Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/03/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

2. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

If Leeds fire on all cylinders, they will win, as they are the stronger team just now. But 3 games after the WCC is a good time to play any team, as their form can drop off. These games have often been brilliant, close affairs, and I hope for the same on Friday. Another big test for our younger forwards, but they seem to be rising to the challenge. Great to see Goulding back - he holds the 3/4 together in defence. I vote Wigan, but more in hope than expectation.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Leeds, by 9.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wigan by 12,but Ihope that will backfire on me
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Leeds for me, not sure what margin by though!

I think the young Wigan pack has had heaps of enthusiasm, and has done well in the last few weeks (better than I hoped for to be honest) but I expect that to come undone slightly against the more experienced Leeds pack. Also Leeds will be on a rebound from last week.

#6 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Assume all those choosing Leeds didnt see our performance on Friday? Anything like that again and Wigan will win comfortably!

Hopefully that was the bad performance out the way and we can bounce back this week.

For reference, Huddersfield were excellent against us, Danny Brough literally kicked them to the win!

#7 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Leeds will be up for this , they will not want to be outplayed again so quickly, if they are on song they can beat anyone but Wigan for me are a lot better than people have been giving them credit for, there was much talk earlier on about them not being the side they were last year, I disagree. Match of the round, Wigan to nick it
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#8 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

GS - you may be right. Time will tell. Smith is a more "traditional" 7 than Tommy, and Green's running and passing game makes him more of a threat than Finch. Thornley is weaker than Carmont but doing a serviceable job. Lima's loss is compensated for by the young lads being a year older (and Taylor). Hock's loss is the great imponderable. He can cause damage to both sides simultaneously, but I miss watching him.

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Leeds squad: Kallum Watkins, Joel Moon, Ryan Hall, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Kylie Leuluai, Paul McShane, Jamie Peacock, Jamie Jones-Buchanan, Carl Ablett, Kevin Sinfield, Stevie Ward, Brett Delaney, Ryan Bailey, Ian Kirke, Chris Clarkson, Mitch Achurch, Richard Moore, Joe Vickery.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,973 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Blake Green, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Darrell Goulding, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Logan Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, Chris Tuson.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

If Leeds play like they did against Huddersfield then last years Headingley drubbing will seem like a close game.
Wigan,by plenty.

Ref: R Silverwood Vid Ref: I Smith Touch J: T Roby Touch J: C Leatherbarrow Reserve: T Crashley Time K: L Fairbank M Com: I McGregor

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 13 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#12 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Wigan easy.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#13 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

For reference, Huddersfield were excellent against us, Danny Brough literally kicked them to the win!

And for me therein lies the problem for Wigan in this match. Whilst Green has brought a better kicking game to the club than we've probably seen since Lam left he's still not in Brough's league of kicking. Without that momentum I think we'll struggle.

#14 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'll say Leeds by 4 as the home team, but it could go either way.

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,135 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Looking forward to this - always think this is one of the games of the year.

#16 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Leeds will be up for this , they will not want to be outplayed again so quickly, if they are on song they can beat anyone but Wigan for me are a lot better than people have been giving them credit for, there was much talk earlier on about them not being the side they were last year, I disagree. Match of the round, Wigan to nick it

This

#17 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Leeds win. (As long as their hair stays normal colour)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#18 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Depends on the weather IMO. Leeds have played twice in the rain and have looked awful. They can't hold the ball and give the opposition cheap possession. The 4 games in the dry they have looked more than capable. Looking out of the window now it's sunny in my part of Leeds but the sky is grey over towards the Headingley area. I hope it stats dry because I think this could be a great match.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#19 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Wigan, i see this been a good classic game, don't be surprised if there is a few punch ups

#20 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Rumours on Twitter that Tomkins is a doubt for tonight. Probably just rubbish but I wouldnt mind if it were true!

Agree about the weather comment, our handling in rain this year has been awful. We had a 50% completion rate last week against Huddersfield! We dont seem to be able to play the conditions at the moment so hopefully that will either change or the weather will be dry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users