Talking Grass Roots, RL & LE

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Surprised no one has mentioned Phil Hodgson's report of the ex gratia payment on the Yorkshire Junior League balance sheet yet

If true the said amount of £8,700.00 (Who received this sum) is a lot of money for any amateur league to stand and thats not including an additional amount of £3,643, to the General Secretary & £2,000 to the Treasurer.

Can anyone shine a light on this report & normal running costs of this type of league?

Attached Files

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think the truth is most folk dont read the column that Phil Hodgson writes anymore hence the lack of reaction!

Itll be interesting to see if theres a response in next weeks league express as them figures seem excessive
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think the truth is most folk dont read the column that Phil Hodgson writes anymore hence the lack of reaction!

Itll be interesting to see if theres a response in next weeks league express as them figures seem excessive

That was my first thoughts, but then I did a retake and thats why I've asked the question because I don't have a clue on the running costs, Didn't the YJL receive £10,000 from the RFL just before moving to the summer?

#4 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

That was my first thoughts, but then I did a retake and thats why I've asked the question because I don't have a clue on the running costs, Didn't the YJL receive £10,000 from the RFL just before moving to the summer?

There maybe a logical explanation but its certainly higher than any figures ive seen in the past on a balance sheet. I believe your right marauder they did secure some form of RFL funding not sure if thats ongoing or was a one off payment
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#5 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

At the AGM there were a number of anomalies in the balance sheet that members asked questions about, one centred around the "expenses" attributed to the collection of fines, the sum involved ran into the multiple of thousands. When they were pressured on it the Top Table did the normal thing of saying they'd explain it later after the meeting and when further pressured they offered to step down and let someone else do it.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

At the AGM there were a number of anomalies in the balance sheet that members asked questions about, one centred around the "expenses" attributed to the collection of fines, the sum involved ran into the multiple of thousands. When they were pressured on it the Top Table did the normal thing of saying they'd explain it later after the meeting and when further pressured they offered to step down and let someone else do it.

Did they get any takers or are they in a position where anyone else will not have the spare time due to work?

We have a old trustee at our club who has always said don't let anyone be in control of the clubs money who will not work.

#7 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

It wasn't a serious offer to step down it was just posturing and typical Working Men's Club Commitee attitude to being questioned.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

It wasn't a serious offer to step down it was just posturing and typical Working Men's Club Commitee attitude to being questioned.

I saw it at a Yorkshire league meeting once, the treasurer had left the balance sheets on her fridge and forgot to bring them to the AGM, when we where asked to vote on them to be correct I stood up and asked how can we vote on something that we had not seen, looking back I don't think they where ever produced and the then treasurer of the Yorkshire league is on the YJ Committee.

Edited by Marauder, 16 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users