Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

We don't want less to discuss....the only down from Watto's point of view is I don't think he has his level 3 which I know he I either working to or may have done. If he hasn't I think I am correct in saying he is unable to take the job.

We don't want less to discuss....the only down from Watto's point of view is I don't think he has his level 3 which I know he I either working to or may have done. If he hasn't I think I am correct in saying he is unable to take the job.

. Why would he apply and be interviewd in the media about the post if he can't take the job?

#22 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Only letting you know that at Xmas he was still doing it.

#23 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Amazed at how a good victory gets so few replies....put something on about Chris Bridge we're here all week

Is there a culture of doom amongst RL fans?

#24 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Enjoy the silence Mark !!

Riggy

#25 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

I thought the team battled hard - looked fit and I with more attacking ideas ( having a deep line) the team will do a lot better. Danny Bridge impressed me again with his running, I also agree all the props worked hard.

#26 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Amazed at how a good victory gets so few replies....put something on about Chris Bridge we're here all week

Is there a culture of doom amongst RL fans?

. People love controversy it's as simple as that!

#27 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thought Mills ran it in hard, Laithwaite runs some fantastic lines.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#28 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

There was one bit of play we threw it around like the harlem globetrotters.
I think we really turned the corner yesterday.

#29 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

One person who caught my eye was Liam Hulme. I thought he did an awful lot of work and some of his tackles were timed to perfection!
Is Kevin Penny injured again? I said we would get better and we are and we will improve even more as we go on.
A poor crowd again though. Get off your backsides and come and watch this bunch of lads who display a large amount of talent getting better every game!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#30 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

The attendance of 468 was nearly 200 down for the same fixture at the Willows two seasons ago.It was by far the lowest attendance in the Championship,Oldham v Gateshead in the Northern Rail Cup attracted more!

#31 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

To fair the club does nothing to boost attendance. we should be doing free for kids or even bring a kid and adult goes free. anything to bring more people in.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#32 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

They have never done anything Barnie! Last season as Alan Marshall will testify a few postings on the Swinton People facebook page by myself attracted another eight fans to games.

Edited by duffymoon, 18 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#33 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

I agree Swintonion, only bad comment I can come up with his the final twenty, I reckon with I'anson getting back to full fitness he will sort that out. I only wish Ainscough had a little more pace and he would be the complete package.

The forwards really did impress me, Laitwaite ran some good lines and never took a backward step going forward. Mills look like a different man, credit to Watto for getting him to perform where Steve Mc could not.

For me Liam Hulme as been outstanding and considering he looks only 4st wet through, he runs and tackles well above his body weight, will ask him and Richie what they both eat for there breakfast ha ha.

Saturday will be a big test for us, I have full faith in Watto getting them to believe we can win that game (which we can). I think our top fitness levels will show on Saturday take there first 20 mins down the middle and then hit them we have we got.

I can not believe the difference in what Watto has done over the past couple of weeks and I take my hat off to him, I really wish he gets the job and give him a chance. I was watching him on Sunday and he was bossing all the forwards about telling them what to do, the most important thing of all, is they all listened and did exactly what he asked.

Edited by greengrass, 18 March 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#34 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

The attendance of 468 was nearly 200 down for the same fixture at the Willows two seasons ago.It was by far the lowest attendance in the Championship,Oldham v Gateshead in the Northern Rail Cup attracted more!

I agree it's a poor attendance, but the game at the Willows had 425 people there...not 600+.

In fact, from the figures I've got it's the highest attended Swinton-Doncaster match since at least 2008. Agreed though, 468 isn't good enough! (And yes I know the game in 2011 was a Friday night match). Maybe Riggy could verify the figures, got them from old programmes.

Surprisingly both the Sheffield and Worky matches attracted more fans than last season;

Worky 503 in 2012 (NRC) and 601 in 2013
Sheffield 506 in 2012, 515 in 2013
Dewsbury was down, 2012 = 654, 2013 = 581

#35 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I agree it's a poor attendance, but the game at the Willows had 425 people there...not 600+.

In fact, from the figures I've got it's the highest attended Swinton-Doncaster match since at least 2008. Agreed though, 468 isn't good enough! (And yes I know the game in 2011 was a Friday night match). Maybe Riggy could verify the figures, got them from old programmes.

Surprisingly both the Sheffield and Worky matches attracted more fans than last season;

Worky 503 in 2012 (NRC) and 601 in 2013
Sheffield 506 in 2012, 515 in 2013
Dewsbury was down, 2012 = 654, 2013 = 581

Wow hang on Bryce, dont let facts get in the way of a good moan. aint that right Kozo ;)
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#36 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

We dont deal in facts on this website. Only what Phil says is true and you can't argue with some well worded opinion. ...

#37 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

We dont deal in facts on this website. Only what Phil says is true and you can't argue with some well worded opinion. ...

You know the old saying THE TRUTH HURT'S.

#38 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

The truth hurts if its an OPINION you agree with

You are being as silly as I am except I knew I was doing it

#39 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

The truth on this thread was an increase in attendance. No pain no gain!

#40 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Well done Lions. I was trying to listen via GMR to see if I could get updates, but kept losing the connection, so had to follow it on teletext, which isn't the best way of doing it when my 4 year-old keeps moaning she wanted to watch Disney.
I thought the BBC had given up up-dating in the second half due to the lack of scores.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users