town vs batley bulldogs predictions

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

We will see a very different town team performance on sunday than we saw at york i go for TOWN 24 BATLEY 16 UP THE TOWN.

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Gareth Hock of Widnes got a 1 match ban for his abuse to the referee so by that Thacks should probably get the same!!!! Ermmmmm, I don't think I will put any money on that happening.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I wouldn't !

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

So does that make Workington favourites?

could go either way. I don't underestimate batley. If we perform we can win.

#25 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

It'll be interesting to see the result of next weeks hearing. If the RFL are treating us all the same Thackray should be ok for the Haven game. He'll have to pull his socks up if he is though.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Batley not clicked away yet and i have been to every game. Our defence is good at the moment and our backs have been excellent every game so i am hoping for a dogs win although we wont be clear until the last quarter. Town 16 Dogs 30

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

does anyone know if matty and miller are back or not for sunday. it says stack,morris and calders are missing and only mentions hulme coming back up, so i wonder if the other 2 are matty and miller???
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I think our coaches will have a better idea about matty and miller after training tomorrow night.Looks like miller is the most likely.

#29 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Where will Connor play?

#30 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Where will Connor play?

in the halves hopefully. If morris isn't fit i think it will be the centres

#31 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

in the halves hopefully. If morris isn't fit i think it will be the centres

How will we know if he can play in the halfbacks if we don't give him the chance???

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#32 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Just if Matty and miller is back i would like to see Callum and Conner giving a go in the half backs with Hulme at centre that is if Morris is not fit.

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

How will we know if he can play in the halfbacks if we don't give him the chance???

i think thats most peoples general opinion keith. but i think were all kidding ourselves if we think it will be anyone other than coyle and lupton. you would have to think the backs will be miller,mossop,hulme and connor.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#34 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

exactly Keith. i agree with wonky though it will almost certainly be Coyle and lupton. If it is same old same old at halves and it still isn't unlocking batleys defensive line which is an impressive one there's going to be lots of unhappy fans.

#35 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

If Jarrad is out and they ask Widnes for second row cover you could see Lawton making the trip North.

#36 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

if Jarrad is out we have shackley to replace him.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Dead right town4me

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Dead right town4me

yeah Dave the halves has become an issue and if it isn't working something has to change. I have alot of time for Charlo and oggy but if they persist with the same old at 6&7 and we aren't breaking the line fans frustration will set in. Its a big game on Sunday really where we need to get something after last Sundays show. So is either season back on track or things looking gloomier as the weeks go by. I haven't looked at batleys defensive record but i read one dogs fan saying it was impressive. No need to press the panic button yet but we have to make these home games count.

#39 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

As much as I can't wait to have them back, I hope we aren't panicking and bringing them back too soon. We are desperate for thesa two to stay fit for the rest of the season. Does anyone know how much contact work they have had ?

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just got to have a word about tonight's game in passing.... Sheffield have a bloke from Salford as they have an injury
and obviously have no other players at the club to come in . Aston admits he hates dual reg , and smirked in his interview
when he said no to dual reg but call it a loan and its all fine !!! Careful what you say or you may end up looking a tad
hypocritical ... It's all semantics if your still getting help , whatever you call it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users