Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 6 Leigh Centurions 36 - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Need to get behind the lads,they will be a bit nervous after last weeks slip up.Lets try make it into a cup tie atmosphere.What we dont need negative comments from the off.

Edited by Tom Coates, 22 March 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#2 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

According to the Evening Post Matty Tebb gets a chance this weekend and Karl Pryce has avoided a ban for his sending off at Barrow
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Home form aint been the problem...its away

no doubt sunday will follow the usual pattern

Good performance resulting in a bonus point loss

this week 80 minutes is the goal...not 40 in recent weeks

leigh by 10 to 12 points

#4 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Not sure after last week, rams win by 2. Hopefully home form will pull us through.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

We do seem to perform much better at home so i'm looking forward to a spirited performance. Leigh were many people's early season favourites and will be in the top 3 at the end of the season but are still vulnerable at present so a surprise may still be on the cards. What did stand out in watching the video of last week's defeat is that we allowed Barrow's hooker far too much space from dummy half and can't afford to repeat that mistake this week. No doubt GM will have addressed this.

I predict a win for Leigh by 8 -12 points.

Att 1150
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

true, especially when leighs hooker penkywicz is probably best hooker in our league!

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ahemmm Are we forgeting about the Rams favorite.... George "guaranteed to score against the rams" Flannagan?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ahemmm Are we forgeting about the Rams favorite.... George "guaranteed to score against the rams" Flannagan?

Judging by the comments on your board PM he isn't exactly ripping the division apart this season is he?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Judging by the comments on your board PM he isn't exactly ripping the division apart this season is he?

Av you been snooping around our board again BSJ? Your like the "phantom knicker sniffer of old London town"

As to GF, he's doing OK in my book his discipline is much better than his second stint with us and he will always grab a try when you need one most, as you and your kinky friends on the Rams forum will find out on Easter Monday :P

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#10 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Av you been snooping around our board again BSJ? Your like the "phantom knicker sniffer of old London town"

As to GF, he's doing OK in my book his discipline is much better than his second stint with us and he will always grab a try when you need one most, as you and your kinky friends on the Rams forum will find out on Easter Monday :P

Lucky break for you lot that Warren knocked some discipline into him - we're a bit like fev in that respect - ex batley players always realise their full potential when they join us - we'll take johnson off your hands for a season if you like ;)

#11 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Lucky break for you lot that Warren knocked some discipline into him - we're a bit like fev in that respect - ex batley players always realise their full potential when they join us - we'll take johnson off your hands for a season if you like ;)

I suspect this is Johnson's rehabilitation year and he might end up back where he came from.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've been shredded by the wit and repartee of Toffee, your young apprentice, so I'm scared of visiting your board now.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

We need to slow their play the balls down or Penkwicz will win the game for them. We have had this same weakness for a few seasons we let other teams get a roll on.

#14 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yeah I must admit it seems as though when defending, the lads making the tackle get up too fast allowing the opposition the ideal opportunity for the fast play the ball keeping the roll on going. By slowing it down just that bit longer enables the line to get back into place and set keeping us off the back foot

#15 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Needs a big game from the forewards.Penky will not play if their running the show.

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

According to the Evening Post Matty Tebb gets a chance this weekend and Karl Pryce has avoided a ban for his sending off at Barrow

About time really. Reading the press, GM anticipates a difficult month, not least because of our lengthening injury list. Think we are now suffering from the fact that we didn't sign enough quality backs. On the other hand we have DR'd the entire bulls squad - isn't it at times like this that we should be getting a few suitable players in rather than unnecessarily bringing in forwards when we were awash with them - just a thought.

#17 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

About time really. Reading the press, GM anticipates a difficult month, not least because of our lengthening injury list. Think we are now suffering from the fact that we didn't sign enough quality backs. On the other hand we have DR'd the entire bulls squad - isn't it at times like this that we should be getting a few suitable players in rather than unnecessarily bringing in forwards when we were awash with them - just a thought.

Their in a worse position than we are injury wise.

#18 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I wonder if we have learned anything from last week's catastrophic second half performance. If we haven't, then the game against Leigh will not be much of a contest because you can bet that they have after the Sheffield defeat. I hope for the best, but don't think it will be good enough.

Dewsbury 16 - 22 Leigh

Att: 1127
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#19 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Big game for Tebby to come in to.He wont let us down.

#20 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Losing 6-14 ht.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users