RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky 3D

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Anyone else watching in 3D? I've just turned it off. The camera angles are absolutely appalling. It's pretty much ground level.

I thought the idea of watching on Sky was to be in the best seat in the house? Sky 3D apparently doesn't go by that motto.
Posted Image

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Anyone else watching in 3D? I've just turned it off. The camera angles are absolutely appalling. It's pretty much ground level.

I thought the idea of watching on Sky was to be in the best seat in the house? Sky 3D apparently doesn't go by that motto.

get rid of it, just the same as HD, another way for sky to make money. nothing wrong with good old tv!!!!

#3 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

get rid of it, just the same as HD, another way for sky to make money. nothing wrong with good old tv!!!!

Why not go a step further and just have radio - or carrier pidgeon? we have to move with the technology, though I agree that HD should now be free.

Joking aside, sky angles have alway been garbage. Too close up and too ground level especially when a player scores in the corner. I also despise watching goal kicks with the camera behind the postd

#4 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Why not go a step further and just have radio - or carrier pidgeon? we have to move with the technology, though I agree that HD should now be free.

Joking aside

Great joke :lol: :lol: :D :) :mellow: :huh: Its pigeon by the way! not pidgeon!

Edited by shun, 15 March 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#5 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I also despise watching goal kicks with the camera behind the postd

close your eyes then!

Edited by shun, 15 March 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#6 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

cancelled 3d after a month or so as said poor camera angles,generally only 2 cameras at low level,tbh most sports are poor in 3d,sky tell you its free but you have to take the movies which we dont watch

#7 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

close you're eyes then!

Lol!

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Its something else to moan about I suppose.
Posted Image

#9 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Its something else to moan about I suppose.

It is pretty poor though, Gav.

They're trying to push this new technology as groundbreaking and the next step in viewing, yet they haven't pushed for more than a few cameras at the game in poor areas. If they'd have done the same for HD, I doubt anyone would switch from standard def.

I like 3D. But better views are more important and it's not going to get off the ground if it continues the way it is.
Posted Image

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Can't agree there. The difference between "good old tv" and HD tv is remarkable.

(Well, it certainly is in my local where I don't have to pay for it :) ....directly of course, that is... :( )

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

now before any jumps on me (leeds fans) when the cameras have been set at the DW I thought the coverage was spot on...... is it to do positions / space available??

if so, maybe SKY need to avoid Headingley!!

#12 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

now before any jumps on me (leeds fans) when the cameras have been set at the DW I thought the coverage was spot on...... is it to do positions / space available??

First 3D game I saw was Wigan vs Warrington at DW, and I agree the camera angles were better (they were higher in the stand). But there were still very few camera angles.

Is this the same for other sports? The movies are good in 3D though at least!

I don't understand why they just can't have all the cameras at the game be 3D ones and just send out 2D to the Sky Sports using those cameras.
Posted Image

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I bet Galapagos was good in 3D.

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

First 3D game I saw was Wigan vs Warrington at DW, and I agree the camera angles were better (they were higher in the stand). But there were still very few camera angles.

I don't understand why they just can't have all the cameras at the game be 3D ones and just send out 2D to the Sky Sports using those cameras.

Probably because 3D cameras are a bloody fortune, they probably will do that when its eventually affordable.
Posted Image

#15 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Probably because 3D cameras are a bloody fortune, they probably will do that when its eventually affordable.

I'm sure Sky can afford it with the money they charge for subscriptions!
Posted Image

#16 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#17 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

The camera in front of us that was "broadcasting" for the majority of the match was down on the touch line. Not a position I would choose to watch the match from.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

I bet Galapagos was good in 3D.

How did that theory evolve?

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#19 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Only seen the one game and that was in the pub... Sorry I can't offer anything else.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I've only watched the Hull derby at NCP last season, it doesn't look right really. I can't understand the complaints about Headingley, too low down and can't see the other end of the pitch... it's exactly like being at Leeds.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users