raiders v haven

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

sorry for a abrupt start to this thead. sick of hearing its a learning curve.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH. INEXPERIENCED. AND PLAYERS NOT PULLING THEIR WEIGHT.
forwards done what was expected of them today its a shame the backs couldnt follw up with some insperational play .
hanney looked like andy ballard was trying on his shirt and knows the outcome already and cammy was invisible for half the game, where was the players that played in the second 40 last week. the bull cant do it all on his own,
if we dont start picking points up at home soon the dual reg thing wont even be worth going down.
i see keighly hammered york today and all down to the d#reg sinario and look who york hammered last week. again sorry about this rant but lets hope the learning curve starts to get some good straight results , i am crossing my fingers.

#2 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Need a couple of centres.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#3 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Haney had an absolute stinker today, error after error, both wingers looked pretty clueless and the centres weren't much better. Campbell was quiet most of the game, only Casey out of the backs had any impact in the game, the forwards were very good and gave the backs a platform to play but it just didn't happen.

#4 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

The gate today was appauling and i fully understand that poor performance will bring poor crowds but after the last game i thought maybe the crowds would return. The Barrow Fans were quiet even in the first half and im afraid to say again that Barrow is not sustainable in this league with the crowds we have had so far this year.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Backs are where we are lacking. There isn't anything wrong with the forwards they are good enough for this division but the backs arn't. It's a reality we are going to have to face as three of Havens second half tries came from shocking defence down our right hand side which lost us the game.

#6 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

What was gate?

Posted Image

#7 drewjak

drewjak
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

What was gate?

1214 less than 50 whitehaven fans there though id Say

Edited by drewjak, 17 March 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#8 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

This time last year we played Doncaster at home with a crowd of 1320, You would expect a bigger crowd from a local derby but the results from the start of the year will not have helped.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#9 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

a betting man wouldnt look at this league. every week there is a shock score line but it does not come with form. keighly had 5 dual reg players playing in their team against york. what can you take from a result like that , apart from 3 points.

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

liam harrison was the difference in the 1st half best 2nd row performance ive seen for a long time 2 tries and made the other our forwards got on top 2nd half thought you would have run away with it when you made it 20-10 good thing for us was no saints players needed makes the win feel better

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

massive disappointment today......playing like we did today the crowds will disappear even more

Speculate to accumulate with regard to the backs we need

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

After scoring just after half time I could see only one winner, but this seemed to kick start Haven, Rooney kicked us to death after this and in the end Haven ended up deserved winners. Another game of 2 halves for us today only this time it was the 1st half not the 2nd where we played well, the reverse of last weeks performance.
Too many silly mistakes and missed tackles resulted in us throwing away a game we should have easily won.

Edited by richie keay, 17 March 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I still can't believe we lost. Last week in reverse! What a massive let down. Bet Whitehaven can't believe they actually won today! Jesus !

Edited by Baaarrow, 17 March 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

#14 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think thats a fair crowd

#15 Rach

Rach
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

i see keighly hammered york today and all down to the d#reg sinario and look who york hammered last week.

Dont think so mate we had ONE player that has come from Cas and he has signed on loan for the full season, no Dual reg lads at all........

#16 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

In my view we lacked ball in the second half and that's why we lost. As the ozzies would say it's impossible to win a footie match without the ball.

Posted Image

#17 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

We had ample possession to put the game to bed

Posted Image

#18 Rach

Rach
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

keighly had 5 dual reg players playing in their team against york.

ARE YOU FOR REAL ??? We had one guy from Cas who is on a seasons loan (Charlie martin) and one from Dewsbury on a months loan (Elliot Cosgrove) other than that IT WAS all OUR boys that stuffed York.We didn't today, and have never had all season, 5 players on Dual Reg .... I'm all for banter and a bit of internet rivalry ,..but seriously get your facts right before posting :-(

Edited by Rach, 17 March 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#19 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Forwards did there job today, the backs were fooking awful especially larkin and haney. saying that the rest of the three quarters were ###### too, offered us nothing in attack ane werent much better in defence. barrow should have won that game by 20 points but made an absolute ###### if it. also why was finch not used sooner?? he'a by far the best hooker we have, he offers more than mossop in attack

#20 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Brannon and spencer made a huge impact when they came on.
Good move leaving kaighan and dandy out. They don't offer anything for me.
Haney and Larkin were awful today. I'd give Haney a second chance as hes usually reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users