Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Charged

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Just seen Jamie has be charged with Grade C foul & abusive language & body language towards an official

so thats 2/3 games he will miss Fev, Haven & possibly Leigh

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

It's an extra couple if you're not in super league and play for England. One rule for the big league and another for the leagues
no one bothers about .

#3 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

think the wording is key & being the key word

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'd look to bring a DR for a few weeks as cover

#5 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

And I don't suppose the ref being a Haven fan may have exaggerated the incident to ensure he can't play against the team he supports.....

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

And I don't suppose the ref being a Haven fan may have exaggerated the incident to ensure he can't play against the team he supports.....

Paranoia at its finest!

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

It's more than a coincidence that he'll miss the derby but Thackray should never have been stupid enough to give him the opportunity.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 14 March 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

More than a coincidence? So are you actually claiming that the referee is corrupt?

#9 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

lets move on .....
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

it was to be expected. hopefully they give walne an opportunity to start in his absence as hes been the best prop out of them so far. i wouldnt look to bring in another prop, i would have the 3 forwards on the bench and callum phillips as matty will be back starting. walne to start, acton,coward,shacks and callum on the bench.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#11 browlad

browlad
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Sending off sufficiant no ban

#12 browlad

browlad
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Edited by browlad, 14 March 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#13 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Is that the verdict?

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

thought the hearing was next Tuesday

#15 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

hes been charged grade C offence hearing nxt tuesday dont listen to him

#16 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

it was to be expected. hopefully they give walne an opportunity to start in his absence as hes been the best prop out of them so far. i wouldnt look to bring in another prop, i would have the 3 forwards on the bench and callum phillips as matty will be back starting. walne to start, acton,coward,shacks and callum on the bench.

Id start Callum and then use Matty dynamism off the bench rather than vice versa!

And I cant believe we have a suggestions it part of a plan for Thacks to miss the haven game FFS :rolleyes:
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#17 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

I've heard that Matty won't be back for a few weeks yet, same wth Elliott. My mate works with Dan Rooney and said he is doubtful for the rest of the season, he said he was hoping to be back in contention around August, but all depends on how his knee fairs up

I thought our squad was a bit thin at the start of the year, now I'm starting to worry it's transparent!! - We saw at the end of last season the effects of having a small squad, and I am more than a bit worried that the game v Batley on Sunday might put another couple of not quite 100% fit players back into the treatment room.

This league doesn't give players any rest

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I've heard that Matty won't be back for a few weeks yet, same wth Elliott. My mate works with Dan Rooney and said he is doubtful for the rest of the season, he said he was hoping to be back in contention around August, but all depends on how his knee fairs up

If that's correct then which Widnes players have we got in for Sunday? They've taken about 20 to France!!!!!

Looks like Batley have taken Anthony Mulally, the lad who played a couple of games for Haven, on DR from the Giants.

Edited by Keith T, 14 March 2013 - 10:23 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Oh good we needed that as they already have a huge pack ! We've got to use our link this week surely , with niggling injuries and just to freshen things up .

Edited by DavidM, 14 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#20 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

I heard at work ( from a reliable lad) that Callum has been struggling with an injury for a couple of weeks too!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users