Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Exciting entertainment. Good win
Holland had a huge game in my opinion.
Well done lads..

#2 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Any official news on the coaching situation?

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

No

#4 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

So the "announcement within 48 hours" on the club website on Wednesday was up to the clubs usual accuracy, or did they appoint Bobby Goulding only for him to hold out to see if he gets the Pinks job instead?

Good win by the Lions today though.

Edited by Bleep1673, 17 March 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yes a win today was an absolute must in view of the forthcoming fixtures.Vital we don't get suck into a relegation battle.

#6 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I love the "we" bit Dave.
Good solid performance against a big Doncaster side,excellent defense and team spirit.
If our player's arn't happy with the set up it really isn't showing.
For me Neil Holland had his best game for a long time, he took up where he left off at Halifax.
Well done Swinton Lions.

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Holland was the enforcer today
Ritchie had a top game apart from that pass in touch
Our wingers relieved the forwards endlessly and mills and daz were super subs

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

True Alan ...if these lads don't care they really do a good impression. They killed themselves today. Massive effort

#9 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

I love the "our" Alan there really Didnt seem to be that many of them when I saw the team line up.

#10 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Plenty Dave, plenty.

#11 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

great win today from the boys. Our team spirit was second to none, I thought mccarthy was awesome today and had his best game for the lions. All 17 lads should pat themselves on the back, our wingers had top games helping the forwards out.

Holland look like a different player today and put some big hits in, one thing stood out for me today was how fit we look as a team and this will do us good throughout the season.

Defence wise we look really solid and great effect they did not score a point in the second half. Good To Daz Hawkyard getting back to full match fitness, great day today for lions.

Alan I wont be tearing my season ticket up ha ha

#12 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Seen the light Andy,seen the light.

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well surely now Ian Watson and Marlon Billy will get the coaching job? Surely that is something we can all agree on ?

#14 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

8 points from a possible 12 out of the last 4 games. That should be enough for the Watto/Marlon partnership to be given a shot.

Neil Holland was quality today, that's what you'll get when he gets a proper run in the side (started the last 5 now). We could have done with a bit more cutting edge, Donny didn't impress me at all today.

Daz Hawkyard with some quick reactions to give us the 3 points today. Also, we kicked for goal...twice! Keep it up Lions!

#15 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I totally agree Duffymoon, Watto is the man to lead that side, what is he has done since Steve Mc left is fantastic.

We we put them in touch everyone ran over patting each other back, great team spirit shown to.

We can go to Batley next week with our heads held high and think we can challenge them.

#16 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Really solid performance from all 17 today. Agree that Neil Holland had a superb game, 100% effort......and Mills seemed to be running the ball in hard. All still seem to be getting the ball with a standing start rather than running from a bit deeper though - is this one of the reasons why we seem to struggle finishing off with a try when we have six tackles from only 20m out on numerous occasions? From what I've seen we should always be taking the two points when it's a certain two points. Team spirit seems fantastic, the regular Swinton guys were even having a good laugh and joke with the D/Rs as they went off at the end of the match. Didn't seem like too much unrest in the camp!

#17 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Great win today.
Watto was really upbeat when i interviewed him after the match and the defence got lots of praise.

Please come along to the Borough Social Club (Top of Station Road) This Thursday night 21/3/13 and support his testimonial questions and answer night.
Along with Ian on the panel will be Andy Gregory, Ian Blease and Super League Offical George Stokes.

Watto is hoping to get some of the players there to support his cause but it would be nice if some of you who have plenty to say on here can come up and ask some questions youreselves.

It will cost you a fiver and you will have good entertainment plus a pie & pea supper thrown in.

Riggy

#18 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Be nice if Wattos got the job by then and then that will be something less to be discussed.

#19 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

We don't want less to discuss....the only down from Watto's point of view is I don't think he has his level 3 which I know he I either working to or may have done. If he hasn't I think I am correct in saying he is unable to take the job.

#20 swintonion

swintonion
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

A great performance in defence today.We are getting better as the weeks go by. I feel we need to be a bit more creative in the final 20. i.e that killer touch to get over the line. I am sure that will come, but as we all know defence comes first. I am sure our new coach was playing / watching today and he must be thinking that they are taking over a side that has the potential to get in the playoffs.
Come on you LIONS :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users