Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Weekend predications

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Agree Bigtackle oooooooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhh

#62 My Name Is Jack

My Name Is Jack
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

What ever trev if you walked that rat of yours on that pitch it would have drown!

This is the only account I have and I haven't got involved in any of this so ram it! I told Tony, Ricky and camp Carl on Sunday that it wasn't me you bell
COURAGE IS NOT DEFINED BY THOSE WHO FOUGHT AND DID NOT FALL; BUT BY THOSE WHO FOUGHT FELL AND ROSE AGAIN!!

#63 My Name Is Jack

My Name Is Jack
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hull fan must be ginner Ainley!?
COURAGE IS NOT DEFINED BY THOSE WHO FOUGHT AND DID NOT FALL; BUT BY THOSE WHO FOUGHT FELL AND ROSE AGAIN!!

#64 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm taking pictures of eastside in case we have any problems jack, had to get the ducks off this morning :-(

#65 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hull fan must be ginner Ainley!?

Correct took you all long enough

#66 Isberg Ranger

Isberg Ranger
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Well from what I have seen of your A team over the winter season I would say they are poor! with only 1 maybe 2 capable of playing NCL, and looking at the NCL webiste most players who are not first team regulars have been given 1 or 2 games in the first team and I have no doubt this is down to cover more than any-thing else.

To say that we've been poor isn't a fair assessment in my eyes.......we've been far worse and off the top of my head there have been only 2 decent performances I can think off, Bransholme away and Norland at home.

The A Team currently have 2 players that have are with the 1st Team and the A Team have 2 more players that have played regulary for the 1st Team since we joined the NCL and another who has played regulary for the 1st Team in the past 12 months. As you state the others have been used for cover for injuries ect which was my main point. There are players there that Tony can and has relied on if needed.

I've seen quotes that the 2 teams are run seperatly and theres a divide in the club. This couldn't be any further from the truth and there isnt any problems between the players. I for one cant wait until the Challenge Cup fixture at Dewsbury, the A Team will have a fairly strong contingent cheering the lads on as was the case in Halifax last season.

There seems to be a witch hunt any time a team has success, its Mytons turn now and in the past its been West Hull, Leigh East and Rochdale Mayfield.

Edited by Isberg Ranger, 18 March 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#67 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

To say that we've been poor isn't a fair assessment in my eyes.......we've been far worse and off the top of my head there have been only 2 decent performances I can think off, Bransholme away and Norland at home.

The A Team currently have 2 players that have are with the 1st Team and the A Team have 2 more players that have played regulary for the 1st Team since we joined the NCL and another who has played regulary for the 1st Team in the past 12 months. As you state the others have been used for cover for injuries ect which was my main point. There are players there that Tony can and has relied on if needed.

I've seen quotes that the 2 teams are run seperatly and theres a divide in the club. This couldn't be any further from the truth and there isnt any problems between the players. I for one cant wait until the Challenge Cup fixture at Dewsbury, the A Team will have a fairly strong contingent cheering the lads on as was the case in Halifax last season.

There seems to be a witch hunt any time a team has success, its Mytons turn now and in the past its been West Hull, Leigh East and Rochdale Mayfield.

I hope you do not include me in that witch hunt mate I genuinely hope Myton & all the Hull clubs do well, I will stand by my comment about your A team being poor though and I do not see much coming through. I watched a lot of Myton first team last season as they were producing some great rugby. I genuinely fear that Myton will not be the next West Hull as Myton do not have the youth coming through like West Hull do. Youth really is the future and I think some of the clubs in Hull do better with their youth than others, on saying that I genuinely hope Myton manage to keep mixing it at the upper end of the table for as long as possible.

#68 Isberg Ranger

Isberg Ranger
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

I hope you do not include me in that witch hunt mate I genuinely hope Myton & all the Hull clubs do well, I will stand by my comment about your A team being poor though and I do not see much coming through. I watched a lot of Myton first team last season as they were producing some great rugby. I genuinely fear that Myton will not be the next West Hull as Myton do not have the youth coming through like West Hull do. Youth really is the future and I think some of the clubs in Hull do better with their youth than others, on saying that I genuinely hope Myton manage to keep mixing it at the upper end of the table for as long as possible.

No, I wasnt including you.

