Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today's Officials

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 steve75

steve75
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

17 Mar KO:15:00 Championship Rd: 7
Barrow Raiders v Whitehaven RLFC
Craven Park
Ref:

C Leatherbarrow

Touch J:

M WoodheadT

ouch J:

A Bentham

Reserve:

C Etchells - Is this the one and only Curtley of this board?

M Com:

P Gilmour

Posted Image

#2 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yes the one and only Curtley from this forum, he has been reserve before. Great to see him getting the experience

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#3 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Lets hope the ref doesnt get injured!!

#4 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hope he doesn't have to write anything down! :lol:
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#5 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

One of the refs jobs is to look after player safety and some of the high shots which were let go we're appalling.

#6 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Seen curtley ref and to be honest (don't tell him I said this) he is one of the best in the area and it would be great to see him go further..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#7 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Seen curtley ref and to be honest (don't tell him I said this) he is one of the best in the area and it would be great to see him go further..

to be fair, there aint much competition!

I was talking to James Gordon in the gym last week, he was working his back and shoulders at the time (looking quite big aswell), he was saying he is going to become a qualified referee.
i think he would be good, an ex player, a decent ex player taking up the whistle.

the last decent player i can remember round here who took up the whistle was derek hadlee.

#8 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

What??? Gordy as a ref!!!
He's the angriest man I've ever met.
I saw him training at my gym recently and he was literally screaming while he was working his chest!! never seen anything like it!!

#9 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

What??? Gordy as a ref!!!
He's the angriest man I've ever met.
I saw him training at my gym recently and he was literally screaming while he was working his chest!! never seen anything like it!!

yeah straight up.
ive heard he is pretty tight with his money so perhaps referring might be financially viable for him.

he wasnt shouting at his weights when i seen him but he wasnt working his chest at the time, he eyes were bulging out of his head though, it was scary!
he was looking like had had put a bit of muscle on too.