Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/03/13 - Salford City Reds v Warrington Wolves - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Warrington, by 36.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Warrington have recalled Gaz O'Brien from Cas, which suggests there might be a rest for the out of sorts Hodgson with Ratchford getting a run out at full back.

I can't see us slipping up for a hat-trick of defeats, but we will be missing Morley, Briers, Harrison, Waterhouse and probably Hodgson...

I'm wondering if Smith will rest any others ahead of the silly Easter schedule?

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Widnes and London, so he might not need to. Anyway, it's tradition...! And everyone has the Easter fixtures so even if it's wrong, it's wrong for all.

Edited by hindle xiii, 13 March 2013 - 01:05 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Warrington have recalled Gaz O'Brien from Cas, which suggests there might be a rest for the out of sorts Hodgson with Ratchford getting a run out at full back.

I can't see us slipping up for a hat-trick of defeats, but we will be missing Morley, Briers, Harrison, Waterhouse and probably Hodgson...

I'd prefer us to get back to winning ways now and lose one of the Easter games, rather than risk extending our 2 game losing streak.

Glad to see O'Brien back in the squad, him and Myler at halves is probably the way to go for me.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Chris Bridge, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Simon Grix, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, James Laithwaite, Tyrone McCarthy, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan, Richie Myler, Gareth O'Brien, Stefan Ratchford, Chris Riley, Ben Westwood, Paul Wood.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Salford squad: Jack Murphy, Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Martin Gleeson, Darrell Griffin, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Lee Jewitt, Wayne Godwin, Vic Mauro, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Stuart Howarth, Liam Foran, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Gareth Owen.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

This will be a real test of the new Salford. Concede less than 40 points and all looks good.

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Dunno about that RW - our attack is off at the moment, you should really be looking for the win!

#10 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Not yet, still trying to work out where everyone should be playing.

Ratchford will score.

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Not yet, still trying to work out where everyone should be playing.

Ratchford will score.

Hey, I hope you're right! :)

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

O'Brien back really helps Wire. Should be an away win, but haven't Salford beaten them in both the last 2 seasons? A team with nothing to lose against one with a few doubts creeping in...

#13 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm a bit more optimistic than you, RW. Wigan, Catalans and Leeds put 40+ on us, so you might expect the mighty Wire to do the same. But, our defence has improved and many Wire fans think they are "out of sorts", so I think we'll hold them to less than 40. However, we still looked weak on our left side last Sunday, so I reckon Wire will get 30. We should also be able to score a few, so 16-30 would be my guess. We have also turned Wire over a few times over the years, so we might just sneak it. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#14 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Wires need direction, who's up for it?

Pack is second best at present, leadership is lacking.

Now not being disrespectful to Salford, if we can't win this we'll win jack this season

Warrington fans need to see something with belief and conviction, not headless chickens and hands on hips.

Now is the time to stand up and correct the last few weeks.

Tackling is a must for major improvements out wide, both sides of the pitch.

So with that in mind and the return of o'b

Salford 24 wires 42

#15 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

This is going to be a real test for Alan Hunte! On the face of it, a walkover for Warrington. However, if Salford are now working harder in defence then it may not end up being a walkover although I can't see past a win for the Wire. Interesting that Wire have recalled O'Brien. Either there was concern following Castleford's implosion last weekend (was he playing?) or Smith believes he could offer a better halfback partnership with either Myler or Ratchford than those two together offered against Saints.

#16 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Wires need direction, who's up for it?

Pack is second best at present, leadership is lacking.

Now not being disrespectful to Salford, if we can't win this we'll win jack this season

Warrington fans need to see something with belief and conviction, not headless chickens and hands on hips.

Now is the time to stand up and correct the last few weeks.

Tackling is a must for major improvements out wide, both sides of the pitch.

Seems you need a new owner who will sack the head coach. :D

#17 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Seems you need a new owner who will sack the head coach. :D

Lol. Senior players need to wake up, the coach is a legend... Best coach we've had in my life time.

Smith is a top bloke

#18 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ouch
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#19 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hopefully Alan Hunte will have slightly more luck than his predecessor for this game.Theo is available for a home game for the first time since his Man of the Match performance in the first round v Wigan;the Yorkshire based players will a) Get there B) not sit in a car for 3 hours;the Australians will not be harrassed by press,media and others prior to the game.May even be more than 2k attendance to motivate the players !
Home win for me.The Big 4 clubs undergoing transition and time for some new kids on the block.

#20 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Warrington by 20, any less and they should throw Tony Smith into the Manchester Ship Canal afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users