Like I said I cant argue with your view on the A Team, I think we've been terrible but I still think there are a few players that can step up to the 1st team Alec and John Hobman have only just come down to the A Team in the past few months. Lewis Wainmen has looked good on the odd occasion he's been available for the A Team, Jack Courtney is playing 1st team at the minute and it wont be too long before Ryan Walker is pushing for the odd game for the 1st Team.

I've only seen the odd youth team game at Myton so cant really comment as I dont have enough time on a Sunday but they do have a couple of promising players from what I've seen in the past 12 months in Ryan Walker (played both A Team and 18's) and also Matty Hotham (Played A Team last season)

If we're honest West Hull and Skirlaugh have had a great youth setup for as long as I can remember and from what I've seen both clubs have worked very hard to keep their standards at that level. I'm sure if the Myton 1st team continue to perform in the premier division then some of the younger lads that would normally seek better oppotunities elsewere can be persuaded to stay at the club.

Edited by Isberg Ranger, 19 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#69 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Is Ryan Walker Chris's brother ? If he is and anything like Chris I have no doubt he will be a cracking prospect. Yes I do not disagree if the first team continue to perform it may encourage players to stay, having 5 premier teams in Hull is great however it can be a nightmare for the clubs in retaining their young one's, if a lad is 4th in line to cover h/back or centre and only 3rd in line at the club a few miles away they are going to be tempted, balance is the key and I think Skirlaugh & West Hull are successful at retaining at this age as they enter their second teams in the Premier Yorkshire league for summer which allows their fringe players and young ones to play at a reasonably high level.

#70 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Is the a team game on this week

#71 Isberg Ranger

Isberg Ranger
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Is the a team game on this week

I assume so, Haworth away in the Council Cup apparently.

Is Ryan Walker Chris's brother ? If he is and anything like Chris I have no doubt he will be a cracking prospect. Yes I do not disagree if the first team continue to perform it may encourage players to stay, having 5 premier teams in Hull is great however it can be a nightmare for the clubs in retaining their young one's, if a lad is 4th in line to cover h/back or centre and only 3rd in line at the club a few miles away they are going to be tempted, balance is the key and I think Skirlaugh & West Hull are successful at retaining at this age as they enter their second teams in the Premier Yorkshire league for summer which allows their fringe players and young ones to play at a reasonably high level.

Yeah its Chris' younger brother and he's a top player. The A Team struggled more than a little when he went back down to the 18's which goes to show how much of an impression he had on the A Team in the past 24 months.

I know from experience that lads have left the club due to looking at developing themselves by playing at a higher level - prior to the club entering the NCL. The fact that the club are now there will hopefully work towards swaying the local youth.

#72 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

In my humble opinion i have seen mytons a-team a few times this year and yes they are a poor side they seem to have a total lack of direction both in attack and defence and a few people have mentioned the lack of good quality coaching but the word on the street is spenner and foxy are bringing in new a-team coaches

#73 Isberg Ranger

Isberg Ranger
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

In my humble opinion i have seen mytons a-team a few times this year and yes they are a poor side they seem to have a total lack of direction both in attack and defence and a few people have mentioned the lack of good quality coaching but the word on the street is spenner and foxy are bringing in new a-team coaches

I wont comment on the quality of play as I've done it numerous times and I cant argue with your assessmet.

I dont think the issue is down to the coaching. At the end of the day the coaching staff at the A Team are doing their side of the job, its the players (me included) that aren't executing their instructions.

#74 Bloodsweatandgreen

Bloodsweatandgreen
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Myton have plenty of youth coming through and have produced youth for years it goes to show the first team always have 11/12 players that have come up through the youth and the a team has the same currently.

#75 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Haworth park, I'll be watching should be a good game by there results lately there going very well

#76 Isberg Ranger

Isberg Ranger
  • Coach
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Just to touch on the A Team coaching (Not an NCL issue I know), Des and Tony dont have a problem with Gary and Andy (and neither do the players). I think you've probably heard half the story and jumped to a conclussion. As was the case in 2012, we will be running a team in one of the Merit Leagues which will consist of players from the A Team, 18's and possibly the 17's. There will be a coach stepping in for the Myton Merit team to allow both Gary and Andy to have a well earned break.

Edited by Isberg Ranger, 19 March 2013 - 06:26 PM.