TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

final score

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

NW 30 v 16 RH

#2 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

An anyone list today's Hornets team?

#3 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Match report and teams from today's game.

http://www.mission20...chdale-hornets/

Talk was of beating St Helens Hornets, so not sure if they were all your players....

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#4 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Plenty of ex Hornets in the NWC line up hope they are not DR

#5 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

We are not tied in with anybody...... Turned all offers down.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#6 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

We are not tied in with anybody...... Turned all offers down.

Including Saints I think ;)

#7 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Plenty of ex Hornets in the NWC line up hope they are not DR

LOL! Can't blame them for leaving, at least by keeping fit and playing well they will get a game at NWC, not just get dropped for some SL wannabe.
Oh! and did they play well today or what?

#8 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

We where tons better than at Oldham, but to be nilled in the second half doesnt make good reading. Cru are a decent outfit and as expected are heavy in the forward pack and very direct with it. McDonald, Smith & Braddish you know what you are getting from them.
Again Hornets made mistakes dropping the ball on the first tackle, Wayne English knocking on in his own 25 (with a little help i am sure) and if i am honest we didnt get some crucial 50/50 decisions. The try in the corner that wasnt a try, really got the Hornets team surrounding the ref after the lads had faced 3 straight sets on the line and as Crooky pointed to a big slide footprint over the touchline some five yards out of the corner flag, which looked cast iron that the defence had pushed the winger out, but no the ref didnt give it us. And dont get me on about the lad on his back over the line, that the ref gave as on his back but the touchjudge spotted some 30 yards away that he grounded the ball.
Anyway i am not ref bagging, thats how it was, we just didnt seem to get any luck and sometimes you need the odd crucial one to go your way.

With the ball, i feel we need more of a cutting edge and i am sure it will come, again stupid errors with the ball. I have got to mention Gaz Langley, steady player but some of his decisions against Oldham where poor and yesterday, Gaskell slipped him a pass 30 yards out with one only option to cut inside, he didnt and stepped into touch. I have no idea what he was thinking. To finish off, there was an incident with Gary Middlehurst who we all are more than familiar with at Hornets!!!!!!!! And Gaz lost it, it looked like Gaz was trying to say he was gouged or bitten by Middlehurst but trying to stick the nut on him in front of the linesman again stupid. Off he went straight red! If there is evidence something happened i do hope HOrnets will report it and get it reviewed, there is no need for it in the game at all. Gaz Langley did lose it and seemed to be pretty angry when marching off.

In a way i feel abit robbed after yesterday, the lads looked slicker that at Oldham and in spells had Cru looking very tired, at HT i counted 10 Cru players blowing hands on hips looking knackered. We didnt turn the screw second half and the scoreboard speaks for itself. Silly errors and poor decisions with the ball will not win us games. BUT and here is a big BUT! WE can improve no end, you can see it in glimpses and as bitter as any Oldham or Cru fans will say i am. Not one of them has impressed me, stupid things have helped both teams beat us, cut the errors and ask more questions when we have the ball and i honestly believe someone is going to get a right beating off us.

Got to metion Ratu, a real shame but again sums the day up. I understand he has a badly sprained ankle.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#9 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Says on the official site match report that Paul Crook was sent off for punching on the hooter.I never saw it, Two good players up before the beak.Could be costly with the league starting.

#10 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Says on the official site match report that Paul Crook was sent off for punching on the hooter.I never saw it, Two good players up before the beak.Could be costly with the league starting.

Its a cock up, it was Gaz Langley who was red carded, not Crooky.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#11 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

What?.....He punched someone on the hooter or punched someone as the hooter sounded? :D
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#12 apiarist

apiarist
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Who bloody nose !.

#13 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

:lol: :lol:
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#14 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

to be nilled in the second half doesnt make good reading. Cru are a decent outfit

as bitter as any Oldham or Cru fans will say i am. Not one of them has impressed me.

Make up your mind :rolleyes: ;)

#15 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Make up your mind :rolleyes: ;)

Decent = good or adequate which North Wales are and Oldham also
Impressed = striking or remarkable which North Wales aren't see Oldham also

Hope that clears that up?
Phil Bull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users