BARLA media release

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Yorkshire Youth ARL are continuing to operate with a winter league for the forthcoming 2013/14 season and are in fact extending their age groups from Under 12’s through to Under 18’s. The season will commence in September and run to April. This decision is to follow the wishes of their delegates at their last meeting, who wish to remain playing in a traditional winter season.

The league which will be open to clubs from every area in Yorkshire, which includes West Riding and Hull to play in and interested clubs are urged to inform the league through Secretary Alan Boot on 07802521869 or by email at alan.boot@yahoo.com This contact should be made as soon as possible in order to prepare a list of clubs in each age group and make sure that all clubs are registered.

The early feedback to the league is extremely positive and the Management are now looking to source a sponsor for the league. This would allow the removal of all league fees for clubs including plus cup competitions which would include the BARLA Yorkshire and National Cup for the 2013/2014 season.

Also following the request of some clubs, Yorkshire Youth ARL would like to learn of any clubs in Yorkshire, West Riding and Hull, who would be interested in entering an under 19’s league. Any interested clubs need to make themselves known to Alan Boot ASAP, before the end of March.

Finally for the 2013 season and embracing ‘four seasons rugby league’ the Yorkshire Youth ARL would like to remind all clubs in Yorkshire, West Riding and Hull who are wishing to enter and play in a Summer League in 2013 at Under 17’s and Under 18’s, commencing in May and ending in August, that they will be running one.

The clubs interested are urged to inform the league through Secretary Alan Boot on the above telephone number or email. This contact should be made as soon as possible in order to prepare a list of clubs in each age group and make sure that all clubs are registered. The League need to inform by the 31st March so that the plans can be made for Yorkshire Youth ARL’s first league campaign in summer rugby league

Yorkshire ARL Secretary Alan Boot sad: “I have spent endless hours travelling all over Yorkshire and attending meetings to find out from delegates what they want in youth and junior rugby league and the Yorkshire Youth ARL intend to follow out those wishes. All I would ask is for the clubs to contact us now and in the case of the proposed Yorkshire Youth ARL Summer League 2013 by the 31st March.”

Steve Manning
BARLA Media Manager

Edited by Honor James, 14 March 2013 - 07:34 AM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

All I would ask is that Yorkshire Youth and Yorkshire Juniors get together and sort out once and for all the rules regarding clubs/teams/players chopping and changing between seasons.

If they don't, it's going to be a mess.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

All I would ask is that Yorkshire Youth and Yorkshire Juniors get together and sort out once and for all the rules regarding clubs/teams/players chopping and changing between seasons.

If they don't, it's going to be a mess.

Did the RFL give any thoughts to clubs/teams/players moving to summer when they gave the Yorkshire Junors £10,000 to switch seasons & the only problem I can see with their future plans are the proposed under 19's.

Edited by Marauder, 14 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Did the RFL give any thoughts to clubs/teams/players moving to summer when they gave the Yorkshire Junors £10,000 to switch seasons & the only problem I can see with their future plans are the proposed under 19's.

You've missed the point Jim. If we are going to have both seasons active at once, and I don't have a problem with that, the leagues have to communicate and abide by their own rules. You can't have teams jacking in one league before the end because they want a fresh start, or players playing all year round by switching teams and leagues.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#5 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

You've missed the point Jim. If we are going to have both seasons active at once, and I don't have a problem with that, the leagues have to communicate and abide by their own rules. You can't have teams jacking in one league before the end because they want a fresh start, or players playing all year round by switching teams and leagues.

Simple answer, a agreement not to admit teams withing 6 months of them folding. Works both ways with this simple agreement.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I haven't Tim, I understand the disruption it can cause (I saw it enough during the latter end of the RLC) I also understand why BARLA seemed to have so many silly laws in place to stop this happening during a season and I also remember all the Pro RFL people in expansion areas banging on how the BARLA laws where wrong, well since the RFL have taken over and a lot of the policy making has been taken away from the guys/girls in the trenches what are we seeing......I'll tell you, elite team building, long standing teams who have been plundered folding and we are not just talking the odd team either.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#7 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

More in fighting and politics killing the game when will we ever learn .

#8 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

OFFICIAL BARLA UPDATE ON .............
YORKSHIRE YOUTH ARL PLANS FOR THE FUTURE UPDATE

Further to the email sent out on behalf of the Yorkshire Youth ARL on Thursday 14th March there appears to have been some miscommunication/confusion and speculation over the Yorkshire Combination Youth League regarding its intentions.

The West Riding League has this week dissolved their league into the Yorkshire Combination League stating there are still teams at this age group wanting to play a winter based competition. This being an existing ‘Winter League’ under the auspices of BARLA formed the basis of the Yorkshire Youth ARL plans. The Yorkshire Youth ARL has had contact from a number of clubs unimpressed with how the Yorkshire Juniors League charge and administer their league.

It was always the intention of the Yorkshire Youth ARL to present this to the Community Board with our findings and application as per policy, and hopefully we can find solutions to our members needs.

Should you require any further information in relation to this the first point of contact is Yorkshire Youth ARL Secretary Alan Boot on 07802 521869 or by email at alan.boot@yahoo.com <mailto:alan.boot@yahoo.com>

Steve Manning
BARLA Media Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users