Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/03/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. Hull FC (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Finally got to watch the game

Not a knock on by Cudjoe in our own goal, he had hold of the ball and it was knocked out of his hands by the hull player - knock on by hull

The forward pass was just that by any measurable standard. Hands were forward, motion of the ball was forward (a lot), the momentum rule doesn't apply because the passer was crabbing sideways - I do feel for Hull because more of those will be awarded as tries than not, but the TJ got it spot on...if we do need to ask questions ask why the near side flag carrier didn't see it

Very high quality game

#82 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Will the result of the hull derby decide who gets the sack first gentle or sandercock? April is a tough month for kr

#83 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

My argument is that the touch judge involved, who apparently over ruled the ref to disallow Briscoe's try, was 50-60m away.

How often do we see an obvious forward pass right in front of a touch judge go unpunished?

I,m not sure i know what a forward pass is anymore, Although watching it on Tv that particular pass looked way forward, and would still have done had the try been given, A few weeks ago the Giants benefited from one at Wakey every bit as forward and the try was given. All a bit too hit and miss for me, How many times do you hear the shout on TV or at the ground FORWARD!!! so are we saying that the touch judges have worked out almost instantly whether the hands were pointing forward or backward and whether or not the momentum rule applied. I suppose we have to trust that we all win some and lose some over the season
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#84 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Finally got to watch the game

Not a knock on by Cudjoe in our own goal, he had hold of the ball and it was knocked out of his hands by the hull player - knock on by hull

The forward pass was just that by any measurable standard. Hands were forward, motion of the ball was forward (a lot), the momentum rule doesn't apply because the passer was crabbing sideways - I do feel for Hull because more of those will be awarded as tries than not, but the TJ got it spot on...if we do need to ask questions ask why the near side flag carrier didn't see it

Very high quality game

No comments re. the Hudds try benefitting from forward passes then?

Tut, tut... <_<

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#85 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

We didn't throw any :P

In honesty I was only looking out for the two moments most commented on here

As has been commented, top teams always seem to get away with them ;)

#86 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#87 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Andy Wilson, Guardian.

One last statistic that may have escaped your attention. The Huddersfield team who beat Hull on Saturday night to stretch three points clear at the top of the Super League table included a single overseas player, David Faiumu, in the starting 13, and a second, Ukuma Ta'ai, on the interchange bench. In fact 14 of the 17 were Yorkshiremen, with Cumbria's Shaun Lunt completing the squad.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#88 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

It's been close to that for some time, the Giants want long term, sustainable success (when it happens)

#89 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

It's been close to that for some time, the Giants want long term, sustainable success (when it happens)

I didn't particularly notice it myself, I spose not noticing it is a good thing in a way!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users