Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/03/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. Hull FC (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I predict that dimmeststar will make an idiot of himself on this thread and that Hudds will win by 14

I'm predicting a Hull FC win.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, David Faiumu, Larne Patrick, Ukuma Ta'ai, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Jacob Fairbank, Dale Ferguson, Matty Dawson, Stuart Fielden.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Josh Bowden, Tom Briscoe, Ben Crooks, Jason Crookes, Ben Galea, Chris Green, Daniel Holdsworth, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Liam Watts, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Where the flip is Luke George? He's costing me points in my Dream Team. :angry:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#25 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Murrpy is keeping him out, played well since he got in side.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Murrpy is keeping him out, played well since he got in side.

I don't care, he needs to play and score me some tries! B)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 Grinner

Grinner
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ah, now I understand why you are always the first to post the squads! ;-)

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Ah, now I understand why you are always the first to post the squads! ;-)

:unsure: I don't intend to! They filter into my path and I look to see if anyone else has posted. Happy to carry the mantle though.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Wait till the pitches dry out for Luke George...

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'm predicting a Hull FC win.

Good grief, didn't expect you to make yourself look that daft.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#31 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

It looks like Hull FC are relying on the big boys to wear down Hudds and control the game.

Should be a good game. Hull will be confident after their emphatic win in the playoffs last season. :)

#32 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Good grief, didn't expect you to make yourself look that daft.

Listen think I'll call a truce.

Hull at their best could definitely win this game. Hull can defend well and that's always a great start.

Huddersfield I think we all expected to dip slightly this season but they have done the opposite and all credit to them. They have been the stand out's so far, but even they had a bad day against Bradford....who themselves were beaten comfortably by Hull.

Huddersfield are top of the league and at home so they will be favourites but for me the teams are very evenly matched really, so it's about who is in the better mood on the day.

If I was a betting man, which I'm not I'd give this one a miss.

#33 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hull will be confident after their emphatic win in the playoffs last season. :)

:D

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#34 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hull at their best could definitely win this game. Hull can defend well and that's always a great start.

Huddersfield I think we all expected to dip slightly this season but they have done the opposite and all credit to them. They have been the stand out's so far, but even they had a bad day against Bradford....who themselves were beaten comfortably by Hull.

Huddersfield are top of the league and at home so they will be favourites but for me the teams are very evenly matched really, so it's about who is in the better mood on the day.

Truce accepted. :)

Very good summing up, you should try this sort of stuff more often.

#35 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Huddersfield at their best can beat anyone, but thats the same for most teams in the Super League - but its also true that if one team isnt 100% then they'll get beaten - thats what happened to us against Bradford, we cant let it happen again at home

#36 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

If you were a betting man it would be wise to avoid ante-post betting on Hull at the moment. We seem to be developing an unfortunate habit of losing key players after the squads have been named. I'm not convinced it won't happen again this week.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#37 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Rumours around Holdsworth's appearance or none appearance, last I heard he's playing.

And nobody seems sure of kick off time, most saying it's 17.30.

#38 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Very high quality game so far. Hull edging it on the outsides for me at the moment but its such a structured game! Not very typical of the SL. I can see Hull getting a bit of joy down their left and maybe winning by less than a score.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#39 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,663 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

FORWARD!

#40 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Shurrup you, brilliant pass*

*im in a pub with no Sky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users