Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Charged

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'd put Lupton at 13, Olstrom at 9 with Calum and play forber & coyle at HB.

#22 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

If that's correct then which Widnes players have we got in for Sunday? They've taken about 20 to France!!!!!

Looks like Batley have taken Anthony Mulally, the lad who played a couple of games for Haven, on DR from the Giants.

Mull went to Brisbane for 12 months whilst he was at the academy at Widnes to aid his development , he then left for what he called a better opportunity at Huddersfield - he would be in the Widnes first team had he not decided to leave.He is a man mountain and one hell of a player. He came from the same academy team as Gore,Craven,Gerrard,Hulme,Lawton. As for DR this weekend , well there's nothing left to choose from, they have only left Hulme,Lawton, Cahill ( wifes due to give birth) Hock ( banned) and Joesph ( not got a passport LOL ) behind. Every other fit available player has gone to France. I know Hulme is up this weekend and I believe Lawton has also been given the nod. Adam has only played a hand full of games over the last two years due to being very very unlucky with injuries and prior to the season starting was lined up to come to Worky on a years loan. He still only 19, hes 6 ft 5 and has a great pair of hands with a cracking rugby brain, he just needs games to get his match fitness back I just hope he is given time to find his feet because coming into this league and playing in this Worky side I feel you need players which can adapt quickly. If he does play on Sunday I hope you guys give him a chance as he will only get better and better and if up here for the rest of the year you could have one hell of a player on your hands. :)

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Mulally played for Whitehaven against Town at Derwent Park last season and scored one of their tries. Two big lads in opposition Sunday then with Mulally and Lawton and hopefully Lawton oushines him. If he puts in a good shift the Town fans will take him to their hearts as its a win win situation for both him and the team.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

whatever happened to the big lad who was close to sign for town only to go to cas at the very last minute. does he ever play for them? i think he played in france with thacks

Edited by wonky, 15 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is Lawton confirmed for Sunday?

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Is Lawton confirmed for Sunday?

He says on Twitter that he's playing!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

He says on Twitter that he's playing!!

cheers Keith

#28 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

whatever happened to the big lad who was close to sign for town only to go to cas at the very last minute. does he ever play for them? i think he played in france with thacks

James Grehan - only played 4 games for Cas and I think he went on loan to Batley (?) but I haven't a clue where he is now.

#29 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

James Grehan - only played 4 games for Cas and I think he went on loan to Batley (?) but I haven't a clue where he is now.

Came to us for a few weeks, but then went back to Aus

#30 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Met him when we were on tour with Barla in Prague, was staying at our digs. He was going back to Aus to play 2nd tier said they were all ale cans at Cas!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

I've heard that Matty won't be back for a few weeks yet, same wth Elliott. My mate works with Dan Rooney and said he is doubtful for the rest of the season, he said he was hoping to be back in contention around August, but all depends on how his knee fairs up

I thought our squad was a bit thin at the start of the year, now I'm starting to worry it's transparent!! - We saw at the end of last season the effects of having a small squad, and I am more than a bit worried that the game v Batley on Sunday might put another couple of not quite 100% fit players back into the treatment room.

This league doesn't give players any rest

youve heard wrong mate. ell miller is playing sunday

Edited by wonky, 15 March 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

just shows that he probably made the wrong career choice not joining town

#33 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

youve heard wrong mate. ell miller is playing sunday

what do you think will be the back combination ? do you think they will play Hulme on Mossops wing and Connor with Elliot?? Id like to see Elliot play outside Hulme. I Calderwood fit ??

#34 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

We will see if elliot is playing at training saturday morning and calderwood it will also be interesting to see if lawson is there?.

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

We will see if elliot is playing at training saturday morning and calderwood it will also be interesting to see if lawson is there?.

elliot has said on twitter that hes playing.

#36 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Great spot on has the pace we are lacking in the backs.

#37 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Lawton will certainly be there in the morning- unless he oversleeps lol :rolleyes:

#38 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Mulally played for Whitehaven against Town at Derwent Park last season and scored one of their tries. Two big lads in opposition Sunday then with Mulally and Lawton and hopefully Lawton oushines him. If he puts in a good shift the Town fans will take him to their hearts as its a win win situation for both him and the team.

Lawton was down to be a great prospect but has suffered with injuries.Was in the academy with Craven,Hulme,Gerrard and Gore.Don't get on his back, as not played for a long time.Hope plays and does well.

#39 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Lawton will certainly be there in the morning- unless he oversleeps lol :rolleyes:

You know a lot about Widnes are you Declan Hulmes father?lol

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Great spot on has the pace we are lacking in the backs.

It's on the Town website as well about Elliott making his return on Sunday - Miller is back. http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=10828

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users