

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Wasn't that roughly the result when we beat you up at Derwent Park last year?

stronger team this season. Should have beat sheffield at home and ran fax all the way.

#19 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

stronger team this season. Should have beat sheffield at home and ran fax all the way.

So does that make Workington favourites?

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

looks like Thackeray will be available - there's nothing on the RFL disciplinary panel for him tonight so unless he has entered an early plea ( which I don't think he can) he should be available for Sunday

Championship players don't appear before them until the week following the matches, i.e. next Tuesday for matches played last Sunday. Only SL players appear two days after their matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users