travelling up to worky

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

just wondering what sort of away support you guys take with you. the number of away fans at derwent park have dropped from last year, with sheffield bringing below 10. yes 10, i never missed a 0 off lol. it would be good to get a bit of atmosphere going for which will be a very hard fought game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

just wondering what sort of away support you guys take with you. the number of away fans at derwent park have dropped from last year, with sheffield bringing below 10. yes 10, i never missed a 0 off lol. it would be good to get a bit of atmosphere going for which will be a very hard fought game.

I know of 5 going up in a car for the weekend. Thats half of Sheffield at least .
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Add one more as i am working in the area i also get to sample the nightlife in worky on a sunday evening after the game

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Add one more as i am working in the area i also get to sample the nightlife in worky on a sunday evening after the game

Does that mean you'll be missing the Rams' match PM?

Fisrt time this season isn't it?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Does that mean you'll be missing the Rams' match PM?

Fisrt time this season isn't it?

Nah BSJ I will be there to see another dogs win!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#6 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Where abouts you working?

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Wigton which is a big clue

#8 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

He usually works at kings cross station collecting rent...

says on his facebook hes a rent boy ;)

so he must be collecting rent in workington this weekend ;)

#9 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wigton which is a big clue

Cellophane factory or ...erm...er.....???

#10 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'd say a hundred or so isn't too optimistic. We usually take good away support to Cumbria.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'd say a hundred or so isn't too optimistic. We usually take good away support to Cumbria.

20% of your core support would be a good turn out.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

20% of your core support would be a good turn out.

We've always had good away support which has grown steadily over the last few years.

I think 100 is reasonable. There's 11 of us in just 2 families staying over in Whitehaven tomorrow.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

We've always had good away support which has grown steadily over the last few years.

I think 100 is reasonable. There's 11 of us in just 2 families staying over in Whitehaven tomorrow.

Fancy coming to the Western Lakes and staying in Whitehaven!!!! Ah, well, it takes all sorts. lol

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Fancy coming to the Western Lakes and staying in Whitehaven!!!! Ah, well, it takes all sorts. lol

Perhaps they like jam? :)

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

No Mennell today. Not sure what the rest of the team will be.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

No Mennell today. Not sure what the rest of the team will be.

Was he injured or just rested? I heard JK say that Maun & Johnson could have played yesterday but were being saved for the Swinton game?

I thought George had a good game yesterday. Also noted that JC had the ball stripped from him in a one on one, that's twice in two games and he needs to keep a tight hold in future.

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Was he injured or just rested? I heard JK say that Maun & Johnson could have played yesterday but were being saved for the Swinton game?

I thought George had a good game yesterday. Also noted that JC had the ball stripped from him in a one on one, that's twice in two games and he needs to keep a tight hold in future.

He did not mention an injury on his Twitter thingy. Also what about Lindsey? Is JK tinkering?

#18 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Perhaps just trying to spread the squad about with the games coming up in Easter?

#19 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Perhaps just trying to spread the squad about with the games coming up in Easter?

Well I hope he does not spread us around too thinly. I was at Swinton last year and saw us lose a match with half of our first team sat 'rested' in the stand above us.

#20 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah I remember that one too and it could be said it cost us a home tie in the playoffs :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users