Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

FLOODLIGHT APPEAL GRAND RAFFLE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

This message is a gentle nudge to those supporters who have not yet taken or bought Floodlight Appeal Grand Raffle tickets, that they will be available from the ground souvenir shop from 2.30pm this Sunday v Whitehaven and throughout the match until 10 minutes after the final hooter. They are also available from the Barrow Rugby Shop, 78 Scott Street Monday to Saturday.
I am delighted to report that after just 18 days the raffle began to make a profit after paying printing costs and setting aside the cost of the flights. As of today, the net profit stands at £919 with over half of the books distributed and just over 5 months to go till the draw.
Other selling initiatives are planned for later in the year when the weather gets warmer!
A full breakdown of the Floodlight Fund Appeal will appear on the website at the beginning of each month.
See you Sunday.

John Spoor

Posted Image

#2 Walnut

Walnut
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I have three books almost sold and a fourth should not take too long to sell, just among friends and workmates. There is a lot of interest in this raffle when people find out about it.

#3 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I have sold one and started on my second book has you say its got a lot of interest in it John was saying half the books are already out being sold,that,s not bad effort after such a short period of time

#4 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I am selling 2 books and may want more, yes their selling in Texas :-)

#5 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Many thanks to those supporters who returned their sold raffle tickets to me yesterday totalling £160, and took a further 20 books for selling. This weeks sales total £390. Well done to all!
I would also like to acknowledge and sincerely thank the supporter who handed me an envelope yesterday addressed to "Barrow RFL Floodlight Fund". When I opened it this morning it contained £100 in cash. Thanks also to Mr P Roberts who donated £20 to the fund from his Half Time Draw winnings.
The next update will appear on the web-site at the beginning of April.

John Spoor
Barrow Rugby Shop

Posted Image