Second half tackle/yardage count

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

That's right. It's our financial prudence plan - don't win too many games.

#winitfromeighthplace

Well you won't be winning it from eighth this year that's for sure unless you pick up injuries. Richie is your squad small this year? Just wondered why you have signed gledhill on loan? If injuries hit will you struggle?

#22 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well you won't be winning it from eighth this year that's for sure unless you pick up injuries. Richie is your squad small this year? Just wondered why you have signed gledhill on loan? If injuries hit will you struggle?

Liam Higgins is out with an ankle injury.

We're a bit light. Dane McDonald has gone back to Australia instead of nursing his shoulder over here. No doubt we'll fill the gaps with a few signings.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#23 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Liam Higgins is out with an ankle injury.

We're a bit light. Dane McDonald has gone back to Australia instead of nursing his shoulder over here. No doubt we'll fill the gaps with a few signings.

i heard you're twinning with cronulla
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Great game played by the best 2 teams in the comp.

I think fax beat sheffield and are unbeaten todate! Surely they must be the best team at the moment?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think fax beat sheffield and are unbeaten todate! Surely they must be the best team at the moment?

They won't beat the eagles again this season piggy. I personally think fax are not as good as they were last season I see them finishing fourth behind you guys and just in front of Leigh. I think us and the eagles will be in both finals this season but that's just my opinion of course.

#26 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Not if we draw them in the NRC

#27 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

They won't beat the eagles again this season piggy. I personally think fax are not as good as they were last season I see them finishing fourth behind you guys and just in front of Leigh. I think us and the eagles will be in both finals this season but that's just my opinion of course.

What evidence do you have of i) not being as good as last year and ii)that they will finish 4th? They've not lost an effing game yet man.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 16 March 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#28 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

What evidence do you have of i) not being as good as last year and ii)that they will finish 4th? They've not lost an effing game yet man.

Oh I have been right where you are now with so many of his posts. Mind he did say it was only his thoughts and opinions!

#29 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

The best team or teams will be decided at the end of the season or theres no point to any of this!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#30 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

The best team or teams will be decided at the end of the season or theres no point to any of this!

Yes but what on earth do we do on a Saturday night if we don't do this?

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Andrew it was just my opinion. The reason behind it is I think handforth and Thackeray are their week links. Also they haven't been winning games comfortably but maybe they are just doing what is needed to be done without breaking any Pots.

Edited by thundergaz, 16 March 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#32 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Andrew it was just my opinion. The reason behind it is I think handforth and Thackeray are their week links. Also they haven't been winning games comfortably but maybe they are just doing what is needed to be done without breaking any Potts.

Hope it's not our Potts they break as he is important to us. Also, I believe that Murrell is bringing the best out of Handforth who is a great organizer and pivot. I believe that Halifax's weakness is in the centres with Tyrer and Patterson.

#33 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hope it's not our Potts they break as he is important to us. Also, I believe that Murrell is bringing the best out of Handforth who is a great organizer and pivot. I believe that Halifax's weakness is in the centres with Tyrer and Patterson.

You're maybe right distant but god knows what will happen in the big games between us five to be honest because I didn't see us not winning at least one final last season seen as though we made both so who knows. I guess whoever keeps the most in the tank will prevail. But if we go without winning a final this season I think a change of coach will happen. I personally don't want DP to leave but the money we have spent and what happened last season I can't see how our BOD would be able to keep faith in him to be honest.

Edited by thundergaz, 16 March 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#34 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Andrew it was just my opinion. The reason behind it is I think handforth and Thackeray are their week links. Also they haven't been winning games comfortably but maybe they are just doing what is needed to be done without breaking any Pots.

Thas twisting mi melon man. Thackeray and Handforth played when they stuck 60 on us at POR, they didn'tlook that weak then,

Edited by Andrew Vause, 16 March 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#35 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thas twisting mi melon man. Thackeray and Handforth played for em last year.

Yes I know Andrew and I thought they were poor last season but what I've seen of them this season( which I will be honest is only 2 games) they seem to have got worse. Murrell is their cog now penky as gone and I think they will miss penky big time when it gets to the nitty gritty part of the season.

#36 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thas twisting mi melon man. Thackeray and Handforth played when they stuck 60 on us at POR, they didn'tlook that weak then,

To be honest Andrew when fax put 60 on us I bet hunslet would of put 40 on us that day as that wasn't us really was it?.

#37 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Well Gaz old lad I'm rubbish at predictions but weaker than last year or not I reckon they'll be top of the league by this time tomorrow. I also reckon they'll need to lose 7 or 8 games to finish 5th from the position that they are at now,that's based on Batley's 5th placed performance last year and the fact that there are more games this year. That would be a fall of epic proportions with respect to the start they have had and if you consider their run in.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 16 March 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#38 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

It' a right good job Halifax aren't as good as last year. Reet flukey win today lad.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 14 April 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

It' a right good job Halifax aren't as good as last year. Reet flukey win today lad.

Not reading too much into today's result Andrew as Leigh are poor this season not a patch on what they were last season. We will beat fax in a fortnights time and we haven't hit top gear yet. I told you first Andrew 😄😄😄.

#40 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Not reading too much into today's result Andrew as Leigh are poor this season not a patch on what they were last season. We will beat fax in a fortnights time and we haven't hit top gear yet. I told you first Andrew .

I too was hoping that Leigh had just had a bad day at the office today, but I'm beginning to doubt it, but for now Gaz, I'd keep on taking tablets :-)))))
Im Fev and im proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users