Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury Rams 6 Leigh Centurions 36 - discuss the match here

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#81 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

No leader and no recognised kicker.

Posted Image

#82 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

The problem with the ref for me (aside from the signal for the kick at goal which was a shocker) wasn't that he gave Leigh penalties that weren't, I think every one was a pen, it was more his consistancy in not giving things he should have.

The touch judges actually both had decent games I thought. Didn't notice anything they gave that was wrong or miss anything that they had the opportunity to bring to the refs attention.

#83 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

And some refs definitely do have teams they don't like. I know one (now ex) referee that absolutely hated us, and that's from his own mouth.

#84 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

I heard the penalty was 24/ 7 to leigh.I believe in the papers its been called a little closer.Ibelieve there was only 10 the difference.Regarding the refs attitude.Since an official complaint has been submitted,its only appropiate to inform the people at the top,the information we have.

#85 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I heard the penalty was 24/ 7 to leigh.I believe in the papers its been called a little closer.Ibelieve there was only 10 the difference.Regarding the refs attitude.Since an official complaint has been submitted,its only appropiate to inform the people at the top,the information we have.

Then your club is being as daft as you. All the RFL will do is view the DVD of the game and then you will be shown up for being silly.

I was at the match my brother is a referee so I rarely criticise them as like players they have good games or not so good. My own view is most of his decisions were correct. A typical reaction from you would be that I am biased. Well that's your perogative but you could get the DVD show it to a neutral fan and I will lay money that he agrees with me rather than you.

For the record I did think Leigh's second try could have been forward but whatever 36 6 says it all you were well beaten.

Move on.

#86 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

We will see when you have a bad ref what the reactions like.People in glass houses,theres nobody moans about the ref more than the mount T brigade.Plus if your brothers a ref lord be he dont ref us.
Listen if your brother refs a game and both sets of fans are giving him grief.You can at least say hes being fair.Didnt hear many leythers up in arms.Nobodys saying we werent guilty of alot of the decisions but there were alot of situations that leigh could have been pulled up for and wernt.The 2nd man blantly not square at play the ball and he makes the tackle.The handbags at 40 paces Leigh man puts the fist in,it kicks off and they get the penalty.Trouble is theres a saying if you complain about a ref then you upset them all.Perhaps your brother can inform us on that.Anyway the games history we dont bear grudges,well not till next time we have the ************************************************************************************************************************************ lol

Edited by EQUALIZER, 21 March 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#87 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

We will see when you have a bad ref what the reactions like.People in glass houses,theres nobody moans about the ref more than the mount T brigade.Plus if your brothers a ref lord be he dont ref us.
Listen if your brother refs a game and both sets of fans are giving him grief.You can at least say hes being fair.Didnt hear many leythers up in arms.Nobodys saying we werent guilty of alot of the decisions but there were alot of situations that leigh could have been pulled up for and wernt.The 2nd man blantly not square at play the ball and he makes the tackle.The handbags at 40 paces Leigh man puts the fist in,it kicks off and they get the penalty.Trouble is theres a saying if you complain about a ref then you upset them all.Perhaps your brother can inform us on that.Anyway the games history we dont bear grudges,well not till next time we have the ************************************************************************************************************************************ lol

Actually the DVD shows that in the bust up it was Steve Nash who threw the first punch that started it.

#88 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Actually the DVD shows that in the bust up it was Steve Nash who threw the first punch that started it.

If thats right hold my hand up m8

#89 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

The first swinging arm was thrown by Parker in the tackle. Then there were words and then it kicked off. The ref and linesmen missed the swinging arm.

#90 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Definitely a swinging arm and contact with a clenched fist from Parker in the tackle. I had a perfect view of it from the South Stand.

Nash played the ball and threw a punch at Parker in retaliation. Whole thing could have been avoided if the Touch Judge had intervened. There was a good five seconds between Parker's swing and Nash's retaliation.

#91 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Definitely a swinging arm and contact with a clenched fist from Parker in the tackle. I had a perfect view of it from the South Stand.

Nash played the ball and threw a punch at Parker in retaliation. Whole thing could have been avoided if the Touch Judge had intervened. There was a good five seconds between Parker's swing and Nash's retaliation.

All this has got me thinking, and as I have mentioned before we can't blame the officials for the result or our lack of skill and judgement in open play, but has the club approached the RFL about the Referee's performance. A club record penalty count falling, plus one or two other strange decisions not going our way. Lets face it when the whistle blower pins you down back to back then you start to loose your shape a bit which inevitably is difficult to get back, (or it was on Sunday)

Not so-much as a complaint to the governing body but asking them to review the performance and then if necessary be held accountable. I know it won't change the result but it might make the individual concerned more aware of how he performs.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#92 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Not so-much as a complaint to the governing body but asking them to review the performance and then if necessary be held accountable. I know it won't change the result but it might make the individual concerned more aware of how he performs.

Phew! I thought for a moment you were gonna blame the ref for your spanking! And by "aware of how he performs" do you mean be nice to us Mr Ref next time your in charge of a Rams game?

I ve not read such whinny drivel since Coolie's last post :angry:

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#93 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Phew! I thought for a moment you were gonna blame the ref for your spanking! And by "aware of how he performs" do you mean be nice to us Mr Ref next time your in charge of a Rams game?

You havnt been on your site then.Your biased tow rags have a go at the ref when you lose the Toss.

#94 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

You havnt been on your site then.Your biased tow rags have a go at the ref when you lose the Toss.

You should know Mr E your the biggest Tosser going :P

#95 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

You should know Mr E your the biggest Tosser going :P

By the way saw your famouse Boococks Batley Trailer.Once again in Yorkshire,its like J.Ks rag bag army they call Batley fans.It never goes out of Yorkshire. :lol:

Edited by EQUALIZER, 22 March 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#96 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

So PM we never hear your voice (or any for that matter) of complaint across the valley when you loose or have a terrible official? I shall remind you of this, when the drums make this sound from Mount Pleasant oh forget, of course I won't need to, will I?

If you read all the tread I do not blame the ref for us loosing the game, I am just baffled by some of his decisions.

30 plus penalties in one game (nearly one every 2 and a half minutes) and 8 to 1 against in the first 10 minutes of the second half is enough to make anyone spit feathers. Why shouldn't any club be allowed to approach the governing body if they feel something is not up to standard. After all we pay to watch the two teams not the man in the middle.

As for him being nice to us next time we have him, this would be a bonus. (Lets hope its not Easter Monday eh?)

Edited by muddyfunster, 22 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#97 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

With such persistant foul play a rams player should have gone to the sinbin! If I was unfortunate enough to be a Leigh fan I'd be moaning about why the ref played favorites by not bining one of your players! And the day we can't beat your shower and the ref too will be the same day Coolie starts making sense!

PS I hear Keighley's putting out a team of 13 snowmen on Sunday against the Shams and the bookies have still given you 18 start! Think I might av a fiver on the Cougars ;)

#98 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I doubt your pocket money would stretch to a Fiver Piggy.

Wait.........what.......hes not an 8yr old.........................well blow me down
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#99 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

I doubt your pocket money would stretch to a Fiver Piggy.

Wait.........what.......hes not an 8yr old.........................well blow me down

One things for sure most 8 year olds would be the intellectual betters of most dewsbury fans on this forum

#100 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Watch the DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users