TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Chris Hough re-signs?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just read on the Howdumbers site that Hornets have re-signed Chris Hough.
Hope this is true we have missed his leadership on the park, gives 100% all the time

#2 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Looks like he has from what I hear
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#3 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

It'll be nice to see him back, always absolutely full of enthusiasm on the field. Pleased!
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#4 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Depends which way you look at it, surely its about time Hornets started to move forward.

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

100% Pro is Chris. Always liked him when he played for us.

I guess if your looking for putting youth into the team he isn't a good signing but for quality at that level he is well worth a punt.

Good luck to him and Rochdale.

#6 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

With all due respect to the current Hornets team its already apparent that the team is lacking any real leadership.

Chris,as we all know, is hanging with enthusiasm, courage, go forward and in your face attitude and I am sure he will be a great asset to the club when he gets up to speed.

I hope his fitness levels have not fallen too much and that he get on the field in the next few weeks.
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#7 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

backwards step to old and to slow he can only kick a ball

#8 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hornets are run by clueless individuals denial is ok but read Wynn's rubbish over 3 years

#9 kingkenny

kingkenny
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hornets are clearly run by st helens , well on the playin front anyway .

#10 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hornets top brass need to stop talking a good game - ego's dont win games

#11 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

SH. kk, and Lakesider

And you'd be so much better at the job?

You'll have chance to come the next election, no?

Frankly it's not a job I'd want to do, and while I feel they deserve respect for doing the best they can, I also feel that they cannot succeed, because the co-op model, for all its noble intent, will not sustain the club, and big sponsors will not buy in without a real return.

As for the point of this thread. If you need an older head to complete the team on the pitch, that's what you need.

Stop bitching and support your team. It's bigger than you and your cronies, no matter who you are, or who you're friends might be.

Edited by StarfireHypervixen, 16 March 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#12 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Pleased to have him back,always gets the team going. Welcome back Chris !

#13 kingkenny

kingkenny
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

who mentioned the board i didnt my gripe is that we had a good win against Gateshead where paul crook had a very good game and then the following week we play oldham and we move him to loose forward so that gaskell could play , why would you do that , i wouldnt would you SH . this league campaign is the most important ever and therefore we cannot afford to lose to many matches so changing a winning side to accomodate a st helens player could come back and bite us on the bum.

#14 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

With regards to 'accommodating' Saints players you failed to mention Tommy Makinson who played centre against Gateshead at the expense of say Anthony Stewart/Danny Davies/Mike Ratu/David Hull/Alex Trumper.

I wonder why that wasnt mentioned, could it have been the result or the hat trick that Tommy scored ;)
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#15 kingkenny

kingkenny
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

i didnt mention makinson because he didnt play against oldham but now you bring it up i would much prefer any of the other players you mention to have played in front of makinson. my personnel opinion of dual registration is that it is being abused by letting seasoned professionals play for more than one club , take makinson so far this season he has played for hornets and last week he played for whitehaven now thats not right surely . getting back to my point i bet paul crook doesnt play loose forward at wales he will be back in is more familar position ,round pegs dont fit in square holes

#16 no1 saints fan

no1 saints fan
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

my personnel opinion of dual registration is that it is being abused by letting seasoned professionals play for more than one club

Well I am afraid that your 'personal opinion' is just plain wrong. This is how the system was set up. The RFL said that SL clubs can form a partnership with a championship/championship 1 club (Saints chose Rochdale). They also said that SL clubs can form another partnership with a club that is not in the 'm62 corridor' (Saints chose Whitehaven).

The system is not being abused. Makinson was perfectly entitled to do what he did under the current system.

Btw, Makinson is in a different league to any of the players mentioned above. He is one of the best finishers in SL. You where lucky to have him.

#17 kingkenny

kingkenny
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

when i said the dual reg system was being abused i meant in the spirit of dual reg i did not mean that st helens were doing anything against the rules . dual reg is here wether we like it or not but there should come with restrictions ,you mentioned 3 youngsters on another thread greenwood ,ashe and gaskell and i can see the point of that but not seasoned pros that to me brings the competition down ,totally agree with you about makinson being a class player my objections against dual reg is not against any player personneley or club its the lack of restriction i object to .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users