Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet Vs Fax

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Hunslet Vs Fax (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Hunslet Vs Halifax

1. Halifax WIn (14 votes [73.68%])

Percentage of vote: 73.68%

2. Hunslet Win (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Very poor showing from Hunslet, even though it was only 6-0 after 35 mins you could feel fax racking up a big score

#22 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

you just knew the half time try was going to come, and it did. 6-0 to 18-0 from 35 mins to 40.Then 2 more at the start of the 2nd half killed it.We stuck at it but were clueless when near the line.No set moves and badly need a scrum half tbh, none around thats the problem, the days of uncovering a young aussie half back like Luke Brannigan or Jace Van Dyk are gone with visa issues, whats Neil Roden up to...
Posted Image

#23 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Nothing in the game for me, Marchy & Haughey cost us 1st half, missed tackles when there was nothing in the game!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#24 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Same as last 2 posts, poor performance by Hunslet today, shame we couldn't have kept it to 6 v 0 at HT and then you never know in the second half!

For me the winners were the Hunslet fans, never stopped singing all game, a credit to the club, well done lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(can't say the same for Halifax fans lol)

#25 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Superb support from the 50 or so who travelled, if only we had 200 following us!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#26 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Losing 6-0, ref awarded a try from a clear knock-on to make it 12-0, then just before half-time they scored again from a possible forward pass to go in 18 pts down. Two quick tries after break made it 26-0, then we started to play a bit and got a try to make it 26-6. Then for me came the turning point when Keinhorst broke with pryce clear at his for a certain try but wouldn't pass. that would have made it at least 26-10 and lifted us to within bonus point territory. Whats point having all these wingers if were not going to use them. Other teams use them to great effect scoring plenty of points, but for some reason individuals just want their name on score sheet. (Should be playing for the club, not themselves). After that Halifax made it look easy.

#27 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Superb support from the 50 or so who travelled, if only we had 200 following us!

only 50 we had 174 at kieghly which will be 4 at donny

#28 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

Not a right lot to add this week tbh. Not a game that anybody present will remember for very long. Second best in practically every facet of the game, it was clear Halifax had done their homework on us and all our strike players were well marked throughout.

The "arm-wrestle" phase seemed to last for ages - all the way until the final few minutes before half-time when those two tries took it from 6-0 to 18-0 and game over.

There was some fair defensive work going on, particularly in that opening 30 minutes, but there were also several instances of poor one-on-one misses, and even more instances of unforced knock-ons and poor decision making.

Fair play to Halifax, outplayed and outthought us, let's move on ...

#29 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Positive has to be we haven't dropped in the table and we have got 3 of our hardest away games out of the way.

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Positive has to be we haven't dropped in the table and we have got 3 of our hardest away games out of the way.

The moths not over yet...........Captain

#31 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Getting tasty just below us though. The last two weeks have shown that outside the top five anybody can get a result against anybody else, and it's starting to look like a larger number of points than you might normally expect will be required to stay away from the trapdoor ...

#32 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

April/early May will be defining moth for us, playing Keighley, Swinton, York and Workington we will need 9 points from them games.

#33 HunsletJosh6

HunsletJosh6
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Was expecting a slightly better scoreline than the 32 point variance but at least its another tough away game out of the way. Hope everyone that made the trip had a good away day to make up for it, my old man certainly did, rang me at quarter past one this morning after being woken up by a security guard in Newcastle train station.........
Posted Image

#34 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Was expecting a slightly better scoreline than the 32 point variance but at least its another tough away game out of the way. Hope everyone that made the trip had a good away day to make up for it, my old man certainly did, rang me at quarter past one this morning after being woken up by a security guard in Newcastle train station.........

Hahaha that's quality, how did he manage that, he got the 5:08 train back from Halifax!!

It would be fair to say the Naughty Forty were a little intoxicated yesterday! :D

#35 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

And you can't blame me for that one ha ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users