Weekend predications

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 touchjudge

touchjudge
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

If Wath have had people check it they must be able to report it & the ncl should have a local ref who can check it, how embarrassing for myton if the pitch is playable & they are using it as an excuse !

#22 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

It'll def be an excuse myton are not the side their think their are, vey annoying set of people down there

Edited by Hullfan, 15 March 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#23 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Disgrace!! Pitch definately playable!

#24 touchjudge

touchjudge
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

If that's right & can be proved the league shoud fine / deduct points from them, its a disgrace wonder what the league would have done to Brow if they refused to travel cos they had a few players missing ? Unfortunately it's well publicised that they have got key players missing so it looks like the pitch is an excuse, I can imagine what there coach would be saying if someone did it to them

#25 Dinnerladies

Dinnerladies
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Apparently it stopped raining in Hull at 3pm & has been fine since !

#26 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Its rained overnight, can't see a team resorting to this in the second game of a long season

must just be a bad pitch

#27 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Well there not another game called off in the city all touch of a coincidence for me!!!!!!!

#28 Dinnerladies

Dinnerladies
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hope the league get someone independent to have a look & take necessary action, if it is fit it's a disgrace but can imagine who's idea it was !!!!!!!

#29 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

I beleive Rich and Alan Dunham's dad is a local ref so there may be a conflict of interest there,

like i said before though i dont think there is anything in it

#30 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

5 key players missing and ironically there pitch is the only unplayable one in the town. How can there be nothing in it called the game off last night without even seeing what weather was like today it stinks!!

#31 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

i just cant see a team wanting to win that much that they would cancel their second game of the season, its not unusual for teams to have 5 players missing since the summer season has started

maybe DYS can answer any queries?

#32 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Well I live near Myton and took a stroll onto the Uni pitch next door with the dog about an hour ago, pitch looked fine to me make of that what you will.

#33 fatbirdsneedlovintoo

fatbirdsneedlovintoo
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Surely an official pitch inspection needed sure myton wouldnt try fiddlin fixtures wud they???

#34 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

League administators & committee informed of an official complaint from Wath Brow yesterday evening & are looking into this now.

#35 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Shocking if true.The season has only just got going.
Went up to Brow last year for playoff match and they good set of proper rugby folk up in Cumbria.
Got to admire Brow and Egremont who will have to make at last 5 trips each to Humberside and a significant trip every away game apart from the new local derbies not fair to be mucked about by selfish teams.

#36 dys

dys
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Nice to see we have lots of groundsmen on the forum now.....

The Myton players are annoyed as everyone else that the game is off at this stage of the season! Aaron Fewlass hasn't trained once all preseason just played the other week to cover injuries. Yes Lee Cator has gone back to Easts and good luck to him. 2nd team is not separate and people change between both teams all the time, the 1st team couldn't run without the 2nd team!

Myton had people at the ground this morning looking at the union pitch for the A team game and didnt see other people looking? Myton enquired with the university about using their pitch if own was unplayable but the university called all their grass pitches off yesterday at 3:30pm!

Wath brow said they would like to know by 6pm yesterday to sort out bus cancellation etc, Myton tried to contact ref 4 times but could only get hold of him after 6pm as was working. We could of left it until this morning to check the pitch but obviously wath brow would of set off and if was called off then I'm sure people would of been very happy...

Hull fan bore off and get back to school. Yes that's right duke was raining heavily until the early hours this morning. See none of the other hull NCL teams are at home so that would of been interesting, East Hull advised us that their pitch would have been off should they of been at Home....

Anyways I'm sure just because we have a couple of players missing we would call our 1st team off, A team off, all youth training off and Sunday's youth games on the main pitch off......

#37 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

See a simple logical explanation

#38 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story/conspiracy theory tho.

#39 Dinnerladies

Dinnerladies
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

DYS - what a load of rubbish, your 2nd team play in hull & distrct winter league & are not interested in paying for your 1st team in the summer, I have spoke to a few of the lads & they are not prepared to train when you just pick your lad & others when it suits even tho they never bother to train, I also understand that a lot of the old myton boys are unhappy with the situation ? Wonder if myton will end up like Ideal ?

#40 fatbirdsneedlovintoo

fatbirdsneedlovintoo
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

h

Edited by fatbirdsneedlovintoo, 17 March 2013 - 03:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users