Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Aussie

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Weve never really replaced Jonny grayson in his prime who used to terrorise half backs defending on the edge. our back rowers since have often been pseudo middle unit players like matty dale and tim spears, who do a fantastic job in this role but we would benefit from a line breaker on the edge.

He's only just left us. ;) :D

Seriously, I know what you mean. I suspect that Lamont was meant to fulfill this role, but to date, I don't think he's quite stepped up to the required level to move us forwards, and given him being in and out of the team, I suspect DP thinks the same. Nothing to say he can't however, just needs a bit more work.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#22 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

From what Ive seen this season and last back row is exactly where we need to strengthen, if anywhere.

Weve never really replaced Jonny grayson in his prime who used to terrorise half backs defending on the edge. our back rowers since have often been pseudo middle unit players like matty dale and tim spears, who do a fantastic job in this role but we would benefit from a line breaker on the edge.

i agree
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#23 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

think the aussie's now a kiwi :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users