Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Workington,Sun 24th,3pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Voted Featherstone To Win (26 votes [74.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. Workington To WIn (7 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Draw (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Really looking forward to this game, its been a while since we played Workington and hopefully they will bring a few supporters. Had a great chat and laugh with their supporters at the Warrington Grand Finals day, passionate and vociferous fans like us,

Lets get behind the players again this week like we did at the Keighley game, great effort that night so lets sing out loud and show them how much we appreciate their efforts.

Anyone that would like to contribute and join in with the singing then come and join us in the Family stand, the drum will be making lots of noise so lets be a loud and proud Capper family.

Featherstone 58-14 Workington

First Try - Hodson

M.O.M. - Kain

Attendance - 2550
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

24-23
Att...1909
MoM..Liam Finn

#3 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

fev56 workington 6
1st try finny
mom heppy
att 2200

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

1 Hardman
2 Saxton
3 hellewell
4 Worthington
5 Hodson
6 Kain
7 Finn
8 James
9 Ellis
10 England
11 Lockwood
12 Spears
13 Briggs (Dale if Briggs not fit)
14 Crossley
15 Dale (Bryan if Briggs not fit )
16 Bussey
17 Bostock

Fev 44. Workington. 14

Mom. England

#5 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Id go with same team jt, but with Dale at 13 regardless and Briggs maybe on the bench if hes 100% fit.

Cummins Out.

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Really looking forward to this game, its been a while since we played Workington and hopefully they will bring a few supporters. Had a great chat and laugh with their supporters at the Warrington Grand Finals day, passionate and vociferous fans like us,

Lets get behind the players again this week like we did at the Keighley game, great effort that night so lets sing out loud and show them how much we appreciate their efforts.

Anyone that would like to contribute and join in with the singing then come and join us in the Family stand, the drum will be making lots of noise so lets be a loud and proud Capper family.

Featherstone 58-14 Workington

First Try - Hodson

M.O.M. - Kain

Attendance - 2550

The last time Featherstone played Workington was one of the most bizarre games ever in terms of scoring. We have had a game against Gateshead since that has been equally bizarre.

The Workington game was shortly before the Oldham grand final game. They had already beaten us at their ground and at half time in the home game the double looked a shoe in. Only Celtic crusaders had beaten us home and away that season, but Workington were a whisker away from emulating them.
At half time or shortly before Town were in the lead with a ridiculous scoreline, I cant't remember but we were about 24 points down just before H/T. Rovers performed a dramatic second half fight back and eventually triumphed 40 odd 30 odd.

In the summer of 2009 we beat Gateshead 50 odd 40 odd another incredible day.

#7 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

TBH as a Town fan I'm hoping we send a weakened team and give our key players a rest. It's a game we have no realistic chance of winning and I'd rather keep our lads fresh for the Good Friday battle with Whitehaven as its games like that which will determine our fate this season.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#8 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

I hope your bringing a few fans Derwent ? Come and join us in The Lagoon from 2pm, the bar under the Family Stand. Great craic in there before luck off and it's just been 're furnished so looks great .
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Fev are established in this league and are the best team in the league. Due to that I will be glad to see the back of this fixture (no disrespect to fev) and hope we get through it injury free to face the haven jameaters next Friday. I look forward to fev at home but away is far too big an ask for us at the moment. A respectable scoreline will do 44-14

#10 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

ok come on own up.......who are the 4 that have voted workington to win this ?? :lol:

You can view who votes for what if you click on corresponding vote bar

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Like other Town fans, because of the nature of this seasons Championship, our priorities have to be getting points from all the clubs that are likely to be around us in the final league table. This fixture is therefore to us a dead rubber but nevertheless I hope that we put up a good fight without losing players to injury for important matches that we have coming up, especially the local derby with Whitehaven next Friday.

Whether we lose by 20 or 60 matters not in the big scheme of things but rest assured that there will be a couple of coaches of fans to watch the game from Town and I'm sure they will not stop singing until well after the final whistle. It's sad really that clubs are having to think like this but we need our best possible players for the lesser games to come because we don't know the strength of what we will have to face in those matches.

Here's hoping for a good game and Fev to win by 20 points.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Were playing against Laughton this week.

Cummins Out.

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

You'll still win your first trophy of the season though - The Billy Ivison Trophy - always played for every time Fev and Town meet. ( Billy Ivison 1952 Challenge Cup Final Lance Todd Trophy winner versus Fev)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

You'll still win your first trophy of the season though - The Billy Ivison Trophy - always played for every time Fev and Town meet. ( Billy Ivison 1952 Challenge Cup Final Lance Todd Trophy winner versus Fev)

I didn't know there was a trophy played for? Thats fascinating. .. feel ignorant now.

Cummins Out.

#15 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

TBH as a Town fan I'm hoping we send a weakened team and give our key players a rest. It's a game we have no realistic chance of winning and I'd rather keep our lads fresh for the Good Friday battle with Whitehaven as its games like that which will determine our fate this season.

Its 17 v 17, anything can happen.

Cummins Out.

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I was going to say he can't be any worse than hewer but I will respond to that after Sunday as the refs in our league just are not fit enough and most can't keep up with the play that's why every week at least one set of fans complains about one of them week in week out.

#17 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

I was going to say he can't be any worse than hewer but I will respond to that after Sunday as the refs in our league just are not fit enough and most can't keep up with the play that's why every week at least one set of fans complains about one of them week in week out.

Think we need more officials on the pitch, rugby league is a fast game, somebody needs to watch for things in the tackle.

Cummins Out.

#18 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well i have heard that Mr Laughton his taking a bell on with him as your lads where lying on so long against Sheffield a couple had a wee nap ha ha.

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Well i have heard that Mr Laughton his taking a bell on with him as your lads where lying on so long against Sheffield a couple had a wee nap ha ha.

I know your only messing but I wish the laws that be would realise we don't lie on in the tackle we put the opposing player on his back so he can't get up and PTB quickly. It's a mastered art not a cheating one.Also we probably have the fittest team in the comp so why would we want to lie on in the tackle?

Edited by thundergaz, 19 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#20 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Bol locks

Cummins Out.